Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not finding the 992s exciting. Am I the only one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 07:42 PM
phaser
Banned

Received 428 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
The fact of the matter is - If you’re poor, or living on a fixed income (ie retiree), you say to “stay in NY”? What? Makes zero sense. it’s hard to live in NY, or Ca, or NJ, etc because of both the high cost of living and higher state taxes. Move to Florida where there is no state income tax and there’s an abundance of double wides. LOL, only Texas, another state that has an influx of refugees, has more trailer parks:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ile-homes-usa/
Wow, seems you have a huge attitude about Florida, hilarious actually, sounds like you might be stuck living somewhere you really don't want to be.
It is abundantly clear that you know very little about what you seem to be so upset about and absolutely nothing about where we live. "Double Wides" indeed Pal, try 7 figures and up.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:52 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by phaser
Wow, seems you have a huge attitude about Florida, hilarious actually, sounds like you might be stuck living somewhere you really don't want to be.
It is abundantly clear that you know very little about what you seem to be so upset about and absolutely nothing about where we live. "Double Wides" indeed Pal, try 7 figures and up.
RE: “understand why so many people are moving here from CA, the rust belt, and authoritarian NE blue states. The lockdowns that we really didn't have here were the straw that broke the camels back for many in those areas not just the rotten weather.”

Just pointing out that you are full of chit. Lockdowns have only a minor impact on why people are moving.. Sorry you are so defensive over the truth. Must have NYC envy? Yes, “abundantly clear”.

Enjoy your double-wide, “pal”.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 04-14-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:01 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,470 Likes on 1,559 Posts

I have been dealing in Florida real estate for decades. The "boom" you see now will followed by a "bust" within 16 months. One long hot Florida summer with have non-retired COVID refugees packing up.

There were record apartments sales in NYC last month and more and more people are headed back there every day. There are reasons folks live near NYC and other cosmopolitan cities, those reasons can't be duplicated in Florida unless you fork over major cash to live in Palm Beach or Miami.

https://www.france24.com/en/video/20...as-bars-reopen

https://www.wsj.com/articles/manhatt...rs-11617361200

The investment group I work with sold a ton of suburban properties in 2020 and then used that capital to buy up NYC dwellings. We are now selling them off preparing to buy Florida's exodus.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:04 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,470 Likes on 1,559 Posts

As for California folks moving to Florida that is a crock. Californians are moving to the Pacific Northwest and Arizona. That is a major reason AZ went blue in the last election.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:09 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
I have been dealing in Florida real estate for decades. The "boom" you see now will followed by a "bust" within 16 months. One long hot Florida summer with have non-retired COVID refugees packing up.

There were record apartments sales in NYC last month and more and more people are headed back there every day. There are reasons folks live near NYC and other cosmopolitan cities, those reasons can't be duplicated in Florida unless you fork over major cash to live in Palm Beach or Miami.

https://www.france24.com/en/video/20...as-bars-reopen

https://www.wsj.com/articles/manhatt...rs-11617361200

The investment group I work with sold a ton of suburban properties in 2020 and then used that capital to buy up NYC dwellings. We are now selling them off preparing to buy Florida's exodus.
Thx for some relevant info.

Personally, I really don’t care where people live. I have no dog in that fight...just pointing out that people moving to warmer and cheaper states has been going on for decades. In Florida’s case, aging baby boomers have been fueling the growth for a long time. I have two 70+ retiree neighbors that moved to Florida, pre-COVID. The motives were 100% based on cost of living. As one told me, he was “moving to God’s waiting room...and wanted to live in a more affordable place while he was still alive”.
The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 08:12 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
As for California folks moving to Florida that is a crock. Californians are moving to the Pacific Northwest and Arizona. That is a major reason AZ went blue in the last election.
99% correct. 1% are going to Texas for cheaper cost of living. What can I say, buying a home in Ca ain’t cheap.

I have rental property in San Diego, and during the Summer, SD is loaded with people from Arizona (we called them “Zonies) and Texas escaping their Summer heat, and in Texas case, oppressive humidity (like Florida) by vacationing in California.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 04-14-2021 at 08:14 PM.
Carlo_Carrera (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 08:25 PM
phaser
Banned

RE: “understand why so many people are moving here from CA, the rust belt, and authoritarian NE blue states. The lockdowns that we really didn't have here were the straw that broke the camels back for many in those areas not just the rotten weather.”

Just pointing out that you are full of chit. Lockdowns have only a minor impact on why people are moving.. Sorry you are so defensive over the truth. Must have NYC envy? Yes, “abundantly clear”.

Enjoy your double-wide, “pal”.
OK, now I understand, a New Yorker. I understand that disease. Sorry you are so angry, understandable considering where you live. Its OK, couldn't get much worse for ya.
Nice lookin "Double Wides" here:

View of the Gulf from one balcony and a championship golf course view looking inland from the other, "Double Wide". LOL!
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2021, 08:26 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 434 Posts

I’m from Chicago and lived in Miami (Brickell) for 5 years before relocating to Lakewood Ranch (Sarasota/Bradenton) for work in 2019. Housing market has been ridiculous and as we are slowly looking to buy a home here, the prices go up weekly. The demographic is changing. Lot of younger singles and families with young kids are moving in. I make my living off older people but it’s nice to see more and more people in their 20s and 30s moving in. Great public schools compared to the rest of Florida. Especially with the increase in work from home jobs.

think we are getting a bit off topic though...
Old 04-14-2021, 08:31 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

OK, now I understand, a New Yorker. I understand that disease. Sorry you are so angry, understandable considering where you live. Its OK, couldn't get much worse for ya.
Nice lookin "Double Wides" here:

View of the Gulf from one balcony and a championship golf course view looking inland from the other, "Double Wide". LOL!

Like everything you’ve said to this point, wrong. As in 100% wrong. Don’t live, nor care for NYC...except for going to Broadway plays or sporting/musical events...something I don’;t expect you to grasp. Keep trying...
Old 04-14-2021, 08:33 PM
phaser
Banned

Originally Posted by Master Deep
I’m from Chicago and lived in Miami (Brickell) for 5 years before relocating to Lakewood Ranch (Sarasota/Bradenton) for work in 2019. Housing market has been ridiculous and as we are slowly looking to buy a home here, the prices go up weekly. The demographic is changing. Lot of younger singles and families with young kids are moving in. I make my living off older people but it’s nice to see more and more people in their 20s and 30s moving in. Great public schools compared to the rest of Florida. Especially with the increase in work from home jobs.

Relocation from Chicago to Sarasota.
Master Deep (04-15-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 08:35 PM
phaser
Banned

Like everything you’ve said to this point, wrong. As in 100% wrong. Don’t live, nor care for NYC...except for going to Broadway plays or sporting/musical events...something I don’;t expect you to grasp. Keep trying...
My goodness, what are you so angry about. I really hope things get better for you and I honestly don't care where you live. Best of luck my friend.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:40 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by Master Deep

Yes, we were (getting off topic)...but that won’t ever stop me to call out BS, when I smell it.

FYI - housing markets all over the Country have been off the hook. Florida is not the exception.

By far the majority of people moving to Florida have been, and still are, retirees. I smell old people every time I visit the gunshine state. Glad you have a secure job.

Florida is #1 for retirees

https://smartasset.com/financial-adv...re-moving-2021

Though just 17% of the U.S. population is 65 and older, relocation company United Van Lines reports that seniors in that age group completed 29% of all its moves in 2020, one percentage point greater than in 2019. Moreover, about 20% of all surveyed movers listed relocating for pulling up stakes”:

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 04-14-2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:41 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

My goodness, what are you so angry about. I really hope things get better for you and I honestly don't care where you live. Best of luck my friend.

I hope you finally move out of your momma’s double wide. Good chatting with you.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:48 PM
phaser
Banned

Yes, we were (getting off topic)...but that won’t ever stop me to call out BS, when I smell it.

FYI - housing markets all over the Country have been off the hook. Florida is not the exception.

By far the majority of people moving to Florida have been, and still are, retirees. I smell old people every time I visit the gunshine state. Glad you have a secure job.

Florida is #1 for retirees

https://smartasset.com/financial-adv...re-moving-2021

Though just 17% of the U.S. population is 65 and older, relocation company United Van Lines reports that seniors in that age group completed 29% of all its moves in 2020, one percentage point greater than in 2019. Moreover, about 20% of all surveyed movers listed relocating for pulling up stakes”:
Yeah, you sure got some issues about the Sunshine State, wow.
Nice chatting with you also.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:51 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Yeah, you sure got some issues about the Sunshine State, wow.
...and you “got some issues”, period.

”wow.”

You need to take fact checking less personal.

Quick Reply: Not finding the 992s exciting. Am I the only one?