Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 05:47 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Goodhands911
I'm hoping he is talking about delivery date which if it officially cleared tomorrow would make sense. As he is in dc and not close to either east coast port
My dealer is right outside of DC and my car is sitting at port less than 45 miles away. So his is likely at the same port
The following users liked this post:
MVRK (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 05:48 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Goodhands911
I'm hoping he is talking about delivery date which if it officially cleared tomorrow would make sense. As he is in dc and not close to either east coast port
You’re correct, sorry for any confusion, I was referring to delivery date. Echoing your point about the port location, if I’m being given this timetable, you’d think most customers on the east coast should be in the same boat.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:54 PM
Brandguy
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

FWIW and only one more point of "nothing's changed", my SA emailed me within the last 30 mins to tell me that they are still expecting 11/13 at dealership (midwest based)
Old 10-27-2020, 05:57 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Originally Posted by Babyray
Thanks for the update. You mention “eastern bound “. Does the same apply for west coast?
Sadly he didn’t specifically mention anything regarding the West Coast, but nothing regarding the mass CARB clearance for ‘21 992 models was East Coast specific...so it’s a fair assumption that West Coast vehicles should be moving towards delivery as well.

I’d also note that as of yesterday COB some of the Midwest’s most notable dealers, like Nashville for example, have finally posted their “coming soon” 21 992 listings. Having bought from them previously It seems they are typically stingy with incoming listings and don’t post until the vehicle delivery is a week or two out.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:57 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by MVRK
While this is my first post at Rennlist, I can actually corroborate the updated arrive claim made above, having just departed our local dealer in D.C. after trading in my Macan S and finalizing deposit on an incoming C2. While I, unlike most of you, did not spec my 992 from the factory, my thinking is that this should not affect the validity of the time table update I received from the dealer, for most of you here. Prior to leaving my SA and the SM both informed me that my 992 had cleared CARB and been updated to just a week to a week and half out, after having been told this past Saturday that it would likely arrive 11/30. They also emphasized that this should be the case for ALL eastern bound, non-turbo 2021 992’s currently on US soil, as they had all been collectively approved as of the beginning of this week.

To any skeptics of this just being lip service, these guys were well versed in the CARB issues and essentially echoed everything in this thread, including the significant frustration and order cancelations that have occurred. It should be noted for anyone awaiting an incoming 992 Turbo model; after citing the fact they were given the initial date of 9/11 for delivery, the SM confirmed the Turbos will still likely be tied up till the first week in December, at the earliest, and made a point to say they have been THE CULPRIT of all of this. He referenced the similar delays that occurred with the Cayenne Coupes, which took 6 months to clear because the pissing match with CARB and VW is far from over...
Porsche did not submit the apps to the EPA on the cayenne, including the coupes until 9/18/20. They had approval on 10/5/20. Something isn’t adding up in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:58 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Sadly he didn’t specifically mention anything regarding the West Coast, but nothing regarding the mass CARB clearance for ‘21 992 models was East Coast specific...so it’s a fair assumption that West Coast vehicles should be moving towards delivery as well.

I’d also note that as of yesterday COB some of the Midwest’s most notable dealers, like Nashville for example, have finally posted their “coming soon” 21 992 listings. Having bought from them previously It seems they are typically stingy with incoming listings and don’t post until the vehicle delivery is a week or two out.
Yep a lot of dealers won’t put cars on inventory until they are cleared and released for transport and the dealership is invoiced
MVRK (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 06:00 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
Porsche did not submit the apps to the EPA on the cayenne, including the coupes until 9/18/20. They had approval on 10/5/20. Something isn’t adding up in my opinion.
I’m just playing the part of an echo chamber for my SA and certainly am not claiming to know the ins and outs of all the 21 lineup delays, so your point about the Cayenne Coupe is correct for all I know. I just know he referenced significant delay on the Coupes this year.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:09 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

I’m just playing the part of an echo chamber for my SA and certainly am not claiming to know the ins and outs of all the 21 lineup delays, so your point about the Cayenne Coupe is correct for all I know. I just know he referenced significant delay on the Coupes this year.
I didn’t mean to imply anything regarding your info, which is good, so sorry for it coming across that way.
MVRK (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 06:30 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
I didn’t mean to imply anything regarding your info, which is good, so sorry for it coming across that way.
All good on my end, no harm done! Glad to see everyone vetting this with their combined knowledge, makes it easy to distill true facts from hopeful lip service!
Vintage72 (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 10:46 PM
Brandguy
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjchernis
I've got a 2021 911 sitting at the port in Davisville and my dealer is saying they won't be able to deliver until mid-month. Does anyone have a 2021 yet? For those with orders that have already shipped, what is the earliest delivery dates you are hearing? I know the Siem Confucius was the 2nd boat to arrive here with 2021s onboard--a bunch of cars have been in Davisville for 3 weeks already. Definitely aware of the emission approval issue but wanted to know what others are hearing in terms of timing.

Kills me to think of it sitting out there for days in the pouring rain!

Mark
Read here for more info and theories than you probably wanted (and be happy you are only in for a few weeks -- mine and many others were on the first boats to carry the 2021's back in late August...) https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=247457

Last edited by Brandguy; 10-27-2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: sorry - pasted into wrong thread!
speedyj (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 10:52 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandguy
Read here for more info and theories than you probably wanted (and be happy you are only in for a few weeks -- mine and many others were on the first boats to carry the 2021's back in late August...) https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=247457
since August 18th for me.....0
Old 10-27-2020, 10:55 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

I see people complaining about the delays on their cars... Mine arrived in Houston on 8/19. I have had four delivery to dealer dates. I don’t believe any dates now, except the one when my dealer calls me to come pick up the car. Track your nightmare is useless anymore. Porsche could do a much better job of informing their customers and dealers on what is delaying our cars. I know my dealer is as frustrated as I am. They don’t make money unless they sell cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by inastrangeland:
Knutsm01 (10-28-2020), mdrobc1213 (10-28-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 07:31 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Mine is still projecting getting my car sometime around 13th Nov and that is after having the car released from port (San Diego) after PDI and being reshipped to me here on the island (HI). So 11/6 looks like the release date as they need to re-book shipment with another transoceanic shipper to get my car to them and know the schedules pretty well. Worse case I take delivery mid Nov or right before Thanksgiving...there are much worse problems to deal with in our world currently and I hope to be happy and healthy to take delivery when it arrives. Besides...PCNA and my SA DID especially made it clear when I ordered that my delivery date was ESTIMATED not written in blood/stone. I accepted that when I gave them my cash and order. Will either be a very thankful Thanksgiving or very happy Xmas holidays whenever it arrives.
ryandarr1979 (10-28-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 08:19 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Mine is still projecting getting my car sometime around 13th Nov and that is after having the car released from port (San Diego) after PDI and being reshipped to me here on the island (HI). So 11/6 looks like the release date as they need to re-book shipment with another transoceanic shipper to get my car to them and know the schedules pretty well. Worse case I take delivery mid Nov or right before Thanksgiving...there are much worse problems to deal with in our world currently and I hope to be happy and healthy to take delivery when it arrives. Besides...PCNA and my SA DID especially made it clear when I ordered that my delivery date was ESTIMATED not written in blood/stone. I accepted that when I gave them my cash and order. Will either be a very thankful Thanksgiving or very happy Xmas holidays whenever it arrives.
why would you want to live in HI anyway? If you lived in the mainland you wouldn’t have to go through all that nonsense
Old 10-28-2020, 09:22 AM
tfcoll
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Yesterday I went from being at the Port of Emdem and 38 days to my dealer to this morning at Emdem and to my dealer in 16 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?