Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 11:38 PM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Due to issues they were having with the Li-Ion battery losing charge so quickly on certain vehicles (especially those with RAS) they decided to put this battery back in the cars (but they reduced its weight as well...)
This is for all 2024 models and those going forward... anyone with a 2023 will still use Li-ion charger
That is good information and had not heard that. I had to buy a new Charger.....
The following 2 users liked this post by Vista6019:
toph4242 (01-04-2024), Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 11:58 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

Here is my Build Code:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRVTKBH5

I added the Steering Column and Cupholder leather also. Going to leave seatbelts black. I managed to stop from adding Extended Door leather (which I don't much value on my TTS, wife also scuffs it with her heels) and passing on the Leather Seatbacks this time. I have the Carbon Fiber inlay ones on my TTS and they're rad, but they seem overkill for the T spirit and my kids would destroy the Ice Grey painted ones. Still waffling a little on the seat backs though.

I'd love to have the T leather with the "special" pinstripes. The black stitching steering wheel I could live with, but the non-matching shift lever would really bug me. Plus I feel like the Pebble Grey will have more "wow" pop.
The following users liked this post:
Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 12:01 AM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,417 Likes on 511 Posts

Man, ED wheels would look so dope on that color combo.
Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 12:08 AM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fishah
Man, ED wheels would look so dope on that color combo.
Yeah, I considered it. But ultimately don't like that the ED wheels are polished, because literally nothing else on the car is. I'm planning to order a set of HRE P101s in Dark Brushed Clear, so sticking with the standard wheels (which I'll likely use for winter rubber, living in New England).
The following 2 users liked this post by wintershade:
Uhu (01-04-2024), Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 10:37 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,299 Likes on 733 Posts
Default T

Originally Posted by VarTheVar
Is this to keep the grill closed?
Good point, but I have 2 other reasons. Because I always drive in sport I always have auto blip on. So it’s nice to be reminded how strange it sounds without auto blip. So a good reminder. Second point is that when I hear that sport exhaust I just feel the need to push the throttle. And with cold engine that’s bad. So it’s more to contain myself.

Originally Posted by TheSunTheSea
Ended up going with extended leather + deviated stitching in Guards Red (to match the exterior Guards Red), keeping the Sport-Tex seat centers. Also went with seat belts and Tach + Chrono in Guards Red. I think it’ll have just the right amount of stitching to act as contrast to the black interior. Can’t wait for my April delivery!!!
Cant wait for those pictures. Just a brilliant combination!

Originally Posted by Fishah
Up to 1,040 miles on the car, and finally experimenting more with 5k rpms. It just keeps getting better
You will not believe what you will hear as of 5500 rpm. Those valves will change everything.

Originally Posted by wintershade
I added the Steering Column and Cupholder leather also. Going to leave seatbelts black. I managed to stop from adding Extended Door leather (which I don't much value on my TTS, wife also scuffs it with her heels) and passing on the Leather Seatbacks this time. I have the Carbon Fiber inlay ones on my TTS and they're rad, but they seem overkill for the T spirit and my kids would destroy the Ice Grey painted ones. Still waffling a little on the seat backs though.
Its nice to see you are following our advice with the deviated stitching. Adding the steering column is a must have as well. And for Porsche standards pretty cheap. Just like the seatbelts. Remember that the more you chose the more stitching you get for free. That was also a reason for some to chose the backseats since you pay for them to be stitched as well (and also 4 colored seatbelts instead of 2). Not my own argument but surely a valid one.

About the extended door leather: look at the picture above with the green T package. I would personally always order this when having deviated stitching. Because it elevates the car so much more. One reason not to order it is when you may feel it’s too “luxurious”. A 992 T has a sporty vibe compared to let’s say a Turbo which has a luxury feel to it. Of course depending on how you customize it. But if you like stitching it’s a must have. But then add the inner door sill guards as well to go full monty. It’s already a high budget car right? This really is your last step since there are no other leather options.

Then about your argument about scuffing it: it’s better to have leather than the “plastic” part we have now. Scratches on plastic cannot be removed! It’s one of the main interior issues of getting in and out of your Porsche. So if your wife scratches a lot it’s definitely better to go for leather. It’s less scratchy and less ugly and you can always replace (and repair!) leather much easier than plastic. So hope this will help your decision making.

About the leather cup holder: make sure to check the pictures to see if that look is what you are looking for. The piano black is pretty cool. Or just go for the free option of inlays in exterior color. I think on ice grey this option will be brilliant and is one of the few I would pick (ice grey and silver are the only ones for me to chose that option). And there seems to be consensus on this forum for that.

Finally about the back seat in leather. I personally just hate the plastic backside. It gives a luxury feel when having it in leather. I would say if you order the extra leather options than just order this as well. You gotta draw the line somewhere, yes, but there are no other leather options left. So don’t think this argument is valid. And you clearly like your leather and deviated stitching otherwise we would not be talking about this. A point to consider is whether you have the black glass. This will block visibility from the outside should you chose the colored inlay. But I think just the leather gives it that nicer look. I had in on my 992 4S and now on my T. I do have to admit that on the new T that was ordered I left it out on purpose. But that was for a different reason than not liking or wanting it.

Last edited by Macboy; 01-04-2024 at 10:39 AM.
Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 10:40 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,299 Likes on 733 Posts

Just gotta hate me speaking more about stitching the damn car than driving it
The following 2 users liked this post by Macboy:
Shortseller (01-04-2024), Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 11:09 AM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 609 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Just gotta hate me speaking more about stitching the damn car than driving it
Like weight, it’s just another polarizing topic here on the Family Fued! 🔥😠😂

Last edited by Shortseller; 01-04-2024 at 01:15 PM.
Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 12:45 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macboy

Finally about the back seat in leather. I personally just hate the plastic backside. It gives a luxury feel when having it in leather. I would say if you order the extra leather options than just order this as well. You gotta draw the line somewhere, yes, but there are no other leather options left. So don’t think this argument is valid. And you clearly like your leather and deviated stitching otherwise we would not be talking about this. A point to consider is whether you have the black glass. This will block visibility from the outside should you chose the colored inlay. But I think just the leather gives it that nicer look. I had in on my 992 4S and now on my T. I do have to admit that on the new T that was ordered I left it out on purpose. But that was for a different reason than not liking or wanting it.
@Macboy -- You're killing me brother! You're such an enabler. Where are all the "Ts should be light, minimal options, cheap" police when I need them? I really do love leather and deviated stitching. I just worry it's contrary to the ethos of the T. I don't really care about recouping value at resale of a $160K T build vs a $130K T build.

Personally, I've hated the painted interior trim in every 911 I've seen it in, but it's mostly been skittle colored GT3s. Since it's a free option and the Ice Grey is neutral, I figure I'll give it a whirl. If I don't like it, my SA says I can either vinyl wrap it gloss black or dark aluminum... and if that fails, have the OEM Black Brushed Aluminum trim that's standard with the GTS installed (though apparently it would cost a few $k) to perfectly match the door sills.

I did consider "fully committing" to the Painted Ice Grey interior and doing the 1) Painted Leathers Seatback and the 2) Leather Air Vents with Painted Vents. In the configurator, it looks awesome. I just worry in real life it will be tacky and adds like $3500.
The plastic seat backs don't bother me as much as I thought, since the dark grey plastic at least matches other dark grey plastic trim parts throughout the cabin.
The following 2 users liked this post by wintershade:
Macboy (01-04-2024), Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 12:59 PM
Rich_911T
Pro

Received 1,061 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Aerokit in black would finish the look.
eh , I’m loving this spec as I’d …. Black aero might give off too much bumble bee 🐝 looks
Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 01:02 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,319 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike818
I was on the fence (maybe still am) about these. To me they just seem a little out of place (shiny) on a car that is so default "dark mode" with the trim accents.
I agree. Considering aftermarket rims but so far nothing really grabs me for T. Looked at all the Cali mfrs. including AL13, Brixton Forged, HRE etc. (man, I miss Cali car culture) and others like BBS, Advan GT for Porsche, etc. I generally like the idea of keeping the consistent grey T theme (although not a must). Industry designers i know (all own at least one 911) think Porsche did really good with the Titanium grey S rims and love the T color scheme including side decals, emblem, mirrors, calipers, etc. They’re encouraging me to not change rims, but I continue to look 👀, ha. Still something special enuff about these….

The following 5 users liked this post by ECNJ:
Barkat03 (01-05-2024), LuckyP (01-04-2024), Macboy (01-04-2024), Mike818 (01-04-2024), Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 01:10 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 609 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ECNJ
I agree. Considering aftermarket rims but so far nothing really grabs me for T. Looked at all the Cali mfrs. including AL13, Brixton Forged, HRE etc. (man, I miss Cali car culture) and others like BBS, Advan GT for Porsche, etc. I generally like the idea of keeping the consistent grey T theme (although not a must). Industry designers i know (all own at least one 911) think Porsche did really good with the Titanium grey S rims and love the T color scheme including side decals, emblem, mirrors, calipers, etc. They’re encouraging me to not change rims, but I continue to look 👀, ha. Still something special enuff about these….
Yellow indicators or is that just the camera flash? Starting to like them. 🤔

As to the rims, the stock look great, no need for the upsell.

Last edited by Shortseller; 01-04-2024 at 01:15 PM.
Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 02:44 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,319 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortseller
Yellow indicators or is that just the camera flash? Starting to like them. 🤔
They’re clear but amber when turned on. Not sure what others bought. So far no made in China product on my T….plan on keeping it that way!

Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 02:47 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 658 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by ECNJ
They’re clear but amber when turned on. Not sure what others bought. So far no made in China product on my T….plan on keeping it that way!
I'm guessing it's the same as this: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PKCLEAR992.html
Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 02:50 PM
PlainwhiteT
Track Day

Received 54 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lone992
I also wanted to be low key as I didn't want to attract attention with the exterior color, but went the opposite direction with the interior.

Exterior - Chalk
Interior - T leather in lizard green for some pop.

beautiful, mine is spec’ed almost the same, curious why you did not option the free “paint interior trim in exterior color”?

Last edited by PlainwhiteT; 01-04-2024 at 03:00 PM.
Vernin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 02:52 PM
dg108
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
I'm guessing it's the same as this: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PKCLEAR992.html
Way cheaper at Flat6. Don't know where they are made but they are great forum contributors.
Vernin (01-04-2024)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club