Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No-Drill Front License Plate Mount for all 992 (NOT a tow hook mount)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 04:52 PM
Carbonio
Former Vendor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts
Smile No-Drill Front License Plate Mount for 992 WITHOUT ACC (NOT a tow hook mount)

EDIT: This post is for Carbonio's front license plate mount that fits Porsche 992 body 911's that DO NOT have Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). ACC is identified by a large round sensor in the front of the bumper. If you have this sensor then your car has ACC and you should reference the following thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1254...l#post17480657

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may recognize our name from the Ferrari world and to those unfamiliar, Carbonio is a design and engineering company with specialties in carbon fiber manufacturing but also product design. Recently we have turned our attention to developing a line of front license plate brackets that can be installed and removed quickly without the need to drill any holes. What makes our mounts different is that they DO NOT use the horribly ugly offset tow hook but rather are designed to mount the plate in the middle of the car which maintains a nice balanced look while remaining legal.

In addition to having a great OEM like look we have come up with a modular design that allows you to custom fit your plate in both reach and angle. The mount fixes via a clever patent-pending retention assembly that allows you to install or remove your plate in seconds without any tools and without leaving any trace of the mount having been there.

Here are some of the bullet points:

- Mount comes pre-assembled and ready to install
- Fits number plates from all over the world and adheres to national and international standards making it a totally global solution
- High speed tested to ensure that stability and cooling is not affected
- Does not interfere with front parking sensors or front mount camera

- Adjustable in reach and angle to allow for a fully personalized install
- Great for car shows or track days; quick removal maintains privacy
- Excellent roadside 'fix' you can keep in the trunk if you choose to drive plate free. Most police are ok with this kind of roadside repair.
- DOES NOT remove ground clearance compared to stock

More pictures and online ordering available at:
https://carbonio.com/collections/por...se-plate-mount

Now for some photos:

NOTE PHOTOS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO SHOW LATEST DESIGN MOUNT THAT DOES NOT AFFECT GROUND CLEARANCE. DISREGARD IMAGES IN THIS THREAD WHERE THE PLATE LOOKS TO BE BELOW THE FRONT LIP.

Last edited by Carbonio; 06-08-2021 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Updated with new product information
Old 11-02-2020, 05:01 PM
ChalkThe911
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts

The Link in your post isn't working,

Old 11-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Carbonio
Former Vendor

All fixed
The following users liked this post:
ChalkThe911 (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 05:12 PM
ThWombatCredenza
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 279

looks great but $279 seems too much. That’s more than the ticket if I just skip it.

darn I was waiting for this.

Originally Posted by Carbonio
Hi Everyone,

We just released our new front license plate bracket for all variants of the 992.

Some of you may recognize our name from the Ferrari world and to those unfamiliar, Carbonio is a design and engineering company with specialties in carbon fiber manufacturing but also product design. Recently we have turned our attention to developing a line of front license plate brackets that can be installed and removed quickly without the need to drill any holes. What makes our mounts different is that they DO NOT use the horribly ugly offset tow hook but rather are designed to mount the plate in the middle of the car which maintains a nice balanced look while remaining legal.

In addition to having a great OEM like look we have come up with a modular design that allows you to custom fit your plate in both reach and angle. The mount fixes via a clever patent-pending spring assembly that allows you to install or remove your plate in seconds without any tools and without leaving any trace of the mount having been there.

Here are some of the bullet points:

- Mount comes pre-assembled and ready to install
- Fits number plates from all over the world and adheres to national and international standards making it a totally global solution
- High speed tested to ensure that stability and cooling is not affected
- Adjustable in reach and angle to allow for a fully personalized install
- Great for car shows or track days; quick removal maintains privacy
- Excellent roadside 'fix' you can keep in the trunk if you choose to drive plate free. Most police are ok with this kind of roadside repair.

More pictures and online ordering available at:
https://carbonio.com/collections/por...se-plate-mount

Now for some photos:

Old 11-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Carbonio
Former Vendor

The price is a function of the complexity of the assembly and the fact that it is a dedicated design for the 992. Designs that are more universal can be mass produced at lower costs but our mount is made in North America in relatively small numbers for enthusiasts wanting to do away with horribly ugly tow hook mounts.

We recently had a customer tell us that they were pulled over 4 times in the past month for no front plate. For some owners they just don't want to deal with the hassle of getting pulled over even once or be constantly looking over their shoulder every time they see a police car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carbonio:
detansinn (11-03-2020), got2go (11-09-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 05:18 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Doesn’t work with ACC and may not work with Turbo

Apparently will not work with ACC and may not work with TurboS, unfortunately .
Old 11-02-2020, 05:25 PM
kpblade
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 71 Posts

Does the ACC physically not allow the installation, or does it just block the function?. Also does it install on the Sports Design front bumper fascia?
Old 11-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Carbonio
Former Vendor

Our mount merely blocks the ACC sensor. If you don't care about that then it fits perfectly well.

Regarding the Sports Design front bumper, YES our mount fits. One of the design challenges was making a mount that can fit the various front bumper configurations the 992 offers without making different mounts for each bumper (a nightmare to inventory and to try to get right in ordering for most customers). Thinking creatively we came up with a mount that allows for fine adjustment in angle and reach allowing for a truly tailored fit depending on the owner. Once you get it the way you like it, it is tightened down in position and stays that way with a simple on and off in a few seconds.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:38 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 358 Likes on 223 Posts

Do you have any still pictures of actual mount that shows how it looks/how it is attached as I didn't see any on your link? Thx.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:43 PM
Carbonio
Former Vendor

I'll get some pics tomorrow. At present our inventory is boxed and sealed so I'll ask the guys to make me up one that I can take photos of.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:45 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 358 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbonio
I'll get some pics tomorrow. At present our inventory is boxed and sealed so I'll ask the guys to make me up one that I can take photos of.
Cool! Has it been tested at speed/in wind, etc. with no fly off's?
Old 11-02-2020, 09:14 PM
ChalkThe911
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Cool! Has it been tested at speed/in wind, etc. with no fly off's?
Haha, my thoughts too. Pay $300 bucks. Hit the HWY. lose $300 bucks.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:05 PM
py0413
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

I’m interested but I’m also curious about how it is attached to the bottom of the front lip/bumper? Do we still need to drill underneath?
Old 11-03-2020, 08:57 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,352 Likes on 762 Posts

$300 for a front mount seems like a test to see how many will bite. Glad we don’t need a front plate in Fl.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Tanqueray86
Banned

Received 224 Likes on 106 Posts

From the looks of it on the website (short motion picture of a guy taking the plate off), the holder seems to have a spring loaded extender that you squeeze to insert into a pre-existing gap between some trims underneath the bumper, then the spring loaded extenders extend to hold it in place.

I could be 1000 times wrong, but that’s what I suspect.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (03-02-2021)

Quick Reply: No-Drill Front License Plate Mount for all 992 (NOT a tow hook mount)