Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 03:17 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 325 Likes on 194 Posts

Just got my allocation on Friday. Wanted a C2S but only a GTS available ... that's a no brainer despite the higher MSRP. Don't really need sport design and I configured configured closer to Targa spec, though its a coupe (leather interior, sun roof, etc). Don't want centerlocks so I went with RS Spyder, but I hate black wheels (its a generational thing). Wheel options so far: 1) paint them, 2) replace them (OEM or aftermarket), or 3) have Porsche make them satin platinum during production (allegedly they're a different spec from the C2S wheels (though its the same SKU at Suncoast for C2S or GTS). Porsche charges $1290 to paint wheels in the configurator. To paint them as "Exclusive Manufactur" is $4500+. Crazy. I think its a manufacturing issue, its just too hard to put C2S wheels on a GTS in their production line cycle. Sigh. Ah, but the car will be magnificent, no matter what the solution.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:22 PM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 261 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyedan
remember me...I still think you have some buckeye in you. LOL looks fantastic. What color is that? Scarlet with gray interior???

Considering custom plates

Old 04-18-2022, 09:22 PM
992gts
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 112 Posts

Happy day - now I have to wait a week before it can go to PPF so I will hold off driving. I may get some pics in next few days.

The following users liked this post:
Fullyield (04-19-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 09:48 PM
meanderson
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 992 911 GTS Coupe

Hello everyone,
Although maybe a little premature, I am entering the Official Waiting Room regarding my order. I wanted to provide some prospective for new owners with my recent experience in trying to order a new GTS. I live in Albuquerque, NM, so there is only 1 dealership in NM. As indicated in numerous posts, this ABQ dealership "owns the market" and indicated to me that there was already a waiting list of about 80 for an allocation on new 911s. The SA was also not shy in saying right away that their mark-up is an automatic $10k. However, they have only received a few allocations so far this year. The SA indicated that the wait could likely be up to 2 years. Therefore, I assume the more you pay over MSRP, you will likely decrease your wait time. I gave the SA my information to get me on the list. I then proceeded to contact out-of-state higher volume dealerships near me. Several wanted $10k-$20k mark-up to get the wait time at about 1 year. However, they informed me that they were not going to place orders for non-locals/non-residents at this time. I then proceeded to contact dealerships in CO where I grew up. A couple dealerships indicated the same conditions of the Market. However, 1 dealership wanted to try to help me. He was also up front with me about only local orders and asked me if I had any local ties to CO. I told him that I recently was "willed" my Dad's house (the house I grew up in) after his passing about 1 year ago and that I owned this property and do business (banking accounts) in CO. The SA agreed to work with me since I owned this local property and we would initially structure the order to use the local residence address. He told me that he would not charge a mark-up, but it could be a few months until they get an allocation and I would need to be patient. He would also need about a 5% deposit and my Porsche configuration code. However, he also indicated that we can set a reasonable time frame of about 1 year and if we don't have an allocation and a car ordered by then, the deposit would be fully refundable. I gave him my information and he is planning to put in the Order Demand in tomorrow. He seems like a very reputable and honest SA and that appears to be the same for this dealership. I will keep you updated on my progress.
The following 2 users liked this post by meanderson:
987981 (04-19-2022), German1967 (04-19-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 10:14 PM
buckeyedan
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBlue!
Considering custom plates

good one. I was thinking about 17 to 3 to represent the last 20 games
Old 04-18-2022, 11:19 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

She will go directly for the paint correction, PPF and ceramic - hopefully tomorrow. If all goes as planned, I should be able to pick her up Friday afternoon or Saturday. My SA promises lots of pics tomorrow!
Old 04-19-2022, 04:12 PM
DodoBird
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

I have a couple questions for this group:
1. For those still awaiting production/delivery like myself, have any of you had their delivery dates pushed back? I have a C2 estimated build date of 5/6 and an estimated delivery date of 7/15. My SA has confirmed that these are the same dates he sees in his internal system and consistent with what shows in my TYD. Just curious if someone had a more recent production date (e.g., sometime past the 3/31 deadline mentioned in this memo) where their vehicle was built on or near their scheduled production date?
2. If this memo hasn't been debunked, can someone explain the bolded/underlined sentence in the middle? It makes no sense to me - grammatically or semantically.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:22 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,439 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBird
I have a couple questions for this group:
1. For those still awaiting production/delivery like myself, have any of you had their delivery dates pushed back? I have a C2 estimated build date of 5/6 and an estimated delivery date of 7/15. My SA has confirmed that these are the same dates he sees in his internal system and consistent with what shows in my TYD. Just curious if someone had a more recent production date (e.g., sometime past the 3/31 deadline mentioned in this memo) where their vehicle was built on or near their scheduled production date?
2. If this memo hasn't been debunked, can someone explain the bolded/underlined sentence in the middle? It makes no sense to me - grammatically or semantically.

My 992 S estimated production start and production end (CP 8.0) dates in TYD were April 8 & 15. My actual start and end dates in TYD were April 9 & 13. My car is currently en route to the port of Emden for transport. My TYD dates have all been accurate….so far….. My delivery date in TYD has not changed.

Taycan, Macan and Panamera production was temporarily halted for awhile according to news reports. 911 and 718 production was never stopped to my knowledge.

Last edited by Fullyield; 04-19-2022 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:33 PM
kim9701
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts

My C2 is currently in production (started on 4/15) and is scheduled to complete CP8.0 on this Friday (4/22). This schedule has been fairly static, but my scheduled delivery date was pushed out recently by one week to 6/10.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:54 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,020 Likes on 2,017 Posts

That memo is trash, and even the OP from latin America that posted it, deleted it.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:15 PM
DodoBird
Instructor

Nice to hear! Hoping the rest of your car's journey goes smoothly too.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:17 PM
DodoBird
Instructor

Originally Posted by shrimp money
That memo is trash, and even the OP from latin America that posted it, deleted it.
My money was it was "trash" too...I guess it got circulated so often that it took on a life of its own.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:33 PM
alvitdk
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by meanderson
Hello everyone,
Although maybe a little premature, I am entering the Official Waiting Room regarding my order. I wanted to provide some prospective for new owners with my recent experience in trying to order a new GTS. I live in Albuquerque, NM, so there is only 1 dealership in NM. As indicated in numerous posts, this ABQ dealership "owns the market" and indicated to me that there was already a waiting list of about 80 for an allocation on new 911s. The SA was also not shy in saying right away that their mark-up is an automatic $10k. However, they have only received a few allocations so far this year. The SA indicated that the wait could likely be up to 2 years. Therefore, I assume the more you pay over MSRP, you will likely decrease your wait time. I gave the SA my information to get me on the list. I then proceeded to contact out-of-state higher volume dealerships near me. Several wanted $10k-$20k mark-up to get the wait time at about 1 year. However, they informed me that they were not going to place orders for non-locals/non-residents at this time. I then proceeded to contact dealerships in CO where I grew up. A couple dealerships indicated the same conditions of the Market. However, 1 dealership wanted to try to help me. He was also up front with me about only local orders and asked me if I had any local ties to CO. I told him that I recently was "willed" my Dad's house (the house I grew up in) after his passing about 1 year ago and that I owned this property and do business (banking accounts) in CO. The SA agreed to work with me since I owned this local property and we would initially structure the order to use the local residence address. He told me that he would not charge a mark-up, but it could be a few months until they get an allocation and I would need to be patient. He would also need about a 5% deposit and my Porsche configuration code. However, he also indicated that we can set a reasonable time frame of about 1 year and if we don't have an allocation and a car ordered by then, the deposit would be fully refundable. I gave him my information and he is planning to put in the Order Demand in tomorrow. He seems like a very reputable and honest SA and that appears to be the same for this dealership. I will keep you updated on my progress.
Same here, tried ordering in Austin and San Antonio, $25k automatic market adjustment. Glad we own apartments in NJ and NY, contacted those dealers nearby, are on the waitlist, and no upcharge for local residents. Still about 1 Year wait though...but enjoying my 981 till then...
Old 04-19-2022, 07:38 PM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 261 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBlue!
April 17 2021 Order Demand
December 28 2021 Allocaiton
Feburary 7 2022 Lock Date (est)
April 29 2022 Dealer Delivery (est)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYTVIY4

Time for me to officially check out. Took delivery today! Good luck to those still waiting or those that have yet to begin the journey.

The following 12 users liked this post by GoBlue!:
alvitdk (04-19-2022), BAreaTransplant (04-21-2022), famous shoes (04-19-2022), Fullyield (04-20-2022), German1967 (04-19-2022), Hadlyme (04-19-2022), M3Inline6 (04-20-2022), MassMPG (04-19-2022), Rich M (04-20-2022), ron4sc (04-30-2022), slc4s (04-20-2022), TripleL (04-20-2022) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-20-2022, 12:52 PM
Stephen21
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fullyield
My 992 S estimated production start and production end (CP 8.0) dates in TYD were April 8 & 15. My actual start and end dates in TYD were April 9 & 13. My car is currently en route to the port of Emden for transport. My TYD dates have all been accurate….so far….. My delivery date in TYD has not changed.

Taycan, Macan and Panamera production was temporarily halted for awhile according to news reports. 911 and 718 production was never stopped to my knowledge.
I got the original notification that my car was scheduled for production on March 17, Got the VIN the following day. My dealer confirmed that the car entered production on April 1st and was completed on April 5th and that it is now at the port (assuming Emden).

However, the app still showing step 2 (scheduled for production) and I haven't received any of the production pictures.

Anyone is in the same situation?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!