Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Two Killed in 140-MPH Crash Involving Porsche 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 10:52 PM
ILL_SMO_Q
Racer

Received 228 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Ull
HYpothetically, If someone like me were to drive from 100-180mph in a 992 s cab it's probably on roads that are driven so regularly that they know them like the back of their hand.

Can hypothetically go 150+ with the top down for miles and miles with no issues because doing it on roads that are experienced.

Moronic to drive faster than 80-120 on roads you don't know. and this is coming from a moron who has hypothetically blasted through an LA freeway, the first time there, mid day and night with plenty of traffic, at 130mph, with 4 bald tires. Nothing happened to this hypothetical moron but in hindsight it's not really a great idea is it.
Fellow 992 TS Cab owner... and hypothetical moron too... Just be careful, I have 5000+ miles on my 992, and while it performs perfectly 99.9999999% of the time (so much so that it has yet to leave me hanging), I know when that .000000000001 time occurs, it might be GAME OVER.. I love this car more than every other car I have owned (save one Lamborghini), but I know its ability to do things car's shouldnt be allowed to do (crazy acceleration, and cornering), means I trust it to much... until that one time it breaks the trust.

Just be careful. I have plans of selling my Turbo S Cab, either for a GT3 RS (if I am so lucky), or a 2023 TS Coupe (for me and my passangers protection should the unthinkable happen). I have never been worried in a convertible/Roadster before, but what this car is capable of puts it in a league of performance that should concern even seasoned 'morons'. I let my ego push me to do things in this car, I wouldnt normally do.. because it does it so effortlessly... I want to be cautious not to end up as 'just another moron'
Be safe out there..
The following 3 users liked this post by ILL_SMO_Q:
EXFIB (09-26-2022), Sprintrider (09-26-2022), Ull (09-27-2022)

Quick Reply: Two Killed in 140-MPH Crash Involving Porsche 911 Turbo