Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Sure
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Ordered one! Carrera S Coupe - GT Silver

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL2KPQW9

Order date: 23 Nov.
Lock date: 23 Nov. (there was an existing build slot for a new car which was reconfigured to mine)
Build date: End Dec.
Delivery: End Jan.

I was on the fence about a lot of stuff:
  • Color options I pondered over: Chalk, GT Silver, Black
  • Must have option: ACC (I have on my 991.1 TTS and use it every time on longer drives)
  • Last minute option: Sport design side skirts (Too much money for this - but I think it looks nice)
  • Fun option: Ioniser (probably useless but not expensive and i got one in my kitchen that works well)
  • Removed option: Clear tail lights (I think it looks great on the configurator - but the spy pics of the 992 GTS don't look good IMHO + no way to compare IRL as it is not on any official cars yet)
Also had a hard time deciding on seats - the standard sports seats look better (full leather) but I found the 18-way plus seat more comfortable in the showroom and while driving. Finally decided on 18-way because there should be no compromise on comfort.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:29 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,139 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Sure
Ordered one! Carrera S Coupe - GT Silver

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL2KPQW9

Order date: 23 Nov.
Lock date: 23 Nov. (there was an existing build slot for a new car which was reconfigured to mine)
Build date: End Dec.
Delivery: End Jan.

I was on the fence about a lot of stuff:
  • Color options I pondered over: Chalk, GT Silver, Black
  • Must have option: ACC (I have on my 991.1 TTS and use it every time on longer drives)
  • Last minute option: Sport design side skirts (Too much money for this - but I think it looks nice)
  • Fun option: Ioniser (probably useless but not expensive and i got one in my kitchen that works well)
  • Removed option: Clear tail lights (I think it looks great on the configurator - but the spy pics of the 992 GTS don't look good IMHO + no way to compare IRL as it is not on any official cars yet)
Also had a hard time deciding on seats - the standard sports seats look better (full leather) but I found the 18-way plus seat more comfortable in the showroom and while driving. Finally decided on 18-way because there should be no compromise on comfort.
Porsche's ACC is brilliant. I don't regret that one at all. More people should spec it.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:39 PM
LRG911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 992Sam
anyone else with a car on the Glovis Star .. docking in Columbia now, and due into Benicia CA by the 5th of Dec?
My 911 is on the glovis star as well! I’ve been tracking it, sure a slow ship.

what color did you order? I ended up ordering carrera white metallic but I’m having anxiety over the choice. My first choice was GT silver and ended up switching last minute.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:51 PM
thesasquatch
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LRG911

what color did you order? I ended up ordering carrera white metallic but I’m having anxiety over the choice. My first choice was GT silver and ended up switching last minute.
————
I have to be honest - I’m fairly certain we’ve all gone through that. I just ordered my Aventurine car last week. Went the rounds between GT and white and Av. What it means is that they ALL look amazing. I think we all just think there’s one color that we’ll feel the magic more living with. I just think it depends on the day (per my daily changes based-on my mood before the freeze date)
congrats on your Carrara White it’s gonna be epic.
Anyone else relate?
Old 11-29-2019, 10:56 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by thesasquatch
————
I have to be honest - I’m fairly certain we’ve all gone through that. I just ordered my Aventurine car last week. Went the rounds between GT and white and Av. What it means is that they ALL look amazing. I think we all just think there’s one color that we’ll feel the magic more living with. I just think it depends on the day (per my daily changes based-on my mood before the freeze date)
congrats on your Carrara White it’s gonna be epic.
Anyone else relate?
Ive been pretty open about it a couple times, bounced around between aventurine green and iceland/black interior and then back to white & black/chalk interior. In the end.. you’re going to love the car when you see it. Like seeing your newborn baby lol

Okay maybe not exactly like that.. but pretty close lol you’re going to love it.
The following users liked this post:
thesasquatch (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 02:39 AM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 826 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by LRG911

my build / spec is in my signature .. just type it into the Porsche configurator... it's "Chalk" with black/red interior and YES... yellow accents and seatbelts! I too was anxious, but knowing it's practically a one of a kind and not another black interior makes me very very happy.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:23 PM
jmpstl
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gentian Blue/Black-Red

My build locks Monday for a mid-March delivery. My thanks to the authors of the hundreds (at least) of postings that I've read in order to make my choices. No one at the dealer (or in my family, for that matter) really thinks the red/black interior is quite the right match for a blue car, but - hey - it's my car and I'm not spec-ing for resale!

PLQDB4C5

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLQDB4C5

Last edited by jmpstl; 11-30-2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Missing space before build code.
992Sam (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 08:06 PM
not4one
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

I really like it. A classic color combo...works particuarly well with the red calipers, and you don't see it everywhere. Just make sure you're all-in on the red chrono...right there in your line of sight.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:56 PM
jmpstl
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by not4one
. . . Just make sure you're all-in on the red chrono...right there in your line of sight.
Ha! Red tach and chrono! Pretty sure this is some of the silliest money I have ever spent. But thanks for the support. I did see one other person on the forum who went for it as well.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:50 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by jmpstl
My build locks Monday for a mid-March delivery. My thanks to the authors of the hundreds (at least) of postings that I've read in order to make my choices. No one at the dealer (or in my family, for that matter) really thinks the red/black interior is quite the right match for a blue car, but - hey - it's my car and I'm not spec-ing for resale!

PLQDB4C5

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLQDB4C5
Congrats and love the combo! Although I have to admit I'm biased. My current car below, albeit in dark blue.

The following 2 users liked this post by touringGT3:
jmpstl (12-01-2019), pawlie (12-01-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 12:53 AM
PJSD
Instructor

Received 133 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Peadsw
Waiting for convertible, still deciding on color, agate or gt silver.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLDG2MC8

ordered today.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Zeus Das
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jmpstl
Ha! Red tach and chrono! Pretty sure this is some of the silliest money I have ever spent. But thanks for the support. I did see one other person on the forum who went for it as well.
Yup. Me..
The following 2 users liked this post by Zeus Das:
jmpstl (12-02-2019), wdr911 (12-06-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 04:15 AM
ffm99x
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 19 Posts

I am not officially out of the waiting room. Took delivery Friday in Leipzig with an amazing experience and really great Porsche staff.
Loving it.

992Sam (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 04:17 AM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ffm99x
I am not officially out of the waiting room. Took delivery Friday in Leipzig with an amazing experience and really great Porsche staff.
Loving it.

congratulations!! so beautiful. which color black is that?
Old 12-02-2019, 04:21 AM
ffm99x
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 19 Posts

Should have said a little more.
Jet black metallic
Carrera 4S
Black leather interior

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!