Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023 | 09:52 PM
Porsch
Banned

Originally Posted by gargey
I was on lists for base and s. I reluctantly jumped on (oxymoron?) a T allocation. Over time I’ve become more excited about all of the performance attributes a T has that I would not have optioned in a base or an S.
Sometimes the universe steers you in the right direction! Congrats
Old 04-11-2023 | 09:52 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colt_45
You may be inadvertently proving the point. You think the ethos is ridiculous. And now you have a GTS allocation and you’re ready to jump. That makes sense for someone who doesn’t care about the ethos because the GTS is a better fit for you.
Sure. Maybe I'm going from one ethos to another. lol. SMH (again).
Old 04-11-2023 | 09:54 PM
stiff///M
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsch
I have no dog in the fight, and I couldn’t possibly care less what people option on their cars, but I think this is actually an exceptionally easy question to answer. Here are a few that come immediately to mind:

— sunroof
— burmester
​​​​​—18-way seats
— Spyder wheel
etc

These are all options that add weight and/or comfort that T ethos people would likely not select. Again I don’t care, but just saying.
If Porsche marketing was really good they would come out with a "lightweight upgraded stereo" that used superior acoustic speakers with lightweight technology amps and we'd all buy it
The following 2 users liked this post by stiff///M:
HerrDr (04-12-2023), tourenwagen (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 09:55 PM
Porsch
Banned

Originally Posted by Ikone
I feel like this thread is going in circles. I guess it has to when it's at close to 10K posts. I mentioned the stupidity of the T ethos early on and almost got banned from the thread (kidding of course). But seriously, it's a bit ridiculous. Compare it to the original T or if you are that worried about T ethos, I would suggest not worrying about deviated stitching on your extended leather package. SMH.
Anyway....Burmester is another one of those things coming back up in this thread. My opinion on a good sound system is that if you like good audio, then get it. I would not want anyone tearing my panels apart after the fact only to save a couple of grand.
Lastly, I just got a GTS allocation for ED. Not sure I'll take it but when I do a side-by-side comparison with the same options it's only 16K more than the T. I'm leaning on going for it.
Some people are into T ethos, some aren’t. It’s okay either way. What I really don’t get is why some people get worked up over it. Who cares if there are some people who view the T differently?
Old 04-11-2023 | 09:58 PM
Porsch
Banned

Originally Posted by stiff///M
If Porsche marketing was really good they would come out with a "lightweight upgraded stereo" that used superior acoustic speakers with lightweight technology amps and we'd all buy it
I would prefer the stereo delete option were still available.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porsch:
Cartod (04-11-2023), sfnyc (04-12-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 09:58 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

@Porsch Not worked up about it by any means. What I find interesting is how people want to bash others by optioning 18ways and Burmester, etc. I don't think a 911 (coupe) should have a sunroof, but I've never told anyone they shouldn't option it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ikone:
Porsch (04-11-2023), stiff///M (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:00 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsch
I would prefer the stereo delete option were still available.
I may be wrong but don't think it was an option in the US. Probably due to the rear camera being a requirement.
The following users liked this post:
anythingbuttime (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:01 PM
stiff///M
Racer

@Porsch Not worked up about it by any means. What I find interesting is how people want to bash others by optioning 18ways and Burmester, etc. I don't think a 911 (coupe) should have a sunroof, but I've never told anyone they shouldn't option it.
Agreed. There are so many builds that I don't agree with but could care less. I go with the whole you do you thing. If you're upset about some not keeping the ethos, just realize how much rarer yours will be then in the ethos resale market.
The following 2 users liked this post by stiff///M:
Ikone (04-11-2023), Porsch (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:02 PM
Porsch
Banned

I may be wrong but don't think it was an option in the US. Probably due to the rear camera being a requirement.
Has not been an option for several years now because of combo of laws and how PCM works.
Ikone (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:07 PM
CengueFever
Advanced

Originally Posted by ECNJ
Cool. We should hang out at a car meet later when we both have our Ts! What color did you get?
Ended up doing simple white. Ruby Star caught my eye, but got vetoed by the misses. Up here in the NE, there aren't too many cars that stray from the basics. I think if I lived in Miami or back in LA, Ruby Star would be it for me. There is a Cayenne up my block that has it in Chalk and I think that would ruin it for me every time I saw it. I had a G80 M3 in Tanzanite Blue and that color is beautiful so wanted some different than Gentian Blue. IGM was in the running. In the end I decided to save a few bucks go for White and will add a black stone guard. I've been enamored by the 991 Sport Techno wheels painted in black, but I'm not sure they would fit the 992. I don't know what it is, but I love this look:

Here's my build. Locking in a few days.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PP2MGT60

I'll make due with the RS Spyders. (I don't know why it shows as PDK. I've opted for MT)

Last edited by CengueFever; 04-11-2023 at 10:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CengueFever:
Cartod (04-11-2023), Macboy (04-12-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:08 PM
KD_2024T
Rennlist Member

Hello All - I’m new to RL. After a year, on the waitlist, I got a call saying I got an allocation. Placed my older last week. Hate that the prices went up significantly.

My freeze date is 06/06 with 08/01 Delivery for my 2024 Carrera T.

My Spec. Would love to hear comments:
Color: Shark Blue (Wanted Ruby Star Neo ibut was afraid I’ll constantly be explaining to people why I got a pink car)
Manual Transmission
Glass SunRoof.
T Leather Package ($7k - Highway Robbery)
Lane Change Assist (Do people really get this?)
Front Axle Lift System (Live in a high rise, Steep ramp)
PDLS+ (Do People Recommend this or just getting the regular lights where they dont align)
Tachometer in Yellow
Interior Trim in Shark Blue (Free Option)
Exclusive Design Taillights
Bose Sound (I dont know if Base Audio sucks but couldn’t risk it, thoughts?)
Surround View.
Reg Carrera Wheels but painted in High Gloss Black.
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
SportDesign Side Skirts
Reg Non-Controversial Options: Power Steering Plus, Extended Tank, Locking Wheel Bolts, Heated GT Steering Wheel, Power Folding Exterior Mirrors, Ambient Lighting, etc.

Question: Should I get the Atlanta Delivery? It is now $2k. Is it worth it?

Total Order: $152k. (Quite the sum for a Base Carrera Engine)

Last edited by KD_2024T; 04-11-2023 at 10:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by KD_2024T:
BadlyDrawnBoy (04-12-2023), Macboy (04-12-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:12 PM
duktail
Rennlist Member

I totally agree with what you said. I am one of those people that has had my name on a list for GTS and my name was called with the T was announced. I jumped on it because I wanted to build my own new 911. I had a very highly specked 991.1 that I sold and wanted something that had all the amenities like full leather, sport seats, glass sunroof. We are all fooling ourselves if you think that my car weigning 75 lbs more that the ethos T is a thing on a 380 hp car weighing 3250 lbs. It is imperceptable. Now adding 30 hp to my 912 soft window targa over a base motor is significant on a 1800 lb car. I just don't get the rub on the T ethos. I understand the concept of a stripper if you are actually saving a ton of weight. There just isn't much that weight added when you check off all the boxes of the T. Its great in any form and I am excited when someone builds a 120k T
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:13 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
NJ too. What dealership did you guys buy through? I was told I'm the first Monmouth allocation.
I’m currently in Manhattan. Went to Manhattan Porsche 11/22. They said pay $25K markup or wait 2 years for T. Ha, I had to go with one way down south near Philie/PA. Doesn’t matter to me which dealer. I’ll have nice drive home from pickup. Where are u currently in the process?
tourenwagen (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:14 PM
Colt_45
Advanced

Can you find one post where someone “bashed” someone’s choice or told someone not to option something? I have not seen it in several months, and even then, it was not directed at a particular person, and it was largely about the PDK.
Macboy (04-12-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:15 PM
CengueFever
Advanced

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
NJ too. What dealership did you guys buy through? I was told I'm the first Monmouth allocation.
I'm V200 at Ray Catena. So far it's still set for a 6/2 delivery. Can't wait.
I would have liked to do a PECATL Delivery, but it seems like I'd have to wait out the summer. I'll just have to schedule a track day another time.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club