Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation Dates

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 12:04 PM
jhedly
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheClouds
To encourage my fellow future brethren, definitely take the advice and don’t just wait on one dealer. I was on the single dealer/sit and wait boat initially - figured I’d play it straight and let the largest Porsche dealer in my area to get me my very first 911. A re-hash of my story above:
  • I put in an order demand to this large Dealer1 on 7/15.
  • I got impatient two weeks following my 7/15 order demand going silent, and decided to reach out to a much smaller local Dealer2 for the hell of it.
  • I was able to secure and order a custom MY22 C4S that same day with Dealer2. (TYD says 12/3 delivery)
  • Since Dealer1 has ghosted me since my initial order demand (over 1 month now), I did not give them the courtesy of cancelling the order with them. Going to see if I end up taking delivery of my order with Dealer2 before/if Dealer1 follows back up with me.

Best of luck to everyone trying — the allocations may be out there for you if you actively shop around.

You are smarter than I "In the clouds". I am also in MA and have been waiting for my C2S allocation. reached out to many dealers with no luck. I would love to know details of who you worked with. PM me if possible. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-10-2021, 12:56 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=Go Bruins;17541354]
Originally Posted by laurenxesq
Hi there. My freeze date is a few days later than your's, and my delivery date is 10/29. Perhaps both our cars will be on the same vessel (I am also in Socal, thus a Trojan).
Cheers.
QUOTE]

My shipping date just got adjusted today. Delivery is now showing 10/17. I've asked my S.A. to run an internal check to see what he sees. I agree our rides will be on the same boat!

Wanted to circle back to see if your shipping date remained the same; 10/17. Mine is currently in transit to Emden Port, with arriving at dealer on 11/5.
Cheers!
Old 09-10-2021, 05:25 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 256 Posts

[QUOTE=laurenxesq;17659624]
Originally Posted by Go Bruins

Wanted to circle back to see if your shipping date remained the same; 10/17. Mine is currently in transit to Emden Port, with arriving at dealer on 11/5.
Cheers!
Hi there! My Targa 4 left the factory on 8/27. It had a due date for arrival in Emden on 8/27. However, neither TYD nor my dealer can confirm where it is. TYD still shows arrival in Emden on 8/27; so does my dealer's internal tracker. All that being said, my salesperson is not worried. He says this happens all the time, where cars are in "limbo" and then they pop up where and when they are supposed to. He has the car getting on the boat on 9/24, and will arrive at PEC-LA a month later.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:32 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=Go Bruins;17660185]

Hi there! My Targa 4 left the factory on 8/27. It had a due date for arrival in Emden on 8/27. However, neither TYD nor my dealer can confirm where it is. TYD still shows arrival in Emden on 8/27; so does my dealer's internal tracker. All that being said, my salesperson is not worried. He says this happens all the time, where cars are in "limbo" and then they pop up where and when they are supposed to. He has the car getting on the boat on 9/24, and will arrive at PEC-LA a month later.
Hi hi! I hope my 992 can hop on the same boat as your's. My 992 is currently waiting at Emden(since 9/10, with board vessel date of 10/8/2021).

Last edited by laurenxesq; 09-14-2021 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:49 PM
breny4104
Burning Brakes

Received 509 Likes on 312 Posts

[QUOTE=Go Bruins;17660185]

It must be in a state of Quantum Superposition. That happens with 911s.
The following users liked this post:
laurenxesq (09-11-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 01:01 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
agreed. Made my first 2 out of state calls today. Likely Atlanta PEC delivery so sourcing dealer is really moot point. My local is small and I put $1K back in April. I provided them a build code and they pushed it up as an order demand (which I know just shows some soft intent). I want a C4orS. Apparently they got 3 Aug allocations: 2 turbo S and a Cab plus 1 gift Cab.

Now it’s wait till our Oct allocation and “hopefully” yours pops….but that’s just not something I need to do so I’ve started to call around and provide a modest deposit for intent.

We’re waiting on a Land Rover product and just got notice that build was delayed 30 days and car will likely not come with Headsup display due to supplier chip issue for that component….I may cancel order and just wait till new Ver5 RR makes its debut later this year and just get in line for a new one!!
Lots of cars are coming missing a part or function or two now a days. Just got my wife a new BMW X3e hybrid and am glad that it came with TWO keys and all the remote functions and BMW app stuff seems to communicate with the car and work. My dealer is delivery some p-cars with 1 key now and missing TPMS and stuff like steering adjustment modules....they have one to install to adjust to customers then remove it for the next car with a retrofit order for when supplies become normalized again! Just crazy! Also remembrer availability also depends on what you are seeking too...GTS, Turbo S and Targa's seem to be the HARDEST to find and get now.
Originally Posted by InTheClouds
To encourage my fellow future brethren, definitely take the advice and don’t just wait on one dealer. I was on the single dealer/sit and wait boat initially - figured I’d play it straight and let the largest Porsche dealer in my area to get me my very first 911. A re-hash of my story above:
  • I put in an order demand to this large Dealer1 on 7/15.
  • I got impatient two weeks following my 7/15 order demand going silent, and decided to reach out to a much smaller local Dealer2 for the hell of it.
  • I was able to secure and order a custom MY22 C4S that same day with Dealer2. (TYD says 12/3 delivery)
  • Since Dealer1 has ghosted me since my initial order demand (over 1 month now), I did not give them the courtesy of cancelling the order with them. Going to see if I end up taking delivery of my order with Dealer2 before/if Dealer1 follows back up with me.
Best of luck to everyone trying — the allocations may be out there for you if you actively shop around.
Yes,..congrats. My bet is you get your 2nd dealer ordered car before you even get a whiff of a car from the larger dealer. If they haven't contacted you yet..that means they still don't have an allocation to give you despite the demand order from Porsche or you're still too far down on their list of other 992 buyers likely. So you'll likely get the 2nd order first IMHO.
Originally Posted by jhedly
You are smarter than I "In the clouds". I am also in MA and have been waiting for my C2S allocation. reached out to many dealers with no luck. I would love to know details of who you worked with. PM me if possible. Thanks in advance!
Call some more dealers....won't do it with 1-2 or even 1/2 dozen looks./calls and you need to be ready and willing to go far outside your area is what I;ve seen work/have the best success from those who've posted. Look at Siberian who got his by calling 1st a dealer in Las Vegas and then one in Connecticut where he eventually scored his 992S. Playing it close to home or even within the state [depending on the size of your state] just doesn't work...times...production and allocations are just too tight.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:06 PM
mbisaac
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone have updates on additional allocations for MY22? I thought I read some might be released this month. Waiting 6+ months.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:16 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by mbisaac
Anyone have updates on additional allocations for MY22? I thought I read some might be released this month. Waiting 6+ months.
Per my dealership, allocations will be released this month.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:30 AM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by radmri
Other than the High gloss black aerokit and Satin Black Spyder Wheels (which are new for 2022MY), I cant really think of anything out of the ordinary.

Still showing 9/3/2021 completion date and likely to stay as is for the rest of the month given August break. Bummer

My friend had a Turbo S that was delayed because of the Aero kit. He cancelled and has decided to wait for the GT3RS.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:35 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by mbisaac
My two local dealers in Ohio received allocations yesterday.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:52 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 683 Posts

My dealer says, “Any day now.” But I don’t know if that’s his hope or based on actual information. He also said that he never knows how many allocations or even which cars the allocations will be for until he “opens it.”
The following users liked this post:
tomingrassia (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 11:02 AM
tomingrassia
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
My dealer says, “Any day now.” But I don’t know if that’s his hope or based on actual information. He also said that he never knows how many allocations or even which cars the allocations will be for until he “opens it.”
First world problem, I know but...I have a Targa4s demand order for 5 months. I want to give the dealer $164,000, but I cant until who knows when. Hoping for an allocation sometime. Second in line.

Hopefully the stock market will keep it's positive run and the Targa will be indirectly less expensive. Of course if there is a crash, then it is indirectly more expensive.

Old 11-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by tomingrassia
First world problem, I know but...I have a Targa4s demand order for 5 months. I want to give the dealer $164,000, but I cant until who knows when. Hoping for an allocation sometime. Second in line.

Hopefully the stock market will keep it's positive run and the Targa will be indirectly less expensive. Of course if there is a crash, then it is indirectly more expensive.

Exactly! I’m number 1 in line for a GTS. I actually gave my deposit more than 3.5 years ago! Waited 2.5 years to get my Spyder after placing my deposit. My dealer takes deposits when a car is still just an idea.

Yeah, the stock market is nuts. The longer I wait, the more money I have. But my wife says that the higher it goes, the further it can fall….

Last edited by Denny Swift; 11-02-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:22 PM
Gohoos
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I think all dealers received allocations yesterday....
Old 11-02-2021, 03:34 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

[QUOTE=breny4104;17661499]
Originally Posted by Go Bruins

It must be in a state of Quantum Superposition. That happens with 911s.
I would describe the phenomena, that many are experiencing, more like quantum entanglement. 🥸

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation Dates