Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No-Drill Front License Plate Mount for all 992 (NOT a tow hook mount)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 10:36 AM
Carbonio
Former Vendor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rdv
Right. Let see I paid, gee, I dunno, a couple of grand for Active Cruise Control so I could actually, you know, use it. I suspect there are others like me who actually DO care about slapping on a $279 device that blocks the sensor thus rendering my ACC useless.
Perhaps our post was misunderstood as we would not encourage anyone to drive with something that circumvents their ACC which of course is an expensive safety feature. That said a number of customers specifically asked if the mount will fit on a car that has ACC because they want to drive around without the plate but have the option of a quick roadside fix (to avoid a ticket) should they get pulled over. Many of our customers, particularly in the Ferrari world, drive around with the mount in their frunk and we have never heard of someone getting a ticket when presenting the officer with the option of re-installing the plate in a few seconds at the side of the road.
The following users liked this post:
peterdouglas (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 02:49 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 645 Likes on 393 Posts

One huge benefit of the Carbonio is the ease of on/off. In reading RDV’s drill suggestion he says it would take about five minutes to put the plate in with the two small screws. The Carbonio option probably takes <30 seconds from the time I open my door until I’m back in the driver’s seat. Not sure you can talk a cop into waiting 5 minutes, but 30 seconds is likely doable.

Last edited by markchristenson; 05-31-2021 at 02:51 PM.
Als992 (06-29-2023)
Old 05-31-2021, 02:50 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,837 Likes on 957 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbonio
Our new bracket that will fit 992's with Adaptive Cruise Control will be released next week and the website will be fully updated to reflect the changes. At present the instructions listed are for the spring loaded mount for non ACC cars shown in this thread and do not apply to the new design. The non-ACC mount will continue to be sold as before.

While we will be releasing the product with a dedicated thread, I can outline some the differences to the non-ACC mount:

- Placement of the license plate will be centered in the OEM location. Not down low like the mount in this thread and not offset like a tow hook mount
- Mount will allow for fine tuning adjustment of both angle and projection
- Initial installation will take about 10-15 minutes to mount and set in the preferred position. Once the first install is done the mount can be removed and re-installed in seconds allowing for a clean no-plate look.
- Will not interfere with front camera, ACC, or park sensors
- Mount will cost significantly less than the non-ACC version

In order to achieve all of this (without drilling any holes) and because the 992 with ACC has no physical points to affix to, the new mount comes with a pair of low profile receivers that adhere to the underside of the grill opening. These receivers allow a firm mounting point while being almost invisible when the mount is removed. In addition we worked together with 3M to select a mounting tape that is incredibly strong while still being ultimately removable without any damage. We did an extensive amount of testing and the mounts are incredibly strong while looking OEM once fitted. It is a very slick and neat solution that gives you the opportunity to install and remove your plate in seconds without causing any damage to your car.

As previously mentioned the site will be updated soon with photos and instructions and first deliveries will start next week.
I just bought a non-ACC version and my car does not have ACC. But I guess my question is whether the new ACC compatible version is also compatible with non-ACC cars. I expect it would be.

And does that mean that the plate rides higher (more in front of the bumper than the grill) than the non-ACC version?
Old 05-31-2021, 04:34 PM
Carbonio
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I just bought a non-ACC version and my car does not have ACC. But I guess my question is whether the new ACC compatible version is also compatible with non-ACC cars. I expect it would be.

And does that mean that the plate rides higher (more in front of the bumper than the grill) than the non-ACC version?
The new ACC version can be used on a Non-ACC car. Whether or not it has ACC the new design mount places the plate higher and centered to the bumper face like the OEM mount does.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:42 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,285 Posts

Please post images and a link to the *.pdf installation document for your new, ACC equipped 911, No-Drill Plate Mount.
porshivz (06-02-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 11:05 PM
Carbonio
Former Vendor

New mount for vehicles with ACC has been covered in a new thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1254...l#post17480657
Old 09-05-2021, 04:50 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

Does this block the front surround view camera?
Old 09-05-2021, 04:55 PM
Doc_Ad
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoastj

No. None of my cameras/sensors are interferes with.
westcoastj (09-05-2021)
Old 02-12-2022, 12:28 PM
JRW1
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

Just installed the Carbonio non ACC bracket on my 992 Cabriolet. It was a lot easier to install than expected, and it looks great. Very pricey, but high quality.
Old 02-12-2022, 03:05 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoastj
In my experience, the Carbonio ACC version works with ACC and surround camera but the license plate does partially block the front camera view. See the picture in this post.
kgs365 (02-12-2022)

Quick Reply: No-Drill Front License Plate Mount for all 992 (NOT a tow hook mount)