Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2023, 06:15 PM
jbl16
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Just J
Well, the Demeter Leader just left the dock and does have a history of stopping at Baltimore, so that's a possibility, though she's currently headed to Southampton in England. The only other possibility would be the Neptune Hellas, but her history doesn't seem to include trips to North America. So if you're not on the Demeter Leader, then I would say it's the 17th at the earliest, since the ship would have to put into port and then spend a couple of days loading before departure, and there don't seem to be any ships of the proper type close by.
Can only hope...
Old 07-13-2023, 06:27 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 414 Posts

My dates changed for the better an hour ago. I fully expect to see the completion date tomorrow morning when I wake up. The actual dates in my dealers computer also changed for the better reflecting the same thing. It’s funny that they show the car getting to the port on the 21st and leaving the port on the 22nd. Lol. We shall see. Either way I’m just happy it’s going to be finished tomorrow. That means there are no part shortages or software problems.
The following users liked this post:
Billy Bluejay (07-14-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 06:47 PM
robopp
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Snoopy2000
I chatted with my SA. His info said there should be a ship leaving around 7/14 to Baltimore. Hopefully, mine will make it. Just info for others that may be awaiting transport to Baltimore.
As others have said - not happening. He's probably seeing 7/14 for a departure date, but doesn't realize that's a completely made up date and will slip on Monday. Ask me how I know.
Just J (07-13-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 07:48 PM
SilveR316
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by robopp
As others have said - not happening. He's probably seeing 7/14 for a departure date, but doesn't realize that's a completely made up date and will slip on Monday. Ask me how I know.
Not entirely true. I'm not sure about this particular date, but there are other ships that aren't on the schedule. For example, I was supposed to leave port by July 1st. The next available ship on the schedule leaves port on July 14th, but I actually left port on July 7th on a boat that was not on any schedules (Lake Wanaka).
Patton250 (07-13-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 08:59 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SilveR316
Not entirely true. I'm not sure about this particular date, but there are other ships that aren't on the schedule. For example, I was supposed to leave port by July 1st. The next available ship on the schedule leaves port on July 14th, but I actually left port on July 7th on a boat that was not on any schedules (Lake Wanaka).
Pessimism seems to be the order of the day on this thread. It’s a bit depressing.

I agree with you. It’s better to be optimistic.
Old 07-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

This is the latest schedule I've seen. Someone posted it in the 992 GT3 forum. Also, keep in mind this list isn't exhaustive. For example, my GTS is on Lake Wanaka currently headed for Halifax and then who knows where. This boat isn't on schedule that I've seen.
where do you even find something like this?
Old 07-13-2023, 09:48 PM
SilveR316
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
where do you even find something like this?
Usually someone else posts them, but I think I've seen it mentioned that you can email contacts listed on the schedule to get an updated one.

You can also supposedly find them here, but it looks like the schedule is very old and hasn't been updated in a few months.

https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm
Old 07-13-2023, 10:05 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Usually someone else posts them, but I think I've seen it mentioned that you can email contacts listed on the schedule to get an updated one.

You can also supposedly find them here, but it looks like the schedule is very old and hasn't been updated in a few months.

https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm
I found that link through Google also. However, when you follow the process all it does is give you the schedule for March. somebody must know how to get an updated schedule week by week.
Old 07-13-2023, 10:14 PM
robopp
Instructor

Pessimism seems to be the order of the day on this thread. It’s a bit depressing.

I agree with you. It’s better to be optimistic.
Sit at Emden since 5/8 meanwhile cars are getting to port after you, going to the same US port, and getting onto boats before you and tell me how you’d feel. Meanwhile Porsche is clueless and can’t give me any answers.
The following 2 users liked this post by robopp:
jbl16 (07-14-2023), Just J (07-13-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 10:15 PM
robopp
Instructor

I’m looking at the Emden schedule, not the VW schedule. There are no boats going to Jacksonville for the next week
Old 07-13-2023, 10:22 PM
highedu
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The your manufacturing of your Porsche is starting soon date was yesterday but I don’t see a checkmark next to it. This doesn’t sound like a real milestone since the manufacturing start date is about a week out.

i would have thought the starting soon would have had a check mark next to it since the date has come and gone? Is this what others have experienced? Is there are significance to the starting soon milestone date such that if it’s not checked it means something is delayed?
Old 07-13-2023, 10:54 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by highedu
The your manufacturing of your Porsche is starting soon date was yesterday but I don’t see a checkmark next to it. This doesn’t sound like a real milestone since the manufacturing start date is about a week out.

i would have thought the starting soon would have had a check mark next to it since the date has come and gone? Is this what others have experienced? Is there are significance to the starting soon milestone date such that if it’s not checked it means something is delayed?
You should get your VIN once that step is completed. Will show up under your commission number.

Mine also took a few extra days. The dates on TYD are all estimates :P In my case, the freeze date, build starting soon, build started, build completed steps were all updated within a few days after the original dates that TYD was showing.
Old 07-13-2023, 10:56 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

I found that link through Google also. However, when you follow the process all it does is give you the schedule for March. somebody must know how to get an updated schedule week by week.
Just email the lady on the PDF (Ingrid), there's a thread in the GT3 forum. She responded the next business day when I asked a few days ago.
Old 07-14-2023, 01:14 AM
Sam L
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
Yea, I see that. Our cars must be sitting in the lot at San Diego now (or if not, we got a huge problem lol). Refreshing TYD now as if it’ll make any difference!!

No Porsche but sure looks nice and must be making the wait much easier. Funny from that angle and at a quick glance, I almost thought it was an Aston Martin!
@SS22 I got an update this morning at 10:40am ish that my TYD has a new update and sure enough it now says "Your Porsche has arrived at the local entry port"! Hope yours got updated too.

Now crossing fingers that it'll go through customs quickly!
Old 07-14-2023, 01:37 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by highedu

The check mark just means that that step is complete and the car is in the next step. So once manufacturing actually starts, "starting soon" will get the check and "has now started" will be bold. Once manufacturing is complete, "has now started" will get the check and "is complete" will be bold.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!