Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation Dates

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 08:54 AM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewTJ50
I’m a bit surprised folks are hearing about 2022s being delivered in early Q3. I have a 2021 C2S allocation about to lock, and the delivery date has already slipped from June 10 to July 4.
I as well. I am not familair with the extnet of the "August" shutdown but when considering many US auto manufactures use similar described periods to retool their lines when a change between generations occurs, it surprises me Porsche would produce 2022's prior to this date, shut down and not use the period as a natural cutoff between MY's.
I understand any changes to the 2022 model are likely to be modest (ex. an interior fitment issue, software upgrades or options being swapped around) but from a pure efficiency purpose, any production line shutdown period would the logical point to make the changes.
We are currently shopping for a replacement Macan GTS and Im intrigued by the spyshot out there of the purported revised center console so Ive been thinking of waiting to see if that in fact is a 2022 enhancement as the car nears its end run. I am also ordering a C4 which is a fairly rare allocation. I do not want the car until Q2 2022 but have a deposit with my dealer to demonstrate intent. I happen to stop in on Thursday as I really like my service advisor and enjoy catching up with him (actually find any of their sales folks to be useless).
He is as plugged in as anyone there and told me that in fact, that morning they were given a handful of prior August build allocations as Porsche does a global reconciliation of its unit commitment, supply chain forecasting and dealer needs prior to MY changeovers. Only 3 992's were advised (no C4's just for my own education on scarcity) but again, they were told these are it for them for the 21 MY year....Anything additional coming down would be 2022's and not to expect them delivered until late Q3 or early Q4.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:24 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
He is as plugged in as anyone there and told me that in fact, that morning they were given a handful of prior August build allocations as Porsche does a global reconciliation of its unit commitment, supply chain forecasting and dealer needs prior to MY changeovers. Only 3 992's were advised (no C4's just for my own education on scarcity) but again, they were told these are it for them for the 21 MY year....Anything additional coming down would be 2022's and not to expect them delivered until late Q3 or early Q4.
Nothing about this MY transition makes much sense. This should be more clear once the allocations formally hit the dealers. My source is very solid, via PCNA/PAG, that the July car (TTS) is a '22. We'll see - everyone has solid sources, but all that really matters is what's on the commission/build sheet. I agree it seems odd to roll out two MYs on the same line, but who knows. Frankly, I don't really care if it's a '21 or '22.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:39 AM
TJ74
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I heard they drop March 30th to the dealer. Every dealer could be different though.
As Michael Cuomo said that their allocations weren’t in the system, this is the case with my dealer also. This will be my first Porsche so I am new to how Porsche does it’s allocations. What I am gathering is that it seems that the dealers are notified that they will be getting X allocations when the next round comes out and that there is some time between notification and when the allocations are in the system and an order can be placed? I assume that my dealer just called to update me that he will be getting an allocation when the next ones are issued and it is mine. That date might be March 30th, he just said that all of the details weren’t finalized? I guess I will find out in the coming days and/or weeks?
Old 03-07-2021, 10:48 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TJ74
As Michael Cuomo said that their allocations weren’t in the system, this is the case with my dealer also. This will be my first Porsche so I am new to how Porsche does it’s allocations. What I am gathering is that it seems that the dealers are notified that they will be getting X allocations when the next round comes out and that there is some time between notification and when the allocations are in the system and an order can be placed? I assume that my dealer just called to update me that he will be getting an allocation when the next ones are issued and it is mine. That date might be March 30th, he just said that all of the details weren’t finalized? I guess I will find out in the coming days and/or weeks?
Yeah, my dealer was notified of their upcoming allocations from PCNA/PAG but they don't have access to those allocations until the end of the month. They are not configurable until that time, but it's apparently 100% that they'll be getting them.

So if the dealer told you Porsche said he's getting allocations, he's not lying. This is my situation as well and I feel very confident that the cars are coming. It's just a matter of waiting until it shows up in the dealer's inventory. March 30th is what I was told, but that may be dealer dependent for all I know.

It's a very byzantine system.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:28 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Yeah, my dealer was notified of their upcoming allocations from PCNA/PAG but they don't have access to those allocations until the end of the month. They are not configurable until that time, but it's apparently 100% that they'll be getting them.

So if the dealer told you Porsche said he's getting allocations, he's not lying. This is my situation as well and I feel very confident that the cars are coming. It's just a matter of waiting until it shows up in the dealer's inventory. March 30th is what I was told, but that may be dealer dependent for all I know.

It's a very byzantine system.
My dealer also said allocations were coming at the end of the month, but he didn’t seem to have any visibility. He promised me a Targa allocation if he gets one. If it’s not built until the fall/winter, I’m good with that.

Last edited by Dan Nagy; 03-07-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:44 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
My dealer also said allocations were conning at the end of the month, but he didn’t seem to have any visibility. He promised me a Targa allocation if he gets one. If it’s not built until the fall/winter, I’m good with that.
I remember all your posts waiting for your 2020 and now you are on to the next already...haha...honestly I only have a couple hundred miles on my C2S cab and I'm pretty sure I'm going to put up for sale this summer after driving for a bit in warm weather...but I probably won't replace with anything...cars just don't excite me anymore.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:03 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by gohawks23
I remember all your posts waiting for your 2020 and now you are on to the next already...haha...honestly I only have a couple hundred miles on my C2S cab and I'm pretty sure I'm going to put up for sale this summer after driving for a bit in warm weather...but I probably won't replace with anything...cars just don't excite me anymore.
I know. It’s a bit effed up. I love my C2S, and after Soul Performance is done with it, I might change my mind. But ...

1. I always wanted a targa and my SA always talked me out of it. He’s history now.
2. I was also talked out of a bright color. I was advised that I need an “executive” color. I now call “bs” and will do something bright on it. I think a targa can handle it.
3. I’ve always had top down sports cars. When I reduced the fleet, those went away. I think a targa bridges the gap between a vert and coupe - a two-in-one.
4. To your point, I think it might give me that feeling of wanting to get in it and go, excitement.

I might also keep the C2S and do an older sports car, but trying to keep from doing the car collection creep. Dunno. We’ll see what happens. It’s a fluid situation.
The following users liked this post:
gohawks23 (03-07-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 01:12 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

I know. It’s a bit effed up. I love my C2S, and after Soul Performance is done with it, I might change my mind. But ...

1. I always wanted a targa and my SA always talked me out of it. He’s history now.
2. I was also talked out of a bright color. I was advised that I need an “executive” color. I now call “bs” and will do something bright on it. I think a targa can handle it.
3. I’ve always had top down sports cars. When I reduced the fleet, those went away. I think a targa bridges the gap between a vert and coupe - a two-in-one.
4. To your point, I think it might give me that feeling of wanting to get in it and go, excitement.

I might also keep the C2S and do an older sports car, but trying to keep from doing the car collection creep. Dunno. We’ll see what happens. It’s a fluid situation.
I like my car too but most of the time it just sits there and living in the city I don't every really need to drive it...so it sits even more...it sounds like the Targa may do it for you pulse wise tho!
Old 03-07-2021, 03:58 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

What color?
Old 03-08-2021, 04:00 PM
RedTide
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Confirmed the allocation I'm waiting on for a C4S will be MY2022. Based on this post means I'll be waiting longer for allocation but such is life.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:11 AM
rumnyc
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 73 Posts

Is it that hard to get an allocation? when i ordered mine the dealer in aug 2020 said he had one c2 and one c2s allocation the rest of 2020 and i took it (oct 2020) and got my car in dec. i thought he was just using normal dealer bs pressure to locking a sale but i guess 992 allocations are really dry. surprised as they are quite expensive and most people go for 718.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:16 AM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by rumnyc
Is it that hard to get an allocation? when i ordered mine the dealer in aug 2020 said he had one c2 and one c2s allocation the rest of 2020 and i took it (oct 2020) and got my car in dec. i thought he was just using normal dealer bs pressure to locking a sale but i guess 992 allocations are really dry. surprised as they are quite expensive and most people go for 718.
I thought Porsche sells many more 911s than 718? 718s haven’t been selling well at all. Hopefully the GTS can change that.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:25 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Master Deep
I thought Porsche sells many more 911s than 718? 718s haven’t been selling well at all. Hopefully the GTS can change that.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/2...020-23328.html
Old 03-09-2021, 01:10 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 707 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by rumnyc
Yes, it is very hard. I had a Premier dealer take my $5k deposit for a C2S back in October 2020, thinking they would get an allocation in a month or two. I was first on the list. It never came. I believe them to be honest and they really tried, to the extent that when I told them last week another dealer out of state had a C2S allocation, they said I should take it if I want a car in the foreseeable future. And I’m paying MSRP, which I normally never do. But I don’t trust what will happen with the 2022 model year and don’t want to lose the manual transmission option. Covid changes everything.
mdrobc1213 (03-10-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 01:36 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

If MY2021 is any indication, July was the cutover date between model years. Also, expect a few months delay on MY22 as it will need EPA and for some states, CARB certification. Once my car was in Houston at the port, it took another 3 months to get the car to the dealer. Hopefully this won't be the case with MY22 but don't be surprised.
mdrobc1213 (03-10-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation Dates