Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation Dates

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2021 | 04:39 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I’m new to the process, but that doesn’t make sense.

How could there be another allocation drop end of this year with May delivery, when my allocation last week is 3/10/22 freeze with 6/3/22 delivery?
Welcome to the Porsche universe.
Old 11-08-2021 | 04:43 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Welcome to the Porsche universe.
I’ll agree to that.
Old 11-08-2021 | 07:14 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I’m new to the process, but that doesn’t make sense.

How could there be another allocation drop end of this year with May delivery, when my allocation last week is 3/10/22 freeze with 6/3/22 delivery?
It’s just the dealer tossing out speculative dates. A Dec allocation won’t be here in May 2022.
Old 11-09-2021 | 02:54 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
It’s just the dealer tossing out speculative dates. A Dec allocation won’t be here in May 2022.
Its possible I misunderstood his timeline but I believe he mentioned something about the type of allocation can determine where it slots. As in a certain number of C2s are pumped off the line everyday while more selective configurations are slotted in between thus creating a bit more overall production scarcity in those models. Again probably a bit of conjecture, like most everything here....
Old 11-09-2021 | 04:23 PM
RedTide
Advanced

I've mentioned this before, and I feel like a broken record at this point, but I've been waiting on a C4S allocation since Feb 1st of this year. Dealer called me around mid October and mentioned that he might have good news around November, but I've not heard anything as of late. I ticked a lot of options on my build, and now I'm begging to wonder if that has something to do with it... I guess time will tell.
Old 11-09-2021 | 04:31 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RedTide
I've mentioned this before, and I feel like a broken record at this point, but I've been waiting on a C4S allocation since Feb 1st of this year. Dealer called me around mid October and mentioned that he might have good news around November, but I've not heard anything as of late. I ticked a lot of options on my build, and now I'm begging to wonder if that has something to do with it... I guess time will tell.
Has nothing to do with your build, as the allocation is for type of 911 (Targa, C4S, CS, Base, etc.). You can check every option on your build list, wouldn't matter.

I am moving from a 992 C4S that I got early in 2020, to a Targa 4S - my dealer (not close to where I live, but have bought a few from) took my deposit and build in July, had my allocation in less than 30 days at MSRP. My build just completed and should be here by end of year.

I think your problem is your dealer. Either no allocations (which that long is unusual) or others are jumping you based on buying history with that dealer, or maybe paying or willing to pay an ADM (Markup). I would be shopping dealers if it were me, while I did not expect to get an allocation for a Targa 4S that quickly, I certainly did not expect to wait a year for an allocation either. My dealer told me somewhere around 3 months to get an allocation, and over delivered - by getting one to me within 30 days.

I would be shopping around, unless you are waiting for a GTS or GT3 allocation - that does change the narrative.
The following users liked this post:
icanthelpit (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021 | 04:50 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Has nothing to do with your build, as the allocation is for type of 911 (Targa, C4S, CS, Base, etc.). You can check every option on your build list, wouldn't matter.

I am moving from a 992 C4S that I got early in 2020, to a Targa 4S - my dealer (not close to where I live, but have bought a few from) took my deposit and build in July, had my allocation in less than 30 days at MSRP. My build just completed and should be here by end of year.

I think your problem is your dealer. Either no allocations (which that long is unusual) or others are jumping you based on buying history with that dealer, or maybe paying or willing to pay an ADM (Markup). I would be shopping dealers if it were me, while I did not expect to get an allocation for a Targa 4S that quickly, I certainly did not expect to wait a year for an allocation either. My dealer told me somewhere around 3 months to get an allocation, and over delivered - by getting one to me within 30 days.

I would be shopping around, unless you are waiting for a GTS or GT3 allocation - that does change the narrative.
^
This

Not exactly the same situation, but in late June 2020 I ordered and gave my SA a small deposit for a heavily loaded 992 2S. I negotiated a 6% discount and was feeling pretty good. My SA expected delivery of my car by Sept/Oct timeframe. Well, Oct came and went, and no word. Still waiting on my allocation. Nov came and went. Same thing. Finally, right before Christmas I went in person to my dealership and sat down with my SA and the GM of the dealership….and basically said this waiting/guessing game was a load of BS and either I get an allotment, or I wanted my deposit back. This was Dec 2020. I never did find out what the deal was, but by mid-January, I got my allotment and was locked by early feb, with an April delivery date…so, I waited almost a year befor my ship finally came in. What an ordeal. I’m surprise porsche gets any repeat business if most of their clients are treated like this?

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-09-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2021 | 04:57 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
Its possible I misunderstood his timeline but I believe he mentioned something about the type of allocation can determine where it slots. As in a certain number of C2s are pumped off the line everyday while more selective configurations are slotted in between thus creating a bit more overall production scarcity in those models. Again probably a bit of conjecture, like most everything here....
On average, your lock date will be 3-5 months from your allocation date. From there, it’s give or take 1 month before your car starts production. Production takes 7-10 days, and then it takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks before your car hits the port. Your car could be lucky and get on a ship quickly or it could take a couple of weeks. From the port your car will be in transit for about a month. You’ll then have the port PDI process to complete before the car is sent to your dealership. Expect everything to take 7-8 months on average. Some here have been waiting longer than that. Your location will factor into the timeline, so it could be a little shorter. I swapped my May allocation for a July allocation. My lock date is in 8 days. I’m scheduled for delivery sometime in Feb (…assuming no port hiccups).

Last edited by M3Inline6; 11-09-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2021 | 05:24 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
On average, your lock date will be 3-5 months from your allocation date.
The rest of the timeline sounds about right based on my experience, but not the above. Many here received their allocations within the last couple weeks with lock dates in Dec or Jan, including a GTS4/GTS Cab allocations I had access to as well as a Macan S I ordered.
icanthelpit (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021 | 06:38 PM
Lander911
Rennlist Member

According to TYD, my GTS order was accepted on 11/2, my lock date is 12/3, start of production on 1/7, and ready for pick up on 3/11.
icanthelpit (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021 | 06:43 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Lander911
According to TYD, my GTS order was accepted on 11/2, my lock date is 12/3, start of production on 1/7, and ready for pick up on 3/11.

Just curious…since have not ready anything about shipping delays….anybody in California have their car delayed because they had to wait for the transport ship to get docked and unloaded?
Old 11-09-2021 | 06:47 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lander911
In my past orders, every one has been ahead of schedule. If you are contemplating any changes to the build, don’t assume you can make changes on 12/2.
My 2017 PTS Targa 4S was Viper Green. In November I got a little unsure about the color and contacted my advisor at PCNA. I asked about changing the color and she said “Oh no, we already ordered the paint.” I got the car the end of July the next year.
They are sticklers about deadlines.
Old 11-09-2021 | 06:48 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Just curious…since have not ready anything about shipping delays….anybody in California have their car delayed because they had to wait for the transport ship to get docked and unloaded?
The ships go to San Diego and Benicia (NorCal). The severely impacted port is Long Beach/Los Angeles. But that's mainly container ships. There are some vehicle transports that unload there, but it's in a different location. So, from the shipping end of things, it's clear sailing. Now, getting the car built and shipped is another story. Also, whether there are less frequent ships leaving Emden, I have no idea.
Old 11-09-2021 | 07:01 PM
Lander911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keadog
In my past orders, every one has been ahead of schedule. If you are contemplating any changes to the build, don’t assume you can make changes on 12/2.
My 2017 PTS Targa 4S was Viper Green. In November I got a little unsure about the color and contacted my advisor at PCNA. I asked about changing the color and she said “Oh no, we already ordered the paint.” I got the car the end of July the next year.
They are sticklers about deadlines.
Thanks, that's good advice. My previous orders have been slightly early, but nothing like your experience. I was already planning on stopping by the dealer before the lock date, maybe I'll move it up a bit...
Old 11-09-2021 | 07:05 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

If it’s past the lock date, a change ain’t happening even if you’re Shaq!!!

Last edited by icanthelpit; 11-10-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation Dates