Old 06-15-2024, 03:10 PM
ClubRacer523
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernin
“the Porsche 911 is not built for the track or racing”
“The 911 T is not built for the track”
My response is; Educate yourself.

How many races have the 911 won? 30,000 victories Porsche 911 Success While it's hard to put an exact number on total race wins, the experts at our Agoura Hills-area Porsche Center estimate that Porsche 911 models have racked up upwards of 30,000 victories (and counting) over the years.

The Carrera in recent years has always been trackable, to do it regularly you do need to do some upgrades, but that is fairly standard. Just track brakes, fluid, and rotors. Then you’re good to goYou seem to hold a great deal of misconceptions about Porsche 911s and the Porsche 911 Carrera T in general.

Track Capability: The Porsche 911 Carrera T is designed with track and canyons in mind. It is lighter and more focused than the standard Carrera.
It features performance upgrades like the sports suspension, rear-axle steering, and a sports exhaust system. These right out the gate make it more agile and better suited for track use.

Handling: The Carrera T has sharp handling characteristics, thanks to its lighter weight and sport-tuned suspension. It is equipped with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) as standard, which further improves its handling dynamics. The reduced weight and lower ride height compared to a standard Carrera contribute to its responsiveness and cornering abilities.

Performance: While it may not be the fastest 911 variant, the Carrera T is by no means slow. It has a 3.0-liter twin-turbo flat-six engine producing 370 horsepower and 331 lb-ft of torque, capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in just over 4 seconds. This level of performance is more than adequate for track driving and can deliver an exhilarating experience.

Track Enjoyment: driving on the track is about having fun, not driving the fastest car. Often times people cannon even get the most out of a slower car, much less a faster car. Driving on the track is about enjoying how the car feels, and improving driving skills. The Carrera T was built mainly for canyon carving, so it does extremely well in tight corners on the track. Even if it is crowded at the track, you will still be able to have some fun and keep up with cars. even with no traffic on the track you then have the opportunity to explore the car's limits safely which is part of what makes track days enjoyable.

TDLR: The Porsche 911 Carrera T I able to provide a fun and engaging platform to get into driving on the track. Sure it will not be as extreme as a 911 GT3 or other variants, but it will be enough for me, and many others. All the tech, the manual transmission, and cornering and RWS and everything make it truly good on the track.
Spot on. I've been an HPDE instructor for 15 years and raced competitively for almost as long and the T will be more than enough car for me at the track.
The following 5 users liked this post by ClubRacer523:
Cartod (06-16-2024), DrKarlB (06-15-2024), FloraFauna (06-17-2024), OCDcollective (07-04-2024), Vernin (06-15-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 03:23 PM
ClubRacer523
Advanced

Originally Posted by omaralt
i'm excited to be joining this club soon! Just placed a deposit on an incoming 911T. optioned nicely with the 7spd manual, 18 ways, bose, RAS, PDLS+, and a few other things. Should be incoming to the dealer on friday. issue is its 55 miles away and its a black car and i'm terrified of any rock chips driving home on I4.. i got some track wrap and hopefully its not too hard to use. i'm trading in my 22 BMW M3 with a manual and i'm excited to see how it compares, i'll post pics when i get it!
I sold my G80 M3 last fall and ordered the T. Had it for 2 weeks now and very happy with it. I am sure you will be also!
The following 2 users liked this post by ClubRacer523:
omaralt (06-15-2024), Vernin (06-15-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 03:33 PM
ClubRacer523
Advanced

Originally Posted by F8T and 911T
you’re definitely right about S Florida hills and curves… it’s sad but true. It you’re wrong about the other stuff. I definitely know as I’m sure you can figure out my other cars… the Ferraris are certainly capable track cars— was just saying the 911 T isn’t set up for it. Whatever, didn’t think I was saying anything that everyone didn’t already know
Have you driven ANY car on track? If so, what experience level?
The following 2 users liked this post by ClubRacer523:
Scott P (06-16-2024), Vernin (06-15-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 06:38 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
You should! For me it’s only a 2,5 hour drive. Best place in the world for car enthusiasts. Epic!
Hey,​​​​@Macboy your new 992 with aero looks great!

Can I join you next time you go to a track day at SPA?

I have booked a day at Goodwood, but I would love to do SPA.
The following users liked this post:
Macboy (06-16-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 10:43 PM
porshanut
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Started production 6/11. Hoping for a quick boat trip to Freeport.

The following 4 users liked this post by porshanut:
ClubRacer523 (06-17-2024), Mike818 (06-15-2024), Ripper T (06-16-2024), Risley (06-16-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 02:18 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,279 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot
Hey,​​​​ your new 992 with aero looks great! Can I join you next time you go to a track day at SPA?
Thanks and of course! But I have not driven at Spa yet. Pictures are from the Green Hell.

Originally Posted by Cartod
Yea, I couldn’t find a photo of yellow deviated stitching on a T with yellow belts. I have to settle for this photo in the meantime
That’s pretty funny cause the first picture of a real life 992 T ever on this forum were mine from the yellow T with yellow stitching and yellow seatbelts lol. You can find in the beginning of the 992 T picture thread. If you cannot I will try to search for it or post them again here.
The following 3 users liked this post by Macboy:
Cartod (06-16-2024), Pivot (06-17-2024), Vernin (06-16-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 07:49 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,196 Likes on 425 Posts

you’re definitely right about S Florida hills and curves… it’s sad but true. It you’re wrong about the other stuff. I definitely know as I’m sure you can figure out my other cars… the Ferraris are certainly capable track cars— was just saying the 911 T isn’t set up for it. Whatever, didn’t think I was saying anything that everyone didn’t already know
I don't think you've spent much time at the track. If you have, it has been driving DE's and you are the queen of the point by. You likely haven't driven in an actual competition where the cars (with full track prep) have limitations and it's up to the driver to work within them.
The following users liked this post:
ClubRacer523 (06-17-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Chartreuse
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 54 Posts

Bros. Lay off @F8T and 911T . It's just his opinion. He's allowed to have it and if he thinks the T is not best suited for the track, so be it. Everyone is acting like he pissed in your cheerios. Next topic...
Old 06-16-2024, 08:57 PM
Cachaco
Instructor

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by zbladejr
Greetings fellow 992 T'ers. So I finally have enough miles on mine to post some observations...and ask for advice. Mine is a 2024 GT Silver, pretty basic build, no rear seats, 7MT, leather interior and 4-way Sport Seats (more on that in a bit). I'm coming off of a 2022 718 Cayman T (also GT Silver, with T package and 6MT). The two cars are totally different so any comparison is not really meaningful but I will say that if that Cayman T had the Carrera T engine...well, it would be amazing. As it was, very good, in fact awesome in terms of driving experience but underpowered and yes ultimately sounded less than stellar. I also had the first to second gear grind issue every now and then which is well documented and frankly somewhat ruins the experience. I feel lucky to be able to experience both cars and can't wait to get past my break-in, well at least 1,000 miles; currently at 750 so keeping it to 5,500 rpm and below.

What I like a lot more in the 992 versus 718 is the 7MT (butter smooth and easy to use) and the sound above 3,000 rpm (as well as the intoxicating downshift noise :-)). I guess it's a bit faster though keeping it mainly under 5K can't yet truly vouch for it. I do wish the car was more aggressive in sound just putting about and on cold start. Not really interested in different exhaust but maybe a tune and valve controller will help?

Okay, here's what I don't like....and it's pretty major...the 4 way sport plus seats. This is a suprise as I loved the ones in the 718, but evidently it's a different design. My pet peeve is with the seat base and specifically the cushion and design in the back of the base connected to the seat back. Mine just feels like there's not enough material (foam?) there and just kind of uncomfortable. My back bone sort of pushes up agains that weird angled section and just in front of that section it's not particularly comfortable. Is it possible that I may have a faulty cushion or have others noticed this? I'm 6 foot; 170 lbs, athletic build so anatomy is normal. And with the 718, I think I messed with it for 5 mins when took delivery and then didn't change a thing until traded in at 6K miles.

I'm considering putting some kind of a thin but firm memory foam cushion on top of the seat base to get a bit more support/comfort but haven't been able to find one that's sized to fit this seat...any ideas/suggestions? Anyway, the area in the red box in the picture is what's bugging me. Not a show stopper but kind of a bummer. I wonder if this would have been better with the 14 or 18 ways....definitely would have been different with buckets but we wanted to be able to use the back seat area for groceries and luggage and Porsche can't seem to make a bucket that fold forward...so no buckets..lol. Love the car otherwise, want it to be a keeper....for a loooong time. Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.
Grab some sugary snacks every day and your butt will grow a natural cushion!

Sorry to hear, the 4ways are perfect for me and I have had a bunch of back issues. Try some 18ways but not sure if other than adjustability, they have more cushion or are more comfortable.

a simple Amazon cushion may do the trick. Or I guess an upholsterer could try adding some more padding.

Last edited by Cachaco; 06-16-2024 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:06 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 210 Posts

Okay, here's what I don't like....and it's pretty major...the 4 way sport plus seats. This is a suprise as I loved the ones in the 718, but evidently it's a different design. My pet peeve is with the seat base and specifically the cushion and design in the back of the base connected to the seat back. Mine just feels like there's not enough material (foam?) there and just kind of uncomfortable. My back bone sort of pushes up agains that weird angled section and just in front of that section it's not particularly comfortable. Is it possible that I may have a faulty cushion or have others noticed this? I'm 6 foot; 170 lbs, athletic build so anatomy is normal. And with the 718, I think I messed with it for 5 mins when took delivery and then didn't change a thing until traded in at 6K miles.

I'm considering putting some kind of a thin but firm memory foam cushion on top of the seat base to get a bit more support/comfort but haven't been able to find one that's sized to fit this seat...any ideas/suggestions? Anyway, the area in the red box in the picture is what's bugging me. Not a show stopper but kind of a bummer. I wonder if this would have been better with the 14 or 18 ways....definitely would have been different with buckets but we wanted to be able to use the back seat area for groceries and luggage and Porsche can't seem to make a bucket that fold forward...so no buckets..lol. Love the car otherwise, want it to be a keeper....for a loooong time. Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.
I hate to say it but the 18 way sport seat plus would have very likely solved your issue (as would the 14 way but not the same bolstering). It is probably not so much a padding problem as it is an angle issue for how your back / spine personally contours to the lower seat back. The 18 way seats would have allowed you to adjust the tilt angle of the seat bottoms front and back area. When combined with adjusting the angle of the seat back this can provide results that vary greatly (with even just the slightest adjustments) on how it meets / contours to ones lower back.
Old 06-16-2024, 10:51 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Greetings fellow 992 T'ers. So I finally have enough miles on mine to post some observations...and ask for advice. Mine is a 2024 GT Silver, pretty basic build, no rear seats, 7MT, leather interior and 4-way Sport Seats (more on that in a bit). I'm coming off of a 2022 718 Cayman T (also GT Silver, with T package and 6MT). The two cars are totally different so any comparison is not really meaningful but I will say that if that Cayman T had the Carrera T engine...well, it would be amazing. As it was, very good, in fact awesome in terms of driving experience but underpowered and yes ultimately sounded less than stellar. I also had the first to second gear grind issue every now and then which is well documented and frankly somewhat ruins the experience. I feel lucky to be able to experience both cars and can't wait to get past my break-in, well at least 1,000 miles; currently at 750 so keeping it to 5,500 rpm and below.

What I like a lot more in the 992 versus 718 is the 7MT (butter smooth and easy to use) and the sound above 3,000 rpm (as well as the intoxicating downshift noise :-)). I guess it's a bit faster though keeping it mainly under 5K can't yet truly vouch for it. I do wish the car was more aggressive in sound just putting about and on cold start. Not really interested in different exhaust but maybe a tune and valve controller will help?

Your seat gripe on the 4 ways is precisely why I had to order my T with the 18 way seats. Of course I would have loved to save the nearly $3k and the weight and gone with the base 4 way seats, but they had zero lower back support for my back.
Old 06-16-2024, 10:52 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Chartreuse
Bros. Lay off @F8T and 911T . It's just his opinion. He's allowed to have it and if he thinks the T is not best suited for the track, so be it. Everyone is acting like he pissed in your cheerios. Next topic...
LOL....I prefer almond milk on my Cheerios....thank you very much.
The following 2 users liked this post by Risley:
ClubRacer523 (06-17-2024), Vernin (06-17-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 11:18 PM
F8T and 911T
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Chartreuse
It's ok man. I kind of expected it once I came to this site.... seems certain car brand owners are overall defensive..... I REALLY hate saying that as I don't like to generalize or stereotype but Mustang and Porsche owners seem to just think the car is the best for everything without knowing or having any experience with others.... anyway, I probably shouldn't even have said that.

I don't run into that type of defensiveness and thinking on Ferrarichat... most of us over there are usually bashing Ferrari or complaining hahah... and my AMG GTc and the F8 are trackable for sure but just not the 911.

and lastly, you don't have to drive a car on the track to know if it's track worthy. You can certainly feel this on the street before you ever bring it to the track.... and I'll say it again, the T just doesn't have the power, torque, acceleration, handling, steering or braking to really do anything on a track so that's why I was surprised that some people were talking about tracking it.

and I'll say THIS again too..... I really like mine after a couple weeks of daily driving. It's a perfect car to daily drive without being bored to death like a regular car. It's got some decent sound, some reasonable pick up, some comfort/luxury and some looks.... and INCREDIBLE build quality that I never knew..... SO I'm happy with it. I'm just not under any delusion that it's fast or can carve corners at speed etc.... It's perfect for what it is, although I was surprised that it's twice as much money as I thought they were.... Oh well, I still like it.

Last edited by F8T and 911T; 06-16-2024 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 12:36 AM
Chartreuse
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 54 Posts

It's ok man. I kind of expected it once I came to this site.... seems certain car brand owners are overall defensive..... I REALLY hate saying that as I don't like to generalize or stereotype but Mustang and Porsche owners seem to just think the car is the best for everything without knowing or having any experience with others.... anyway, I probably shouldn't even have said that.

I don't run into that type of defensiveness and thinking on Ferrarichat... most of us over there are usually bashing Ferrari or complaining hahah... and my AMG GTc and the F8 are trackable for sure but just not the 911.

and lastly, you don't have to drive a car on the track to know if it's track worthy. You can certainly feel this on the street before you ever bring it to the track.... and I'll say it again, the T just doesn't have the power, torque, acceleration, handling, steering or braking to really do anything on a track so that's why I was surprised that some people were talking about tracking it.

and I'll say THIS again too..... I really like mine after a couple weeks of daily driving. It's a perfect car to daily drive without being bored to death like a regular car. It's got some decent sound, some reasonable pick up, some comfort/luxury and some looks.... and INCREDIBLE build quality that I never knew..... SO I'm happy with it. I'm just not under any delusion that it's fast or can carve corners at speed etc.... It's perfect for what it is, although I was surprised that it's twice as much money as I thought they were.... Oh well, I still like it.
"...I walked up and the gun was already loaded, pointed directly at his foot. I grabbed it, took the bullet out and thought I had talked him out of it. He insisted on having it back, loaded the bullet and proceeded to shoot his own foot." I tried. You're on your own, homie.
The following 4 users liked this post by Chartreuse:
asuresh8 (06-17-2024), ClubRacer523 (06-17-2024), pk_fire (06-17-2024), Vernin (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 04:54 AM
ManualT
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 4-way seats

I also noticed the exact same issue with the 4-way seats and the bump in the center of the angled section against my tailbone. If you tilt the seat back forward a bit you don’t feel it as much or at all.

QUOTE=zbladejr;19498567]Greetings fellow 992 T'ers. So I finally have enough miles on mine to post some observations...and ask for advice. Mine is a 2024 GT Silver, pretty basic build, no rear seats, 7MT, leather interior and 4-way Sport Seats (more on that in a bit). I'm coming off of a 2022 718 Cayman T (also GT Silver, with T package and 6MT). The two cars are totally different so any comparison is not really meaningful but I will say that if that Cayman T had the Carrera T engine...well, it would be amazing. As it was, very good, in fact awesome in terms of driving experience but underpowered and yes ultimately sounded less than stellar. I also had the first to second gear grind issue every now and then which is well documented and frankly somewhat ruins the experience. I feel lucky to be able to experience both cars and can't wait to get past my break-in, well at least 1,000 miles; currently at 750 so keeping it to 5,500 rpm and below.

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club