It says 9/21.
ofcos, I mess up something as simple as comprehending a date *shakes head*
Old 08-19-2021, 02:09 PM
ara
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
It says 9/21.
now I know my first Porsche was meant to be, embargo lifts on my BDAY!!!
Old 08-19-2021, 09:09 PM
911Stiller
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain P
GTS embargo will be lifted on Saturday -stay tuned for Tons of reviews

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSuRz-Nn...dium=copy_link
Saturday? Matt states 9/21. 8/21 is Saturday.
Old 08-20-2021, 05:42 AM
BMWMB
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm curious if it's really louder than the carrera models.
Old 08-27-2021, 11:36 AM
SRD1281
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

What are LWBs?

I would personally get the GTS strictly for those carbon bucket seats.

Knowing you have seats similar to that in GT3, Turbo, R and 918 territory is cool.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:13 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by SRD1281
What are LWBs?

I would personally get the GTS strictly for those carbon bucket seats.

Knowing you have seats similar to that in GT3, Turbo, R and 918 territory is cool.
LWBs= Light Weight Bucket Seats, the same as the carbon bucket seats (as mentioned by you) when talking about 992 seat options. There used to be two different kinds of bucket seat options (at least in Europe) with regards to 991 series, foldable and non-foldable versions, where the non-foldable one was the closest to/same as the seats in 918, a.k.a LWBs). GT3s are relatively often specced with these bucket seats, Turbos not so much. Should you see a 992 Turbo with LWBs, it's probably as a result of the Lightweight Package that an owner has decided to spec it with, similar to the current GTS, but it seems to be an extremely rarely chosen option. Please also notice that the Lightweight Package (992) categorically omits the rear seats completely, which wasn't the case with 991 series. I guess, when it comes to 911 Rs, the LWBs were pretty much inherent, but in relation to GT3s, especially GT3 Tourings, there were probably equally as many cars specced with either 18-way or 4-way Sport Seats Plus. Totally depends on the use case, individual measurements of the body and/or the level of comfort and/or versatility one appreciates/requires. Heck, according to my understanding, at one point it was even possible to equip any 991 Carrera with LWBs (at least here in Europe), while retaining the back seats. Times have changed indeed...
Old 08-27-2021, 07:21 PM
Scuderia WOT
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm a new member and just made a deposit for a 992 GTS Cab: GT Silver, Club leather Truffle Brown w/Chalk stitching, white tack and clock, RS spyder wheels, brown top, premium package, 14 way seats, ventilated seats, PDK, PDCC, power steering plus, front axle lift. This car is to replace the wife's '15 Boxster GTS mt. My personal fun car is a '09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia. This will be my 8th Porsche (1st a '72 T targa I had in the mid '70's). Also raced PCA (GT3 class) and NASA for 10 yrs. with a highly modified 964. I would appreciate feedback on the PDCC and power steering plus options. Any negatives? I live in a rural area and occasionally like an early morning aggressive drive so handling performance is important. Not sure I would track it. I scratched that itch already. The wife wants the manual but I really like the sequential in the Scud and after 10 yrs of racing a 6-speed, don't need to row and heal & toe any more. Any other options I should consider? Thanks for the input.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:26 PM
acamp76144
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Scuderia WOT
I'm a new member and just made a deposit for a 992 GTS Cab: GT Silver, Club leather Truffle Brown w/Chalk stitching, white tack and clock, RS spyder wheels, brown top, premium package, 14 way seats, ventilated seats, PDK, PDCC, power steering plus, front axle lift. This car is to replace the wife's '15 Boxster GTS mt. My personal fun car is a '09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia. This will be my 8th Porsche (1st a '72 T targa I had in the mid '70's). Also raced PCA (GT3 class) and NASA for 10 yrs. with a highly modified 964. I would appreciate feedback on the PDCC and power steering plus options. Any negatives? I live in a rural area and occasionally like an early morning aggressive drive so handling performance is important. Not sure I would track it. I scratched that itch already. The wife wants the manual but I really like the sequential in the Scud and after 10 yrs of racing a 6-speed, don't need to row and heal & toe any more. Any other options I should consider? Thanks for the input.

General consensus would be that you don’t need PDCC and power steering plus has the potential to take away some steering feel. I didn’t add either to my spec. The steering isn’t particularly heavy on 911’s and as someone put it ‘I am not an elderly maiden’. I did add Rear wheel steering in the end though.
Old 08-27-2021, 07:36 PM
Scuderia WOT
Advanced

Thanks for the feedback. The salesman, a long-time friend that I have bought 3 other P cars from and a racer, suggested both these items. He recommended the steering assist not because the steering is heavy but because it results in a more balanced steering feel and the automated sway bars give a more comfortable ride when cruising. Have you personally experienced either of these options? He has driven the 992 with and without these options and thinks this is the optimal set up. That said, he is a salesman and I want to make sure by checking against others experience, good & bad.
Old 08-28-2021, 09:37 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Sounds like a nice combination of options. Although, I would add the rear-wheel steering if I were you. Since you have a lot of racing experience and Porsche uses it in all of their top models and GT cars, you might appreciate it on your aggressive drives. It also adds a lightweight battery (the same as in the lightweight package) which is not necessarily so clearly mentioned. Some people say that power steering plus is not needed (especially in combination with the rear-wheel steering) but I have them both and like the combination very much. PDCC, on the other hand, might be a bit of an overkill. As you already have the Sport PASM that comes with the GTS by default (unless you specifically choose not to option it), PDCC might not add that much further value. Being equipped with Sport PASM, not only means that the car is 10mm lowered but also that it has an extremely well optimized and balanced active sports chassis (probably the best on the market). Not forgetting other crucial things that come along with it, like stiffer anti-roll bars and additional helper springs in the case of GTS. However, the PDCC will definitely not make the car any worse. YMMV. Congrats for the car already in advance, you will love it.

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 08-29-2021 at 11:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Spiffx (05-07-2022)
Old 08-28-2021, 01:52 PM
Scuderia WOT
Advanced

Thanks for the info. The PDCC Package on the GTS includes rear wheel steering. My rational for the PDCC was that with active sway bars the ride would be more compliant (comfortable) at lower speeds. With my model choice and spec I am trying to create a car that I can enjoy just cruising around but will have a relatively high level of performance when I want it. Glad to hear you like the Power Steering Plus. My salesman highly recommended it. He said it is a real bargain and adds to the cars handling dynamics. At $260, price wasn't an issue but I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to detract from a more communicative steering feel.
Spiffx (05-07-2022)
Old 08-28-2021, 02:44 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Thanks for the info. The PDCC Package on the GTS includes rear wheel steering. My rational for the PDCC was that with active sway bars the ride would be more compliant (comfortable) at lower speeds. With my model choice and spec I am trying to create a car that I can enjoy just cruising around but will have a relatively high level of performance when I want it. Glad to hear you like the Power Steering Plus. My salesman highly recommended it. He said it is a real bargain and adds to the cars handling dynamics. At $260, price wasn't an issue but I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to detract from a more communicative steering feel.
You're absolutely right. Apologies, I forgot that selecting PDCC forces to choose the rear-wheel steering as well. Same with other models. Fully understand your logic and I have the same preferences myself. I think the sport PASM possesses the required qualities and is pretty much perfect for the job. The ride is quite comfortable already (for cruising needs) and at the same time, has a high performance potential because of the changes Porsche made in the 992 series PASM. PDCC would become more useful if the chassis was higher and there would be more deflection in the springs (think Cayenne). The new Sport PASM and all its features already cover most of the same stuff that PDCC would add. Of course, having it helps even more but the gains might be marginal. The GTS and Turbo specific helper springs also bring more assistance in this area (while adding comfort) and make the chassis even better overall. Please see the below explanation from Porsche about the new PASM. It's about Turbos but it's the same with GTS (and mostly with other 992s too). The ride should be a lot more comfortable than in the 991 series, while also being stiffer when needed.... (Someone shared these in another thread earlier.)

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 08-29-2021 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2021, 03:48 PM
Scuderia WOT
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
You're absolutely right. Apologies, I forgot that selecting PDCC forces to choose the rear-wheel steering as well. Same with other models. Fully understand your logic and I have the same preferences myself. I think the sport PASM possesses the required qualities and is pretty much perfect for the job.The ride is quite comfortable enough already (for cruising needs) and at the same time has a high performance potential because of the changes Porsche made in the 992 series PASM. PDCC would become more useful if the chassis was higher and there would be more potential deflection in the springs (think Cayenne). Of course, it helps but the gains might be marginal. The GTS and Turbo specific helper springs also help with this and make the chassis even better overall. Please, see the below explanation from Porsche about the new PASM. It's about Turbos but it's the same with GTS (and mostly with other 992s too). The ride should be a lot more comfortable than in 991 while also being stiffer when needed.. (Someone shared these in another thread earlier...)

Thanks for providing this. It is really helpful. Porsche auto engineers are the best in the world (outside of F1, of course). I did notice that the car can be ordered with a 10MM increase in ride height for more comfort but I am betting that the new 992 GTS suspension with PSAM & PDCC will be comfortable enough at cruising speeds on regular road surfaces. Plus I think the car looks so much better with a lowered stance. Do you know where this information comes from? I didn't see it on their web site. Thanks again, this was exactly the type of information I was looking for. I'm much more confident in the spec now.
Old 08-28-2021, 06:16 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Thanks for providing this. It is really helpful. Porsche auto engineers are the best in the world (outside of F1, of course). I did notice that the car can be ordered with a 10MM increase in ride height for more comfort but I am betting that the new 992 GTS suspension with PSAM & PDCC will be comfortable enough at cruising speeds on regular road surfaces. Plus I think the car looks so much better with a lowered stance. Do you know where this information comes from? I didn't see it on their web site. Thanks again, this was exactly the type of information I was looking for. I'm much more confident in the spec now.
No problem at all. Yes, agree and definitely wouldn't recommend ordering the car with the 10mm increase because then you would lose the number of benefits that the Sport PASM brings along; stiffer anti-roll bars, better aesthetics and function of spoilers (other models than GTS), helper springs etc. They come with the lowered version only. Besides, as you said, the car looks so much better with the 10mm drop. It's not a lot but it's noticeable. To be honest, the level of comfort doesn't even increase that much with the regular PASM, as you can see if you compare the two charts above. Sport PASM and PDCC together will definitely give you the best of the best. I have been very happy with the combination I have and it's miles ahead of my previous Porsche that was a 991.2 4S with -20mm Sport PASM, rear-wheel steering and PDCC. None of these cars are bad of course but the 992 Sport PASM is so good in its versatility that it's very hard to beat.

Not sure where the material came from originally. Someone else shared it on the forum first. Based on the looks it could be some sort of internal marketing material but it's definitely something Porsche should have put on their website, as it so clearly explains the benefits and features of the new set-up. Haven't seen this information anywhere else either, even though I've tried to search. It's always good to have a more in-depth view on the technical side of things, especially when it comes to Porsche as they also invest so much in it. Why not let the owners and potential buyers learn as much of it as possible?

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 08-30-2021 at 12:00 AM.
Scuderia WOT (08-28-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 GTS Discussion