Sponsored by:

Sport design Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 10:38 PM
alex98ti
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Dream in PTS
Thanks for your helpful posts. The SportDesign Package was a must-have for me and I skipped front axle lift. But for anyone considering the Aerokit, I'd think FAL would have to get some consideration.
Have been living with sport design for a year now and it rarely scrapes unless the driveway is super tall. Also went with wrapping the lip to break up the massive "shelf" like lip.
Old 05-10-2024, 05:40 PM
Rumpelstiltskin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

My 992 S just arrived at the dealer, and I'm making an appointment for PPF and Ceramic coat. The shop also offers Sliplo installation, so I asked them to add that on to the service. But they said the 992 S front bumper usually has a plastic lip and they can't install Sliplo on plastic. Is this correct? How is everyone adding Sliplo in that case?

Last edited by Rumpelstiltskin; 05-10-2024 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:23 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 827 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin
My 992 S just arrived at the dealer, and I'm making an appointment for PPF and Ceramic coat. The shop also offers Sliplo installation, so I asked them to add that on to the service. But they said the 992 S front bumper usually has a plastic lip and they can't install Sliplo on plastic. Is this correct? How is everyone adding Sliplo in that case?
What? LOL. They can't put it on plastic? Or do they mean that lip? Don't put it on the black plastic but instead on the painted bumper on the left and right side. I actually was able to cut one in half and use each half on either side. I didn't care about scraping the black plastic lip.
On my previous 911, I scraped one of the sides of the bumper, which is painted (where the black lip ends).
Old 05-10-2024, 08:28 PM
Rumpelstiltskin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ikone
What? LOL. They can't put it on plastic? Or do they mean that lip? Don't put it on the black plastic but instead on the painted bumper on the left and right side. I actually was able to cut one in half and use each half on either side. I didn't care about scraping the black plastic lip.
On my previous 911, I scraped one of the sides of the bumper, which is painted (where the black lip ends).
Yes, they'll do the sides (where the lip doesn't extend). But I'm going to go over it in person with them and see why we can't do the entire lip as well.

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2024, 08:29 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

Its not that they can't attach sliplo on plastic but the lowest part on the car is your small plastic frontlip that has no flat surface that sliplo can attach...the lip is literally just a lip sticking out. Attaching sliplo anywhere else want you do any good as that's the lowest part then.
The following users liked this post:
Rumpelstiltskin (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 08:30 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 827 Likes on 412 Posts

Yes, they'll do the sides (where the lip doesn't extend). But I'm going to go over it in person with them and see why we can't do the entire lip as well.

Thanks!
Ok. I think I get it. The lip isn't flat at the bottom, so there is no way to stick it on. Feel it yourself and you'll see. I wouldn't worry about that part though. It's a two part lip and one part that scrapes is easily replaced.
Old 05-10-2024, 10:04 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

Underside of the Sport Design lip.

Old 05-10-2024, 10:41 PM
Rumpelstiltskin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
Underside of the Sport Design lip.

Well, a picture is worth a 1000 words and now I understand why they said it can't be done

Thank you!
Old 05-10-2024, 11:10 PM
SA_992SMT
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

I have one of the versions of the sports design bumper and I used the following for some additional protection. I applied this after lowering my car with Bilstein Coilovers. The thickness is literally the same thickness as the protruding lower lip. As I haven’t scraped yet, I don’t have any feedback on the efficacy in regards to protecting the underside of the lip. The scrapes you see are prior to lowering and were from the first owner of the car

Last edited by SA_992SMT; 05-10-2024 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Sport design Front Lip