Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche07
Actually, a letter from Porsche expressing their apologies and possibly some kind of freebie would greatly satisfy me. Sure, it's a big first world problem, but a problem nonetheless. I find Porsche's lack of communication/information quite unbefitting of a top luxury brand. We're all spending over 100k for these cars and I expect more from the company. I don't go to a Michelin restaurant and expect sh*t service so I would hope that Porsche would be more appreciative and apologetic to their customers. It is also much easier for you to talk as your $150,000 car hasn't been sitting out in the elements for 2-3 months..
I could understand your feelings if this showed an inkling of it being Porsches fault. You know and I know it's not. They are motivated to get the cars to us as fast as possible. I have heard many instances of Porsche communicating with buyers. I have also heard of runors of free maintanance plans for those who have been waiting. I'm not sure what else you want. They are dealing with the same problem as you. If your car isn't perfect becuase it's been sitting at a port, don't take delivery. Porsche isn't going to be interested in delivering defective cars. I don't blame people for being disappointed or upset that cars are delayed. I just find it funny that some think it's Porsche causing the problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by Muhney:
Helios59 (12-05-2020), Russian Mafia (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Actually, a letter from Porsche expressing their apologies and possibly some kind of freebie would greatly satisfy me. Sure, it's a big first world problem, but a problem nonetheless. I find Porsche's lack of communication/information quite unbefitting of a top luxury brand. We're all spending over 100k for these cars and I expect more from the company. I don't go to a Michelin restaurant and expect sh*t service so I would hope that Porsche would be more appreciative and apologetic to their customers. It is also much easier for you to talk as your $150,000 car hasn't been sitting out in the elements for 2-3 months..
I could understand your feelings if this showed an inkling of it being Porsches fault. You know and I know it's not. They are motivated to get the cars to us as fast as possible. I have heard many instances of Porsche communicating with buyers. I have also heard of rumors of free maintanance plans for those who have been waiting. I'm not sure what else you want. They are dealing with the same problem as you. If your car isn't perfect because it's been sitting at a port, don't take delivery. Porsche isn't going to be interested in delivering defective cars. I don't blame people for being disappointed or upset that cars are delayed. I just find it funny that some think it's Porsche causing the problem.

Last edited by Muhney; 12-05-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:34 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
I could understand your feelings if this showed an inkling of it being Porsches fault. You know and I know it's not. They are motivated to get the cars to us as fast as possible. I have heard many instances of Porsche communicating with buyers. I have also heard of rumors of free maintanance plans for those who have been waiting. I'm not sure what else you want. They are dealing with the same problem as you. If your car isn't perfect becuase it's been sitting at a port, don't take delivery. Porsche isn't going to be interested in delivering defective cars. I don't blame people for being disappointed or upset that cars are delayed. I just find it funny that some think it's Porsche causing the problem.
I don't know whose fault it is, but I really don't think it matters. As I said, it is the lack of communication that frustrates me. You said you hear "rumors" of free service. My dealer hasn't mentioned that yet, nor have many others. Why isn't that a known thing amongst all dealers if it is really the case. Porsche should be much more on top of this and should be in communication with the dealers and also the customers.

It is also strange that the rest of the '21 models are CARB certified but not the 911's. Why? Could just be a CARB hold up, but it does give rise to a suspicion that Porsche somehow dropped the ball on the 911's. Not saying that is the case but it does seem odd.
The following users liked this post:
Bluehighways (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 01:45 PM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

A couple of us in TX have cars being held up and it is Porsche’s fault - flagged for “quality action.” Our cars have been at port since the being of October at least, so it seems like plenty of time to get the “quality action” taken care of. This has been frustrating, but it wouldn’t keep me from buying another Porsche. Funny thing is, the last time I ordered a new Porsche was for the 991.1 GT3 - that got delayed because of the engine replacement debacle. So... 2 Porsches ordered, 2 delays because of Porsche. I guess I just don’t have good luck 😉
Vintage72 (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 01:48 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Warren99
A couple of us in TX have cars being held up and it is Porsche’s fault - flagged for “quality action.” Our cars have been at port since the being of October at least, so it seems like plenty of time to get the “quality action” taken care of. This has been frustrating, but it wouldn’t keep me from buying another Porsche. Funny thing is, the last time I ordered a new Porsche was for the 991.1 GT3 - that got delayed because of the engine replacement debacle. So... 2 Porsches ordered, 2 delays because of Porsche. I guess I just don’t have good luck 😉
That stinks, I would certainly have concerns about a quality issue or damage done during transport. That would certainly be Porsches fault, but I also think they would make it right. This is my first 911 order, but I did order my Macan DD in 2018 and had no issues. Good luck with yours.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:56 PM
swingblade
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I review the CARB website every few days (link below) and all of the Nov 13 2020 Porsche and VWGA links have been broken until today. Unfortunately for those on this thread, the 3 Porsche filings are only for some models of Taycans, Cayennes, and Macans. I also checked all of the VWAG links and none were Porsches (although some were Audis, Bentleys and Lamborghinis). I do not know if the public posting of this documentation means CARB release has happened for these cars but it seems promising. Hence, I believe as has been posted this morning that "Porsches" will start rolling on Monday, I am skeptical that the 911 will be included. At a minimum it seems like good progress for Porsche and hopefully for those of us with a 911 stuck at one of the ports.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad.../2021/2021.php

Last edited by swingblade; 12-05-2020 at 02:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by swingblade:
BOSSOB (12-07-2020), Muhney (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 02:03 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Speculation about delays

Originally Posted by Muhney
I could understand your feelings if this showed an inkling of it being Porsches fault. You know and I know it's not....
I welcome being corrected - but I have not yet seen - here or elsewhere - anything in the least bit fact-based which credibly shows responsibility for the delays.

Certainly there have been lots of complaints and whining, attributing responsibility variously to Porsche (or VAG), CARB, Governor Newsom, or President Obama - all without supporting evidence of any kind whatsoever other than personal opinion, baseless speculation, or fantastic fact-free imagination.

I’m all for assigning responsibility when the facts establishing cause are known, but it strikes me personally as foolish to speculate- now - about responsibility in the absence of proven facts.

while that is not to say PCNA could not do a better job at communications job (which they most assuredly could do), I have also seen no evidence that PCNA has been less than forthcoming - with the possible exception that they have not announced the fact that they have insight as to when, whether or why CARB clearance has been delayed (if that is the case).

i would like to have my 992TTS tomorrow (ordered in March), but I have yet to see a proven reason to blame any party or how any complaint here by me might affect any aspect of delivery timing.

The following 2 users liked this post by peterdouglas:
Muhney (12-05-2020), Rare9 (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 02:09 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
I welcome being corrected - but I have not yet seen - here or elsewhere - anything in the least bit fact-based which credibly shows responsibility for the delays.

Certainly there have been lots of complaints and whining, attributing responsibility variously to Porsche (or VAG), CARB, Governor Newsom, or President Obama - all without supporting evidence of any kind whatsoever other than personal opinion, baseless speculation, or fantastic fact-free imagination.

I’m all for assigning responsibility when the facts establishing cause are known, but it strikes me personally as foolish to speculate- now - about responsibility in the absence of proven facts.

while that is not to say PCNA could not do a better job at communications job (which they most assuredly could do), I have also seen no evidence that PCNA has been less than forthcoming - with the possible exception that they have not announced the fact that they have insight as to when, whether or why CARB clearance has been delayed (if that is the case).

i would like to have my 992TTS tomorrow (ordered in March), but I have yet to see a proven reason to blame any party or how any complaint here by me might affect any aspect of delivery timing.
Agreed. No-one knows and I doubt we ever will know, but you definitely cant definitively state that it is not Porsche's fault. My whole point is that I wish Porsche would be more communicative and apologetic for the delays, regardless if it is their fault or not. I'd hope for more from the brand but I guess that is not the case. I feel that this frustration is legitimate but I guess some don't. Also, I have never personally said that I wouldn't buy another Porsche or something because of this. Part of me thinks Porsche knows that their cars are amazing and that people will put up with whatever bs gets in the way and thus they don't feel the need to waste time responding.
Jeremy66 (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 02:17 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Warren99
Porsche CLAIMS that are cars are not wrecked or damaged. They need a "software update" that affects a "run of 911 VINs produced during a specific time frame." Who knows anymore as I have zero faith in Porsche. It will arrive when it arrives but I have made a decision to not accept the car if it is past Christmas. This would have been and still might be my 3rd 911 and 6th Porsche.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:25 PM
The Pinkoboe
Instructor

Received 219 Likes on 71 Posts

It is also strange that the rest of the '21 models are CARB certified but not the 911's. Why? Could just be a CARB hold up, but it does give rise to a suspicion that Porsche somehow dropped the ball on the 911's. Not saying that is the case but it does seem odd.
All of the MY 2021 718 models are in the same situation as the 911 and are being held at ports pending CARB certification.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:27 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Originally Posted by The Pinkoboe
All of the MY 2021 718 models are in the same situation as the 911 and are being held at ports pending CARB certification.
Oh yea. Just odd that some and not others are still uncertified. Like I said, we'll probably never know the truth. Just very frustrating.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:43 PM
mjamesp13
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Porsche Westwood, MA just told me that my car would arrive by end of next week!
Old 12-05-2020, 02:44 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by mjamesp13
Porsche Westwood, MA just told me that my car would arrive by end of next week!
that would be great - did they state/can you find out the source of their information?
Old 12-05-2020, 03:13 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 221 Posts

My central jersey dealer has not heard anything as of yet as it pertains to 911.

As to those that would never buy another Porsche again. Ask any pregnant women whether or not she will have another baby during or immediately after childbirth and you get a horrified no ....and yet none of these women have only one child - with time the memories of the pain and agony fade and the baby smell takes over. I am sure that a glistening 994.1 will have you all salivating. On a serious note though what I have learned from this and Porsches prior lapses is that being the first to order new MY cars is probably a mistake. Wait until the end of the year for a late winter early spring delivery and let the process play out.

Not sure why Porsche has chosen to respond in this way and why communication was so poor but at the end of the day you are buying the car and if the car brings you joy that is what matters
dribar (12-06-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 03:40 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by craig66
My central jersey dealer has not heard anything as of yet as it pertains to 911.

As to those that would never buy another Porsche again. Ask any pregnant women whether or not she will have another baby during or immediately after childbirth and you get a horrified no ....and yet none of these women have only one child - with time the memories of the pain and agony fade and the baby smell takes over. I am sure that a glistening 994.1 will have you all salivating. On a serious note though what I have learned from this and Porsches prior lapses is that being the first to order new MY cars is probably a mistake. Wait until the end of the year for a late winter early spring delivery and let the process play out.

Not sure why Porsche has chosen to respond in this way and why communication was so poor but at the end of the day you are buying the car and if the car brings you joy that is what matters
My first 911 purchase and up until yesterday I was seriously considering backing out of the deal. I had pretty much had my fill of of the delivery charade. Then I spent the day at Porsche Experience Center in Carson. I have never driven a car that had ever come close to the way the C2S performed. So , now I’ll wait. I’m definitely hooked.
The following 2 users liked this post by Babyray:
craig66 (12-05-2020), gymdent (12-05-2020)

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?