Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2024, 09:25 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,229 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That PTS color is very meh to me plus a $150k+ ADM (I've spent less than that on my Taycan GTS ST) is hard to stomach because that car will be worth sub $400k in a year or two.
Colour aside because it’s subjective like everything else and you also personally have a RS coming in a color that’s not even a color because you were rejected for PTS. Intended or not your soreness is coming through the keyboard.

Okay, so let’s do your monkey math and crystal ball.

Porsche raises prices of the next RS by 10%, all boats rise. Let’s also assume you negotiate that car to $465k. If you enjoy the car forever resale does not matter. If you sell in 3 years according to you it’s a $65k hit which is the depreciation of an Audi SUV and you still get to enjoy a unique experience. Also, it’s not $150k over. That car has got tons of extras on it, maybe not important or impressive to you, but it is.

ps:@usctrojanGT3 sorry, im on a very long and very bad flight and I’m a bit grumpy

Last edited by cosmos; 09-24-2024 at 09:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
WernerE (09-24-2024)
Old 09-25-2024, 12:53 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
Colour aside because it’s subjective like everything else and you also personally have a RS coming in a color that’s not even a color because you were rejected for PTS. Intended or not your soreness is coming through the keyboard.

Okay, so let’s do your monkey math and crystal ball.

Porsche raises prices of the next RS by 10%, all boats rise. Let’s also assume you negotiate that car to $465k. If you enjoy the car forever resale does not matter. If you sell in 3 years according to you it’s a $65k hit which is the depreciation of an Audi SUV and you still get to enjoy a unique experience. Also, it’s not $150k over. That car has got tons of extras on it, maybe not important or impressive to you, but it is.

ps:@usctrojanGT3 sorry, im on a very long and very bad flight and I’m a bit grumpy
No hard no foul, all good. I'm not sour at all about not getting a PTS RS but I would have LOVED to been able to get Shark Blue. That being said, I feel very lucky and grateful that I'm getting an RS allocation at MSRP which means my dealer got me all 3 of the GT cars that I requested. Of course I'll never ask for any of the numbered cars because I'm a small fish in a pond with some big whales.

I agree with you that .2RS prices will be 10%+ higher than the .1RS prices but if the .2RS stays NA and is "better" than the .1RS then it'll put pressure on the .1RS prices as we both know that people will trade their 1.RS cars in for the .2RS cars and they'll build more .2s than .1s. RS and GT3 prices won't depreciate much over time because they are great cars with strong demand.
Old 09-25-2024, 01:44 AM
mphtown
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blonde_magnet
thats very not ok to just select white instead of asking you. Also what about the interior stitch colors and exterior decals color and all that? You would need to change them that goes well with white no? So they just submitted the order right away before you having a chance to adjust those options??
Yeah, they left everything else as is and just selected white and flipped it over to V200! it looked horrible.
Old 09-25-2024, 10:58 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 104 Posts

Does anyone know how many 992GT 3RS Porsches are produced each day?
Old 09-25-2024, 03:22 PM
Blonde_magnet
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That being said, I feel very lucky and grateful that I'm getting an RS allocation at MSRP which means my dealer got me all 3 of the GT cars that I requested. Of course I'll never ask for any of the numbered cars because I'm a small fish in a pond with some big whales.

what’s your story of getting this allocation at msrp?
Old 09-25-2024, 08:36 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 734 Likes on 400 Posts

No hard no foul, all good. I'm not sour at all about not getting a PTS RS but I would have LOVED to been able to get Shark Blue. That being said, I feel very lucky and grateful that I'm getting an RS allocation at MSRP which means my dealer got me all 3 of the GT cars that I requested. Of course I'll never ask for any of the numbered cars because I'm a small fish in a pond with some big whales.

I agree with you that .2RS prices will be 10%+ higher than the .1RS prices but if the .2RS stays NA and is "better" than the .1RS then it'll put pressure on the .1RS prices as we both know that people will trade their 1.RS cars in for the .2RS cars and they'll build more .2s than .1s. RS and GT3 prices won't depreciate much over time because they are great cars with strong demand.
I am going to go out on a whim here with something wild. AND, I am the LAST person to suggest last of anything or end of an era. I also will add a preface here by saying GT3RS prices will continue to slide for many reasons (biggest being they produced the SHTT out of them and they're unusable to most, and the indy dealers imo killed the market bc prices falling from 150k to 50k that fast trying to flip everything just puts a lot of downward pressure, other cars to come etc etc...) So not saying this to try and make prices go any direction...

BUT! I think....they do not make a 992.2 GT3RS, and they instead go all in on a 992.2 GT2RS (make an 100k+ per car more than gt3rs anyways) AND They do some special edition coupe (not the speedster) think 911ST meets 911 GT3RS send off for the last of the NA RS, obviously it will be numbered, thinking manual only, I think 4.0, not 4.2, LWFW of course, with the big wing and they call it the
911 SC RS 4.0 (as a nod to one of the few 911 racecar names they have not reused in modern history, and coincidentally had a wing)

What made me tilt this direction, was a few RL people like cosmo saying maybe 992.1 3Rs is more "special" than some realize, the current stuff in camo (no 3rs seen) AND this video I just happened to re-watch last night:
Watch between 14:45-15:00 AP says "To be frank with you, I can't think of anything to do for a 2nd generation that we still have in the drawer, that we're holding back, we put everything we know in that car right now that we know from racing...")

This tells me he may not even want to try on a .2 3rs as there isn't much optimization left in the tank, or knows they already aren't doing a .2 3RS and are probably just focusing on the GT2RS AND the only other money grab for Porsche or a fun project for AP left, is going one last manual RS before the hybrids.

if I am right, Please PAG give me 1 2028 911 SC RS 4.0 allocation as a consolation for great guess (at msrp of course hahaha)

I have absolutely 0 information on anything and this is strictly a guess using the logic I would have putting myself in their shoes from what I hear and know thus far
The following users liked this post:
cadster (Today)
Old 09-25-2024, 09:16 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,229 Likes on 668 Posts

^ this thinking is not wrong. The manual RS is the ST, but…there will be another very special manual car from the GT division as well.

Last edited by cosmos; 09-25-2024 at 09:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by cosmos:
Butzi (09-25-2024), welikethetrack (09-25-2024)
Old 09-25-2024, 09:23 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 254 Posts

^ this thinking is not wrong. The manual RS is the ST, but…there will be another very special manual car from the GT division as well.
What exactly are you saying
Old 09-25-2024, 09:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blonde_magnet
what’s your story of getting this allocation at msrp?
I started my relationship with my dealer in 2017 when I did a 2-for-1 car transaction. Then I continues to purchase non-GT cars (Macans, Cayennes, and Taycans) for my business vehicle from them every 18 months or so (I'm a realtor so I drive 20-25k miles a year). I also trade back all of the GT cars (I've gotten MSRP or a little more for them) that I purchased from them to get the next GT car like I'll trade in my .1 Touring for a .2 Touring. I've had done 17 buy and sell transactions with them since 2017.
Old 09-25-2024, 09:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

The Speedster, right?
Old 09-25-2024, 09:36 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I am going to go out on a whim here with something wild. AND, I am the LAST person to suggest last of anything or end of an era. I also will add a preface here by saying GT3RS prices will continue to slide for many reasons (biggest being they produced the SHTT out of them and they're unusable to most, and the indy dealers imo killed the market bc prices falling from 150k to 50k that fast trying to flip everything just puts a lot of downward pressure, other cars to come etc etc...) So not saying this to try and make prices go any direction...

BUT! I think....they do not make a 992.2 GT3RS, and they instead go all in on a 992.2 GT2RS (make an 100k+ per car more than gt3rs anyways) AND They do some special edition coupe (not the speedster) think 911ST meets 911 GT3RS send off for the last of the NA RS, obviously it will be numbered, thinking manual only, I think 4.0, not 4.2, LWFW of course, with the big wing and they call it the
911 SC RS 4.0 (as a nod to one of the few 911 racecar names they have not reused in modern history, and coincidentally had a wing)

What made me tilt this direction, was a few RL people like cosmo saying maybe 992.1 3Rs is more "special" than some realize, the current stuff in camo (no 3rs seen) AND this video I just happened to re-watch last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...-ZCQdpqeg&t=8s
Watch between 14:45-15:00 AP says "To be frank with you, I can't think of anything to do for a 2nd generation that we still have in the drawer, that we're holding back, we put everything we know in that car right now that we know from racing...")

This tells me he may not even want to try on a .2 3rs as there isn't much optimization left in the tank, or knows they already aren't doing a .2 3RS and are probably just focusing on the GT2RS AND the only other money grab for Porsche or a fun project for AP left, is going one last manual RS before the hybrids.

if I am right, Please PAG give me 1 2028 911 SC RS 4.0 allocation as a consolation for great guess (at msrp of course hahaha)

I have absolutely 0 information on anything and this is strictly a guess using the logic I would have putting myself in their shoes from what I hear and know thus far
I don't agree, Porsche will build a .2GT3RS AND a GT2RS. Why? Because $$$$ The .2GT3RS may be a hybrid but I don't think so. I think the GT hybrid start with the GT2RS and then the next series of GT cars (i.e 994).
Old 09-25-2024, 09:56 PM
PetGT
Track Day

Received 42 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PetGT
They dont know if it PTS or not so I submitted my PTS build and hopefully to hear back the result in about a week
my PTS - ordered got rejected. Quite upset but finally put my final build in today expect delivery Jan-2025
Old 09-25-2024, 10:26 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

cosmos!! love it! You’re half the reason I came to that thought process. Im excited what we have today to enjoy and what tomorrow will bring, thank you for your input
Old 09-25-2024, 10:28 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

The Speedster, right?
no way Trojan, I’m thinks big wing gt3rs replacement
Old 09-25-2024, 11:23 PM
horns
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Manual Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo 4.0 RS Club Sport Touring 5th year anniversary

Numbered of course.

Mark it down. If they haven't contacted you already, don't bother asking.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread