Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2021 | 01:12 AM
Thescout13
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal;[url=[url
tel:17658848]17658848]Dinan does a ton of BMW and Audi but not much Porsche. If I wanted to spend $2,500 I’d go M engineering. I’ll likely get a Race Chip piggyback in the spring for $750.
Steve Dinan (Carbahn and not his old company Dinan which has gone severely downhill) is currently developing for the 992, he said so in his recent interview on the smoking tire podcast. He says that he is always last to market because (1) he tunes everything possible metric in his tunes and does not just use other people’s or the stock tables with some minor adjustments around the edges (including if necessary upgrading the MAF sensor for 3.5 bar) and (2) all his tunes are made to be CARB certified.

To be clear I’m not saying M-Engineering has done (1) because they do work with Porsche Motorsport, my point is that I can see why people would wait for his tunes given the amount of time and care he puts into engineering the highest quality tunes and components, and then warranties them.

Last edited by Thescout13; 09-10-2021 at 01:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AlterZgo (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021 | 04:26 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Thescout13
Steve Dinan (Carbahn and not his old company Dinan which has gone severely downhill) is currently developing for the 992, he said so in his recent interview on the smoking tire podcast. He says that he is always last to market because (1) he tunes everything possible metric in his tunes and does not just use other people’s or the stock tables with some minor adjustments around the edges (including if necessary upgrading the MAF sensor for 3.5 bar) and (2) all his tunes are made to be CARB certified.

To be clear I’m not saying M-Engineering has done (1) because they do work with Porsche Motorsport, my point is that I can see why people would wait for his tunes given the amount of time and care he puts into engineering the highest quality tunes and components, and then warranties them.
I watched that podcast. It was probably the most technical and informative podcasts I’ve ever listened to on ECU and suspension tuning. Really interested to see what suspension and ECU mods he comes out with. I also like his ala carte pricing on tunes with and without warranty.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
dhirm5 (09-10-2021), Thescout13 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021 | 04:36 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Dinan does a ton of BMW and Audi but not much Porsche. If I wanted to spend $2,500 I’d go M engineering. I’ll likely get a Race Chip piggyback in the spring for $750.
seems he's got a porsche program going, now - not fleshed out and advertised on the website yet. it's worth reaching out to see what/when.
Old 09-10-2021 | 06:43 PM
Tompoodie
Pro

Originally Posted by Thescout13

I live in Los Angeles, and I think it would be just wonderful if Dinan did a CARB certified tune for the 992.
I think people would want to install that like gangbusters... And then be able to accelerate like gangbusters... but hopefully not get busted doing so.
The following users liked this post:
Thescout13 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021 | 06:51 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tompoodie
I live in Los Angeles, and I think it would be just wonderful if Dinan did a CARB certified tune for the 992.
I think people would want to install that like gangbusters... And then be able to accelerate like gangbusters... but hopefully not get busted doing so.
it's coming. steve is the man. watch that podcast if you haven't.
The following 2 users liked this post by dhirm5:
Thescout13 (09-10-2021), Tompoodie (09-11-2021)
Old 10-21-2021 | 11:55 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

I tuned a 991.2 Porsche 4S with COBB Tuning and it MAY have caused my fuel pressure regulator to fail and "bricked" locked my ecu, the car just shut off and wouldn't start. Had to flatbed back to dealer. Dealer replaced the Fuel Pressure part and replaced ECU... The question is, was it a faulty fuel pressure system to begin with or the COBB tune that did this. I will never know but the dealer didn't either and replaced both under warranty. Cobb wouldn't refund or anything so that was a total loss. No way was I going to do a ECU tune it again with a company that doesn't specialize in it for the brand. Leave COBB for Subaru's in my opinion. I did RENNTech on my previous AMG it was was a perfect and stable tune, as an example.

Did we ever get an Install Guide link for the 992 with the Burger Motorsports tune? https://burgertuning.com/products/jb...5e5ac952&_ss=r

Last edited by APEX GT3; 10-21-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2021 | 01:13 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

^ I'm surprised your dealer replaced under warranty. Did they know about the tune?

Quick Reply: ECU tuning