Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 07:28 PM
UTPorsche
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
7000 DA????? If so, where is this?

Or did you mean, actual Elevation?
DA, yes. I'm in Utah. Altitude here is about 4900 feet over sea level.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 04:50 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,564 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by UTPorsche
I am using the M-engineering platform.
I started with high-flow cats and a tune (Stage 1).
I'm currently running a stage 4 tune / setup (exhaust, upgraded turbos, intercoolers & methanol).
This is a comparison video of the stock 992 TTS vs the Stage1 & Stage 4 992 TTS up to 150 mph. DA about 7K, temp in the 60-70's, same location & all on 91 octane.

https://youtu.be/5RJYXk4QQb8

Here's a video of a half mile run. Looking at trap speed it's making some solid power. My understanding is that we're limited at this point by the transmission (specifically clutch pressure). There's still a lot of room in this car to turn things up once that's sorted. Fyi- the clink noise in the beginning of the video is just my keys.

https://youtu.be/fhdrG-zvRrQ

I think this is a solid tuning platform (certainly in its early stages though). I've been working with Sam & Mitch- solid dudes.
Awesome video, thanks for sharing your experience thus-far. Looking forward to the future of this platform.
NigelPlays (09-15-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 02:34 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,292 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by LEVELperformance
I hope I do not interfere M-team with my answer in their thread. Speaking about stock numbers only.

We had some TT and TTs on the dyno and i wanted to share actual difference between them. Turbo wheels sizes are actually different. Conditions are a bit different too, so i added
​to the image. Numbers are from Dynojet dyno.
I presume this is wheel hp?
Old 09-16-2021, 02:50 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Pad Bender
I presume this is wheel hp?
would certainly seem to be whp, since the poster states stock configuration and hp and torque are less than Porsche reported data.

Last edited by peterdouglas; 09-16-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:32 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Seems consistent that its WHP...I think mustang dynos give the "heartbreak" measurements, which are usually lower than expected.

Again...so many variables, but higher than Porsche advertised CHP readings (WHP x 1.15) would be consistent with the stock performance of this platform.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:37 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Seems consistent that its WHP...I think mustang dynos give the "heartbreak" measurements, which are usually lower than expected.

Again...so many variables, but higher than Porsche advertised CHP readings (WHP x 1.15) would be consistent with the stock performance of this platform.
correct - see previous message responding to your question on this subject.

since the poster clearly stated the two tests were of stock configuration, what “variables” are you referring to?

Last edited by peterdouglas; 09-16-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:01 PM
JuanilloTurboS
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello,

Question, ordered full exhaust from fab speed, thinking about headers also… are these parameters factored into the tune?

In other words is is required or better to get all the other after market upgrades before I place an order?

Is each tune specific to what other upgrades have been done?

Just trying to get clarity.

Old 09-17-2021, 01:28 AM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
correct - see previous message responding to your question on this subject.

since the poster clearly stated the two tests were of stock configuration, what “variables” are you referring to?
I understood it was stock. Just make a reference point to Porsche advertised numbers of 572/640 CHP. If these are WHP, then these cars are putting out more than advertised.

However due to some many variables...cant accurately compare dyno results unless same car, on same dyno, same day, same conditions, same technician...
Old 09-17-2021, 04:12 AM
LEVELperformance
Former Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

@Pad Bender
Sure it is WHP reading from DynoJet 424xLC2.
sorry to mislead you not telling this in advance.

If these are WHP, then these cars are putting out more than advertised.
However due to some many variables...cant accurately compare dyno results unless same car, on same dyno, same day, same conditions, same technician...
all the modern Porsches in our region have more then advertised, for sure. as well as BMW's and many others.

we dyno'ed more then 10 992 TTs, several TT and Carreras - they have same numbers in different days.
But - top air duct is extremely needed on dyno with 992 top mounted ICs

@JuanilloTurboS
​​​​​​​Question, ordered full exhaust from fab speed, thinking about headers also… are these parameters factored into the tune?
In other words is is required or better to get all the other after market upgrades before I place an order?
Good headers will affect high rev numbers a lot, so tune it after installing them. it makes sence.

Last edited by LEVELperformance; 09-17-2021 at 04:17 AM.
JuanilloTurboS (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 04:23 AM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

I understood it was stock. Just make a reference point to Porsche advertised numbers of 572/640 CHP. If these are WHP, then these cars are putting out more than advertised.

Not clear to me what variables you are referring to - the poster stated that the data reflects two *different* cars (tt and tts) and shows pressure/temperature/humidity information. What reason is there to believe that if the data is from different days that would make a meaningful difference(other things being equal), different dynos or different operators?

in other words, why (if at all) do you think the data presented for the two cars is significantly non-comparable, beyond what was disclosed?

and - if so - what is the conclusion you would draw?

Last edited by peterdouglas; 09-17-2021 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:57 AM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JuanilloTurboS
Hello,

Question, ordered full exhaust from fab speed, thinking about headers also… are these parameters factored into the tune?

Excellent upgrades, when you purchase M-Tuner, let us know your mod list and octane and we'll make sure you have a correctly configured map based on those. We recommend getting all of your upgrades installed and then coming to us for the tune as the final step to tie it all together.

M-Tuner can also datalog everything going on in the engine, so we can check out exactly how the car is performing and make changes if need be.

-Charles@M
The following 2 users liked this post by M Engineering:
JuanilloTurboS (09-17-2021), TNturboS (09-20-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 12:56 PM
ss2z06
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by M Engineering
Excellent upgrades, when you purchase M-Tuner, let us know your mod list and octane and we'll make sure you have a correctly configured map based on those. We recommend getting all of your upgrades installed and then coming to us for the tune as the final step to tie it all together.

M-Tuner can also datalog everything going on in the engine, so we can check out exactly how the car is performing and make changes if need be.

-Charles@M
If headers or other mild bolt ons are added after the tune has been purchased is there a fee to change the mapping on it? If so, how much is that?
ER911S (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 01:38 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ss2z06
If headers or other mild bolt ons are added after the tune has been purchased is there a fee to change the mapping on it? If so, how much is that?
For the regular bolt-ons like that that follow the Staged upgrade paths, for example exhaust, we have calibrations for in various octanes that come with M-Tuner. Just shoot us an email and we'll get that over. The Stage 2 maps are compatible with headers.
Here are our calibration map notes: https://m-engineering.atlassian.net/...ibration+Notes

If you are looking for true custom tuning or have unique aftermarket parts that require full calibrations (meth, turbos, built engine, etc.), the ProTuning starts at $1500+.
https://www.m-engineering.us/collect...-tuner-protune

-Charles@M

Old 09-17-2021, 05:13 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
Not clear to me what variables you are referring to - the poster stated that the data reflects two *different* cars (tt and tts) and shows pressure/temperature/humidity information. What reason is there to believe that if the data is from different days that would make a meaningful difference(other things being equal), different dynos or different operators?

in other words, why (if at all) do you think the data presented for the two cars is significantly non-comparable, beyond what was disclosed?

and - if so - what is the conclusion you would draw?
Peter...you are killing me.

I cast no doubt on the TT and TTS numbers...just saying im impressed if this is what is going to the wheels, which is way more than what Porsche claims. Always wanted a 600hp+ car

Last edited by Pad Bender; 09-17-2021 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:43 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Peter...you are killing me.

I cast no doubt on the TT and TTS numbers...just saying im impressed if this is what is going to the wheels, which is way more than what Porsche claims. Always wanted a 600hp+ car
understood!
was just trying to clarify whether the mentioned “variables” was a real issue or not - happy to hear that it was not!
Pad Bender (09-18-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 Turbo & Turbo S OBD Flashing