Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2023 | 01:09 PM
Sam L
Intermediate

Originally Posted by electricborn
What happens once the car exits the boat and arrives at the local entry point?

Mine arrived at Houston on 6/29 and has been stuck on that step, so I'm curious if it's just sitting in a container in Houston, of if there's more being done behind the scenes.
@electricborn I bet you it's sitting outside at the port. You can see the parking lot with Google Earth actually.
Old 07-14-2023 | 03:42 PM
brakedust
Advanced

'24 tts was initially indicated as complete july 10. at the time the schedule showed it being delivered early august. on july 11 the delivery date changed to oct. 2. my best guess is that there was a problem in testing/qc that added ~2 months to complete production. anyone else have an insight into what might have happened?
Old 07-14-2023 | 03:54 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by robopp
Fair points. I'm definitely jaded and should probably tone it down/be less active in this thread. I will say that the 7/14 not happening is not pessimism, it's reality. There are no ships at Emden going to the US. Also, I'm not so sure about dealerships knowing more than posters on this thread aside from their own data points, just like us. Anyways, it's moot - I get your point and you're right. I'm a very positive person in real life. I honestly just want an answer for why my car keeps getting passed up. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever get that answer, but I will eventually get my car so all of this will be history soon enough.

I appreciate the feedback.
no worries man. Are appreciate your response. just keep in mind sometimes bad luck happens but that doesn’t mean it happens to everyone all the time. I’m sure 95% of the people are getting their cars loaded up on the ships within a week. I’m also sure 99.9% of the people don’t have any technical issues with their cars. But we’re definitely going to hear about the bad stories here in this forum. That’s why most of the people on these type of threads never come back again once they get their cars. They’re only here to get information and/or voice frustration.
Old 07-14-2023 | 04:00 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brakedust

'24 tts was initially indicated as complete july 10. at the time the schedule showed it being delivered early august. on july 11 the delivery date changed to oct. 2. my best guess is that there was a problem in testing/qc that added ~2 months to complete production. anyone else have an insight into what might have happened?
My TTS just got completed yesterday (originally scheduled to be completed 7/21) and I got the notice today it’s on the way to the port. So my dates moved up by a week. Also, my delivery date got shortened by two weeks. Those date changes happened yesterday. My TTS is fully loaded with everything you can put in it minus all the extra leather stuff. So I’m sure there are no parts shortages at least electronics or engine parts. I hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
brakedust (07-18-2023)
Old 07-14-2023 | 04:11 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shayan30
My car arrived to Davisville on the 6/26 and is still stuck there. Another user in this thread is experiencing the same so not sure if there is a backlog or we just got unlucky.
Sucks because I see users who have cars coming in at other US ports getting to the dealer within a few days from the port. Hoping you get lucky at Davisville! Keep us posted
Thanks for letting me know. My car arrived Davisville on Wednesday and neither I or my dealer have heard anything yet about trucks leaving RI to deliver to Westwood. Fingers crossed it moves along.
My car is a European Delivery car, so I think the process should be faster because I was told it already cleared customs... but that could be wrong.

Last edited by toph4242; 07-14-2023 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2023 | 05:17 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sam L
@SS22 My dates for Step 10 and 11 have been 7/20/2023 for awhile ever since it got on the ship and it changed to 7/19/2023 when I got the update for Step 9. I bet by default, they add 30 days to when it leaves the German port and adds 7 days to when it arrives at a local port. Also, I bet you this is all done by hand and the person who updated yours probably forgot to update the Step 10 and 11 updates.

Let's keep each other up to date for when it heads to the dealer! Btw I don't have this thread subscribed because it's such a big thread, so if you mention me using @ I'll get the notification sooner. If you forget, it's fine too. I'll update you when mine gets updated.
@Sam L interesting that your date changes one day earlier to 7/19/23 for the last step. My steps 10/11 show 6/6/23 which makes no sense. Oh well, I just hope we can get on a truck soon. I haven’t heard anything from my dealer yet. With my other Porsche, dealer was notified when the car was released for transport. My guess is that our cars haven’t yet been released for transport (maybe customs or port inspection is holding it up). But with every passing day, I’m getting more excited!!
Sam L (07-15-2023)
Old 07-14-2023 | 08:44 PM
jamesr2
Intermediate

My car is currently at Davisville port. I am kinda worried that there will be severe heavy rains over the weekend. Hope storm doesnt damage a car.
Old 07-14-2023 | 08:52 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jamesr2
My car is currently at Davisville port. I am kinda worried that there will be severe heavy rains over the weekend. Hope storm doesnt damage a car.
Do you think it’s parked with the top down or the windows open?
Old 07-14-2023 | 08:58 PM
jamesr2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cartod
I am worried only after I saw this news header

"historic flooding as storm slams Northeast"

the weather forecast of thunder storm again (for davisville too) makes me think it would not good for cars parked right at the port if there really is crazy storm for consecutive days.
electricborn (07-15-2023)
Old 07-14-2023 | 08:59 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cartod
There's this thing called "hail". Also, wind can blow all kinds of crap around and smash it into parked cars.
Old 07-15-2023 | 12:04 AM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Just J
There's this thing called "hail". Also, wind can blow all kinds of crap around and smash it into parked cars.
Thanks J. This thread officially jumped the shark.

Last edited by Cartod; 07-15-2023 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-15-2023 | 12:56 AM
Shayan30
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
Thanks for letting me know. My car arrived Davisville on Wednesday and neither I or my dealer have heard anything yet about trucks leaving RI to deliver to Westwood. Fingers crossed it moves along.
My car is a European Delivery car, so I think the process should be faster because I was told it already cleared customs... but that could be wrong.
I think you may be good then since it’s a euro delivery car.

I spoke to my dealer today and the system still shows my car is in PDI. He said if it was damaged, he would’ve been notified and the system would’ve shown it being in the body shop which isn’t the case.

Most likely it’s missing some part/s that needs to be installed so it’s a waiting game. Even his system still shows 7/7 delivery and my TYD hasn’t updated from 7/3.
Old 07-15-2023 | 01:12 AM
jamesr2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shayan30
I think you may be good then since it’s a euro delivery car.

I spoke to my dealer today and the system still shows my car is in PDI. He said if it was damaged, he would’ve been notified and the system would’ve shown it being in the body shop which isn’t the case.

Most likely it’s missing some part/s that needs to be installed so it’s a waiting game. Even his system still shows 7/7 delivery and my TYD hasn’t updated from 7/3.

hi, would you tell me what makes euro delivery different than others? I myself paid extra for euro delivery as well ,tBH i dont even know why I chose euro delivery :/
Old 07-15-2023 | 01:44 AM
tbridge
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jamesr2
hi, would you tell me what makes euro delivery different than others? I myself paid extra for euro delivery as well ,tBH i dont even know why I chose euro delivery :/
European Delivery means you take delivery of your car in Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen.
Old 07-15-2023 | 02:55 AM
highedu
Advanced

Originally Posted by brakedust

likely the summer shutdown
brakedust (07-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!