Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 08:56 PM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

My car arrived today at Porsche Burlingame. Also saw a Targa 4S get delivered too.

TYD shows arrival at dealer now.
The following users liked this post:
robert310 (12-05-2021)
Old 12-04-2021, 11:47 PM
bob78h
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by robert310
Porsche of Monterey received a bunch of cars . I saw two other 911s .
Originally Posted by frankchn
My car arrived today at Porsche Burlingame. Also saw a Targa 4S get delivered too.

TYD shows arrival at dealer now.
Congrats guys! I'm still waiting but I expect it shouldn't be more than another couple of days.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:49 PM
jhardy
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 83 Posts

[QUOTE=ctdubl07;17811779]
Originally Posted by InTheClouds
I’m almost ready to leave this waiting room! My C4S (Gentian Blue on Slate Grey) was delivered to the dealer last night. It is still awaiting PDI and registration, so I will officially take delivery in a few more days. Here is a full synopsis of my journey as a reference for others:

TYD Dates:

07/26: Allocation/Deposit/TYD Enabled

09/29: Change Freeze Point Reached

10/15: Scheduled for Production

10/28: Start Production

11/04: Production Complete

11/04: Ready for Transport

11/05: In Transit to Emden Port

11/08: Arrival Emden Port/Reached Phase “3/4” and three TYD Pictures available

11/10: On Vessel (Siem Cicero)

[TYD and Overview pages never updated again once it hit “On Vessel”]

11/22: At Destination Port (Davisville)

11/26: Arrived at Dealer

Dealer/Delivery Notes:
  • No ADM, but did compromise with GM to finance with PFS for 4 months @ 4.99% APR
  • No mention of ROFR (or any other bait-and-switch tactics) when signing all the dealership papers
  • Pirelli P-Zero tires installed on my Carrera Classics
  • Both key fobs were on keyring
  • Electronic steering column in place
________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________

Curious, when did you initiate the conversation with P Norwell? ie confirm you wanted a car and sign paperwork and did you put down a small deposit at that time? (I dont want to assume you walked in on 7/26, they had an allocation at the ready and all was done immediately)
Just looking for frame of reference as I gave my dealer a build code and small deposit in May. thanks!
Wow - 22 days from production complete to delivery?! My production was completed on 12/3 but TYD is estimating 2/11 for delivery. Is it possible I’ll receive earlier than? Or did you find the delivery estimate accurate? TYD says vehicle is “ready for transport”.
thomd (12-05-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 09:36 PM
InTheClouds
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07

Wow - 22 days from production complete to delivery?! My production was completed on 12/3 but TYD is estimating 2/11 for delivery. Is it possible I’ll receive earlier than? Or did you find the delivery estimate accurate? TYD says vehicle is “ready for transport”.
TYD Delivery Estimate for me was definitely NOT accurate. My car arrived at the dealer nearly 30 days ahead of the TYD ETA (11/25 actual vs 12/24 estimated). As I stated in my post, TYD updates seemed to completely go intermittent at best, after Production Complete. Many days of lagged updates… by the time my car was half way across the Atlantic, TYD was still showing “At Emden Port”. Then by the time I saw my car in the flesh at the dealer, TYD still showed On Vessel.

SO… I have hope that you may be in the same boat and will receive much sooner than TYD ETA! Good luck.

———————

That reminds me… it is time for me to officially sign off from this thread! My car is received and orange markers changed to clear

Good luck everyone, having this thread as a support group was extremely helpful to say the least.

The following 3 users liked this post by InTheClouds:
achilleas101 (12-06-2021), German1967 (12-05-2021), jeffclevenger (12-05-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 12:06 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

all righty, i finally got my C4S on Friday at PEC ATL and drove it home! Was a bit of anxiety inducing drive though - the alarm kept triggering every time i locked the car (as if I wasn't already paranoid enough about it, first time i let it out of my sight at a rest stop, go to use the bathroom and come out to it blaring... eesh), but i think i figured that out (my Allstate Milewise ODBII device seems to trigger something since it i guess communicates when the car first shuts down.. posted in another thread about it).

PEC ATL was great, definitely recommend it, and definitely recommend taking the pro driver on his offer to do a demo lap at the end. Holy crap. You really get an idea of what the car can do (also funny that i understand why they do that at the end - because if you see what THEY can do with it, some folks will try it and wreck a bunch of cars ).

Last edited by achilleas101; 12-06-2021 at 12:09 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by achilleas101:
German1967 (12-06-2021), Go Bruins (12-06-2021), neiltgray (12-06-2021), pfelsen (12-06-2021), R0llTideEsq (12-06-2021), spenceratx (12-06-2021), thomd (12-06-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-06-2021, 12:15 PM
spenceratx
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by achilleas101
all righty, i finally got my C4S on Friday at PEC ATL and drove it home! Was a bit of anxiety inducing drive though - the alarm kept triggering every time i locked the car (as if I wasn't already paranoid enough about it, first time i let it out of my sight at a rest stop, go to use the bathroom and come out to it blaring... eesh), but i think i figured that out (my Allstate Milewise ODBII device seems to trigger something since it i guess communicates when the car first shuts down.. posted in another thread about it).

PEC ATL was great, definitely recommend it, and definitely recommend taking the pro driver on his offer to do a demo lap at the end. Holy crap. You really get an idea of what the car can do (also funny that i understand why they do that at the end - because if you see what THEY can do with it, some folks will try it and wreck a bunch of cars ).

That is a great looking car. I should look into getting one like that...
The following 2 users liked this post by spenceratx:
achilleas101 (12-06-2021), neiltgray (12-07-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 12:16 PM
spenceratx
Intermediate

Originally Posted by InTheClouds
TYD Delivery Estimate for me was definitely NOT accurate. My car arrived at the dealer nearly 30 days ahead of the TYD ETA (11/25 actual vs 12/24 estimated). As I stated in my post, TYD updates seemed to completely go intermittent at best, after Production Complete. Many days of lagged updates… by the time my car was half way across the Atlantic, TYD was still showing “At Emden Port”. Then by the time I saw my car in the flesh at the dealer, TYD still showed On Vessel.

SO… I have hope that you may be in the same boat and will receive much sooner than TYD ETA! Good luck.

———————

That reminds me… it is time for me to officially sign off from this thread! My car is received and orange markers changed to clear

Good luck everyone, having this thread as a support group was extremely helpful to say the least.

May I ask what those clear indicators set you back? ~$150?
Old 12-06-2021, 12:31 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

I am also VERY close to bowing out of this thread. SA notified me that mine I on a truck to Dallas from port in Houston. Picking up Wednesday morning. Hoping to get my BlendMount MirrorTap before I go get it. Would love to have their service guys install the for me before I drive away. Hoping they would not charge me for that.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:17 PM
Huddo
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by thomd
I am also VERY close to bowing out of this thread. SA notified me that mine I on a truck to Dallas from port in Houston. Picking up Wednesday morning. Hoping to get my BlendMount MirrorTap before I go get it. Would love to have their service guys install the for me before I drive away. Hoping they would not charge me for that.
Congrats! I would advise you to at least discuss the installation of the mirror tap before you show up on collection day. My dealer was so busy on the service side they said no way could I show up on collection day with my winter tires and have the swap done there and then. I had to drop them off the week before so they could get it all done as part of the pre-delivery work. Just a heads up to avoid disappointment on the big day.
thomd (12-06-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 01:18 PM
TR772
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm either on a boat in the north Atlantic or sitting at a lonely port for the next 20 days. No idea which....
Old 12-06-2021, 02:01 PM
thomd
Advanced

Originally Posted by Huddo
Congrats! I would advise you to at least discuss the installation of the mirror tap before you show up on collection day. My dealer was so busy on the service side they said no way could I show up on collection day with my winter tires and have the swap done there and then. I had to drop them off the week before so they could get it all done as part of the pre-delivery work. Just a heads up to avoid disappointment on the big day.
Good suggestion. Going to wait and see if I even get it before I head to Dallas. I installed my last one, but a little leery about tearing apart a $150k car on day one. On my Macan that top console piece is impossible to get out without destroying the little clips. Hoping 992 is easier.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:04 PM
Huddo
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

Good suggestion. Going to wait and see if I even get it before I head to Dallas. I installed my last one, but a little leery about tearing apart a $150k car on day one. On my Macan that top console piece is impossible to get out without destroying the little clips. Hoping 992 is easier.
I'm interested in doing a mirror tap too. Perhaps when you're done you'd let me know the parts you got, particularly the actual bits to tap in inside the mirror to connect to the power. Had a quick look and had no idea which connectors to get and I don't want to mess it up!
Old 12-06-2021, 02:11 PM
thomd
Advanced

Originally Posted by Huddo
I'm interested in doing a mirror tap too. Perhaps when you're done you'd let me know the parts you got, particularly the actual bits to tap in inside the mirror to connect to the power. Had a quick look and had no idea which connectors to get and I don't want to mess it up!
For the 992 they suggest two different one. I have purchase the one before with the variety of connectors, but this time opted for the one that seems to know it will work on the 992. Hope they are right! For the BlendMount, they say their are two different mirrors that can be on the 992. I DO NOT believe this, but will wait to order till I lay eyes on mine. Will use the suction mount till then. Just found this too...

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1185...radar-etc.html
Huddo (12-06-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 02:31 PM
spenceratx
Intermediate

good point. Wait until day #2
thomd (12-06-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 02:40 PM
luckycanine
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Glovis chorus and enroute to dealer now
robert310 (12-06-2021)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!