Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation Dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 07:48 PM
2022_992
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

(Reviving this thread!)
Hi all! So I am a first time Porsche buyer (and new here) and my dealer told me they got me an allocation for a '22 C2. I had my deposit down for 2 months and was #3 in the queue. They are quoting October/November delivery. However all of this is over text and I haven't received any official communication.

I need some advice: Is this common behavior from Porsche dealers? I have been following up for 10 days and he keeps saying his manager is yet to put it in the system but my allocation is guaranteed. Do you think I should pursue other dealers at this point?
Can someone help me understand what I can expect once an allocation is officially finalized? Do I get access to a portal or something? If for the '22 model the build is August, tentatively when would be the freeze date?
The following users liked this post:
UPS DAVE (08-07-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 08:15 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by 2022_992
(Reviving this thread!)
Hi all! So I am a first time Porsche buyer (and new here) and my dealer told me they got me an allocation for a '22 C2. I had my deposit down for 2 months and was #3 in the queue. They are quoting October/November delivery. However all of this is over text and I haven't received any official communication.

I need some advice: Is this common behavior from Porsche dealers? I have been following up for 10 days and he keeps saying his manager is yet to put it in the system but my allocation is guaranteed. Do you think I should pursue other dealers at this point?
Can someone help me understand what I can expect once an allocation is officially finalized? Do I get access to a portal or something? If for the '22 model the build is August, tentatively when would be the freeze date?
If you truly have an allocation there's no excuse for the sales manager taking 10 days to get your order into the system with that allocation. Once the order is in (with allocation) the status of your vehicle will be V200 - Delivery date determined. Tell your SA that you want to see the "Retail Build Sheet" now, which would show the V200 status. Also ask for a printout of the tracking sheet from their PSVM (Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System). If/when your order is submitted with an allocation, they should be able to provide you with a copy like the attached. Within a few days you should then also get an email from Porsche with a link that will activate the Track Your Dream application. Make sure you have an account setup at MyPorsche by now.... they need to match your order to the email address registered in MyPorsche.

Your freeze date will be displayed in TYD. In my experience it has been about 6 weeks before production starts. Note that on the attached, "Vehicle Fixed" is not the change freeze date. The freeze date is a few weeks prior to "vehicle fixed."

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Tracking Sheet.pdf (31.9 KB, 312 views)
Old 05-18-2021, 08:23 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

(Reviving this thread!)

I'm also a first time Porsche buyer. Put deposit on May 3 to be put on waitlist. Got call on May 14 saying allocation for September build - December delivery was available. Went in on May 15 to place larger deposit to confirm allocation. I was issued a V200 and the next day I got an email from Porsche MyConnect showing that my order was created.

lostcolorado (05-26-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 08:55 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

(Reviving this thread!)

I'm guessing you're not local?

I would go to the dealer and sit down with the sales manager and have him put in the order and print you a build sheet. It takes like one minute for them to do this. It is a total non-issue and there is zero reason for them not to do it.

I suspect they have been told by their rep that they are getting an allocation, but it hasn't shown up in their system yet. Once it does, they can configure it. Sometimes it takes a few weeks between the dealer knowing they're getting an allocation to actually being able to configure it. This is totally normal.

All of the above, if true, is easily explainable. The SA may be out of the loop and may not feel like pursuing the reasons why the manager hasn't configured the build. I would go straight to the sales manager and get the real answer.
mdrobc1213 (05-19-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 09:12 PM
2022_992
Instructor

Thanks for all the context. This is really helpful - I am kinda frustrated texting the SA almost everyday for an update and getting the same answer. They said the allocations were granted to them on 05/11 and that's when they confirmed.

I am local and the only reason I went to this dealer is because it's the nearest, nothing else. I found another dealer, a bit far away who also has an allocation available and wondering if I should just go ahead with the other one. I'll try to get hold of the sales manager first I guess.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:39 PM
2022_992
Instructor

Originally Posted by dgtarga
If you truly have an allocation there's no excuse for the sales manager taking 10 days to get your order into the system with that allocation. Once the order is in (with allocation) the status of your vehicle will be V200 - Delivery date determined. Tell your SA that you want to see the "Retail Build Sheet" now, which would show the V200 status. Also ask for a printout of the tracking sheet from their PSVM (Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System). If/when your order is submitted with an allocation, they should be able to provide you with a copy like the attached. Within a few days you should then also get an email from Porsche with a link that will activate the Track Your Dream application. Make sure you have an account setup at MyPorsche by now.... they need to match your order to the email address registered in MyPorsche.

Your freeze date will be displayed in TYD. In my experience it has been about 6 weeks before production starts. Note that on the attached, "Vehicle Fixed" is not the change freeze date. The freeze date is a few weeks prior to "vehicle fixed."

Okay I got an update after asking for the Retail Build Sheet. He has 3 open allocations and none of the orders have been put in the allocation yet. He shared an image of what he's seeing in the system (Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System).

It says the following:
Model: 992110
Model year: 2022
Object: Order demand
Order type: KF Customer Vehicle
Vehicle status: V070 Order demand released for order
Order status: O070 Order created

Last edited by 2022_992; 05-18-2021 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-18-2021, 09:56 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Okay I got an update after asking for the Retail Build Sheet. He has 3 open allocations and none of the orders have been put in the allocation yet. He shared an image of what he's seeing in the system (Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System).

It says the following:

V070 is not an allocation. It's an order demand. An allocation is a configurable, scheduled build slot for an actual car to be built. Typically this is v200 (or sometimes V150 or v100 if there is an issue with the build configuration). The codes can be a bit different for PTS. You need to talk to the sales manager. I don't think this SA knows what he's talking about.
westcoastj (05-19-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 10:37 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 475 Likes on 173 Posts

I had the same thing happen to me with my first order before I understood the process, they don’t have an allocation yet and are keeping you on the hook until they do. I was in this loop for over a month with a dealer, once I switched to an honest dealer who had an actual allocation I had an email from Porsche to track my build within 48 hours. I would look elsewhere if it were me.
westcoastj (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 01:23 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

It says the following:
it makes no sense for them to have you in a V070 status if they actually have 3 available build slots in their allocation. It sounds like they’re lying about having actual allocations and are stringing you along in hopes they’ll actually get one before you press them for the truth. They’re hoping Porsche NA will give them a build to satisfy your order demand. If they could actually provide you an allocation, you’d have a V200 order accepted, commissioned build and build date.

Last edited by ryandarr1979; 05-19-2021 at 01:25 AM.
westcoastj (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 05:11 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
I've been #2 at my dealer waiting for about 2 months now... something tells me higher profile clients are skipping to the front of the line, but maybe these allocations are that rare. I'm in no rush right now because I think the GTS announcement could be close and I'm really curious what a targa GTS will bring... Hopefully with the -10mm suspension which I feel like this car needs.
Glad you are NOT in a rush then...don't expect GTS announcement anytime in next 30-60 days. SA and dealership have heard nothing other than it will likely be delayed and not announced and/or offered till the fall. Porsche is unable to meet current demand for models announced and avail production is going to fill current 992 demand and GT3 is next in line as also is the new Taycan CT which are pulling avail resources to include increasingly scare microchips and such. So yeah I'd have a talk with my dealer....
Originally Posted by 403portside
My dealer gave me a slot. June production for a C4S Manual Coupe. Would this likely be a ‘21?
June would be a 2021 most likely....factory doesn't re-tool for next model year till after the Aug closure in Germany. However this year w/Covid19 issues w/manpower and supply who knows what they will do but normally all models after Aug are for the following model year.
Originally Posted by chong0
With a '22 you roll the dice with CARB clearance... seems like a no Brainer with a '22 but the anxiety of having your car trapped at port undriven and held indefinitely may make you think more about the '21...
I'd take a 2021 now versus a 2022 which may involve a wait and delay...depending on my time table as a buyer. Add in possible CARB issues and you may not receive a car till end of year like what happen to the initial 2021's...mine wasn't delivered till the day prior to Thanksgiving but didn't sit that long at the port...only about a month.
Originally Posted by colegno
I've an allocation for a 2021 C2 with a June delivery date and have been given the option to take a later allocation because of a stop sale on the option for the noise cancelling glass.
Passed on that option and kept the June delivery because I want to be able to drive the car this summer and I'm also concerned about the 2022's getting the particulate filters.
There's also the potential added delay, as we saw last year, because of CARB taking months to let the new model year cars out of the ports which could push delivery out to the 4th quarter of 2021.
Choosing the 2022 model over the 2021 isn't compelling enough given all that. Now if Porsche was to offer the option of a manual transmission, PTV+ or the C2S brakes that would be another story
but since Porsche can't make enough cars to keep up with demand as they're currently configured this gives Porsche little or no incentive to change their recipe.
I expect small changes for the 2022's with perhaps the extra range gas tank included as standard along with a couple of other benny's to offset the price increase.
Don't think you'll see much in the 2022 vs 2021 other than increased pricing and a few different bundled options announced. Nothing to loose sleep over I don't think and no GTS announcement probably until next year in the states at least for delivery.
Originally Posted by dgtarga

IF you have an allocation you will get a V200 code that means your dealer has a car with Porsche slotted to be configured and built. If not as dgtarga says you do not have anything from the dealer that will result in a car being delivered at the end. Set up the MYPORSCHE acount ahead of time in that it will help facilitate quicker info once an allocation is really received as to the status of your car.
Originally Posted by westcoastj
I'm also a first time Porsche buyer. Put deposit on May 3 to be put on waitlist. Got call on May 14 saying allocation for September build - December delivery was available. Went in on May 15 to place larger deposit to confirm allocation. I was issued a V200 and the next day I got an email from Porsche MyConnect showing that my order was created.

Congrats but what is with the 2nd deposit? First should have sufficed but larger deposit once allocation was secured is just weird. I would think as in my previous experience one deposit and amount is due by most dealers with said secured allocation. Definitions of what is an actual allocation seems to vary from dealer to dealer as you can tell from comments on this forum but I don't think I've ever heard of the two stage deposit. Hmm...works I guess for them but seems it ties up more of your $$ as a buyer longer and in increasing amounts.
Originally Posted by rk-d
V070 is not an allocation. It's an order demand. An allocation is a configurable, scheduled build slot for an actual car to be built. Typically this is v200 (or sometimes V150 or v100 if there is an issue with the build configuration). The codes can be a bit different for PTS. You need to talk to the sales manager. I don't think this SA knows what he's talking about.
This is a demand order...as said dealer just put in a request for a car to be built for a customer WITHOUT having an allocation for one on Porsche AG's production line. So yes nothing is scheduled...no firm idea of IF Porsche will honor his request and give them a slot for a car on the line or not. In normal times this seems to happen easily enough as there are other allocations across the US among other dealers to trade amongst themselves but in current times...that is not a given and those other cars to fill these demand orders are just not there! Hope that helps...clarify.
Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
I had the same thing happen to me with my first order before I understood the process, they don’t have an allocation yet and are keeping you on the hook until they do. I was in this loop for over a month with a dealer, once I switched to an honest dealer who had an actual allocation I had an email from Porsche to track my build within 48 hours. I would look elsewhere if it were me.
Yep happens...some dealers will keep you in this loop and/or string for months...I think one guy on the forum says he was waiting for like 6-12 mos for the dealer to give him info on his "allocation." Never happened. Info is power tho so hope folks can learn from these posts and better utilized to get their cars/dreams.
Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
it makes no sense for them to have you in a V070 status if they actually have 3 available build slots in their allocation. It sounds like they’re lying about having actual allocations and are stringing you along in hopes they’ll actually get one before you press them for the truth. They’re hoping Porsche NA will give them a build to satisfy your order demand. If they could actually provide you an allocation, you’d have a V200 order accepted, commissioned build and build date.
Agree with ryandarr1979; they do not have a car yet but whispers of one or multiple ones. Problem is from who and/or where and when? Currently if its not V200 status from Porsche then your chances of getting an allocation and car are just super flexible and unreliable as the dealers at this point don't have any solid info to give you...its all expectations at this point. Next major supply issue or manpower problem or COVID19 wave could trash that an allocations then be shorted or shifted if received at all by those dealerships. Point I advise anyone looking now in 2021 is to be prepared to search multiple dealerships if looking for a car and to know what the system means (V070 vs V200, etc) and when in doubt ask someone. Also be prepared to pay MSRP if you have no relationship with a dealer and if someone has a real allocation and you really are serious to purchase then execute promptly...don't wait. The car you stall over now will be gone tomorrow probably in this selling environment....just saying.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:32 PM
tuffcalc
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213

June would be a 2021 most likely....factory doesn't re-tool for next model year till after the Aug closure in Germany. However this year w/Covid19 issues w/manpower and supply who knows what they will do but normally all models after Aug are for the following model year.
I have a C2S allocation for a July build. It's a 2022 model. I've heard a lot of people say the next year model starts in August, but my order seems to say Porsche starts the next model year before the factory shutdown in August.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:35 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,381 Likes on 1,481 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffcalc
I have a C2S allocation for a July build. It's a 2022 model. I've heard a lot of people say the next year model starts in August, but my order seems to say Porsche starts the next model year before the factory shutdown in August.
Model year changes over mid-July.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:26 PM
2022_992
Instructor

It says the following:
I wanted to provide an update on my situation. I called up the manager today and asked for the V200. It seems he indeed had the allocations reserved for me and he explained how they were really busy allocating Macans and Cayennes. He put in my build sheet and I got the V200 today! It's a September build. I cannot thank you guys enough - I really had no clue what to expect and the info shared here was really helpful.
The following 7 users liked this post by 2022_992:
atl1glf (06-16-2021), becauseitis (05-20-2021), mdrobc1213 (05-20-2021), rk-d (05-20-2021), Russian Mafia (05-20-2021), ryandarr1979 (05-20-2021), Thescout13 (05-20-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-20-2021, 12:22 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

I wanted to provide an update on my situation. I called up the manager today and asked for the V200. It seems he indeed had the allocations reserved for me and he explained how they were really busy allocating Macans and Cayennes. He put in my build sheet and I got the V200 today! It's a September build. I cannot thank you guys enough - I really had no clue what to expect and the info shared here was really helpful.
Congrats!
Old 05-20-2021, 12:50 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

Attaboy! Congrats!

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation Dates