2022 Allocation Dates

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 06:11 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by achilles75
Hello, I'm a first time 911C4 buyer and I really appreciate all the information everyone posts here. I really wish I had found the forums before I went to a dealership as I would have been more prepared and known what to ask more specifically. My question is that as a first time buyer I feel very much like I'm being strung along and don't know if I have a real allocation (I have a V070 and the first stage "your order is created" on the MyPorsche app). So I have no idea if and when I'll get a real allocation and build date and delivery. The SA has thrown out possible dates but said it could be later, so it could be a year or two the way he talks. Yet I fear that if I'm too forceful in asking for detailed status from my SA and dealer they'll just drop my name down the list for the annoyance. They've made it abundantly clear that demand is through the roof so I can take it or leave it. Does Porsche monitor the queue and prevent their customers from being played with like this or is it just up to dealers to do whatever they please and the parent company doesn't care? For all I know they're moving other people ahead and that's why I don't seem to move up to the next phase. My SA seems like a nice guy, but I have no way of knowing if he's honest or just using me as a backup if allocations are given up. It's getting to the point that it's souring my experience of buying my dream car that I've been waiting for 20 years to buy like the kid in the old advertisements. Any advice?
Need to be in V200 status to show your allocation and commission date together. That is what means your order is synched with Porsche AG AND they plan to build your car as ordered. Otherwise a lot of times dealers will take orders for ask of an allocation/build from Porsche AG or wait till they get an allocation distributed from Porsche AG and then apply their waiting customer orders to them in any manner they see fit. That is where you see folks jumping in line and dealers possibly placing folks ahead of others for ADMs and such.
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
earldorsey (06-28-2021), M3Inline6 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 01:35 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for posting this info. I have learned a lot, but still have a couple questions.

Just sold my Boxster and looking for a 911 Cabriolet, MY22. I see lots of post about allocations for c2 and c4, which I think is carerra 2's and carerra 4's. But, curious if a Carerra 2 Cabriolet falls under C2 or if it is another designation?

Also, curious about the best way to find an allocation. Should I just call every Porsche dealer in a 200 mile radius and ask? I have read some stories of people being promised an allocation (and making a deposit) when one didn't really exist. How do you know if they really have an allocation? Is there something I can ask to make sure?

Lastly, if I do find a dealer with an allocation, should I contact my local dealer and have him try to trade for it? This also raises the question, can he do a better job of calling around to find an allocation than I can?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thom
Old 06-29-2021, 02:36 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,822 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by thomd
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for posting this info. I have learned a lot, but still have a couple questions.

Just sold my Boxster and looking for a 911 Cabriolet, MY22. I see lots of post about allocations for c2 and c4, which I think is carerra 2's and carerra 4's. But, curious if a Carerra 2 Cabriolet falls under C2 or if it is another designation?

Also, curious about the best way to find an allocation. Should I just call every Porsche dealer in a 200 mile radius and ask? I have read some stories of people being promised an allocation (and making a deposit) when one didn't really exist. How do you know if they really have an allocation? Is there something I can ask to make sure?

Lastly, if I do find a dealer with an allocation, should I contact my local dealer and have him try to trade for it? This also raises the question, can he do a better job of calling around to find an allocation than I can?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thom
I would recommend starting with the dealership where you acquired your Boxster. From there, email the dealerships in your region and begin inquiring. I’m not sure the Porsche world does allocation trades right now, especially in this market. There’s really not much incentive to do so.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:44 PM
RedTide
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

In replay to this:
For what it's worth, I've been waiting on an allocation since Jan. I didn't really ask around, since I was told I was first on the list for a C4S. I'm starting to think that was a mistake, and I probably should have spent more time calling around to every dealer in a 500 mile radius... I thought I'd be saying time *shrug*. But seeing a lot of other people getting confirmed allocations for MY22's, I'm kind of at a loss why my dealer is so behind.
My advice would be to call around with a radius you're comfortable with traveling to pick up the car and get a confirmed allocation. Or do one of the experience center pick ups then it does't really matter so much the dealer you buy from other than registration and taxes.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:46 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTide
In replay to this:
For what it's worth, I've been waiting on an allocation since Jan. I didn't really ask around, since I was told I was first on the list for a C4S. I'm starting to think that was a mistake, and I probably should have spent more time calling around to every dealer in a 500 mile radius... I thought I'd be saying time *shrug*. But seeing a lot of other people getting confirmed allocations for MY22's, I'm kind of at a loss why my dealer is so behind.
My advice would be to call around with a radius you're comfortable with traveling to pick up the car and get a confirmed allocation. Or do one of the experience center pick ups then it does't really matter so much the dealer you buy from other than registration and taxes.
Wait. If I do a pickup in Atlanta, I don't have to wait for an allocation! Guess I have to pay full MSRP then too though.
Old 06-29-2021, 06:48 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,822 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by thomd
Wait. If I do a pickup in Atlanta, I don't have to wait for an allocation! Guess I have to pay full MSRP then too though.
Yes I believe you still need an allocation. Porsche has to commission to build your car.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:55 PM
CL21
8th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Targa GTS

Just got got put on a waitlist for a targa GTS @ a Chicagoland dealership. Apparently I am second on the list. lets see when an allocation becomes available.... The sales team was not very helpful. I am not sure they are going to really follow the list. I called around to some smaller dealers for a Targa GTS or Targa 4s, most say 6-12 months. Anyone hear anything else?
Old 06-29-2021, 07:56 PM
CL21
8th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

when did you place an order for the car? I am getting estimates for a 6-12 month wait time for a targa 4s
Old 06-30-2021, 11:50 AM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 920 Likes on 485 Posts

Does anyone have a 2022 car coming before September?
Old 06-30-2021, 01:31 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

If it helps, I contacted every dealer around me, 5 states total. Only was able to obtain 2 allocations. 1 I passed on since the dealer was not very nice, let's just say smug and I was basically bothering them to secure a 150k+ allocation. I thought their terms were also less than ideal. Keep at it, you will eventually find a allocation, just be prepared for msrp and a long wait.
The following users liked this post:
thomd (07-01-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 02:50 PM
MG997
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
Does anyone have a 2022 car coming before September?
I have a July build but with the august shutdown, delivery is October
Old 06-30-2021, 02:51 PM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 268 Posts

I'm happy to report that I managed to get a fall PTS allocation for a '22 C4S.

It freezes 9/20 for a build completion on 11/05 and delivery to my dealership (allegedly) on 12/10.

I wish it were earlier, but this was a August/September build allocation that was shifted back to fit into a PTS slot for me.

We will see how those dates hold up!
Old 06-30-2021, 05:16 PM
PorscheRocket
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I am waiting on an allocation for a C2S, placed the deposit about 2 months ago and was told I'm #1 on the waiting list. When the GTS was announced, I placed a deposit for that one as well since my dealer said basically you can just cancel one of them as we get closer and more details on a timeline. Does this sound like a good idea?
Old 07-01-2021, 01:48 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by brianja
I'm happy to report that I managed to get a fall PTS allocation for a '22 C4S.

It freezes 9/20 for a build completion on 11/05 and delivery to my dealership (allegedly) on 12/10.

I wish it were earlier, but this was a August/September build allocation that was shifted back to fit into a PTS slot for me.

We will see how those dates hold up!
Double check on your lock dates. My build froze in early May for a late November PTS delivery. Porsche locks PTS earlier than the conventional timeline suggests. My supposed lock date was in September. Once Porsche locks in the PTS color, it locks the build completely.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:21 AM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Double check on your lock dates. My build froze in early May for a late November PTS delivery. Porsche locks PTS earlier than the conventional timeline suggests. My supposed lock date was in September. Once Porsche locks in the PTS color, it locks the build completely.
Interesting. I had to have my PTS selection in for approval last Monday, 6/21/21 and I quadruple checked that I would still be able to change anything else on the order up until the September freeze date, aside from the color. My salesperson was very clear that he was told this was the case by the Northeast Porsche Exclusive factory rep that we'd been in touch with about my order for samples, etc..

That said, my final configuration is ready for submission today and I'd be fine with it locking now... 2.5 months earlier than my official freeze date. It's just not what was in on 6/21.

Now you have me wanting to double-check!

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation Dates