992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022 | 01:09 PM
Shuey2k
Rennlist Member

Got my call today and we have a green light, 2024 built in July - now on to the fun part. This car is going to be special for sure.
The following users liked this post:
Captain P (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022 | 01:31 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shuey2k
Got my call today and we have a green light, 2024 built in July - now on to the fun part. This car is going to be special for sure.
Congratulations folks.
The following 3 users liked this post by Captain P:
daveo4porsche (11-12-2022), fijibubba (11-12-2022), Shuey2k (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022 | 01:48 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt3dude
Gm called and offered me a car. Asked for “only 130k” since I’ve bought plenty of cars, others were being charged more. He’s had my build @290k. Almost like he’s doing me a favor.

Told GM to never call me again, and to no expect the 1m+ of cars me and friends/family have been buying annually. This is not how you treat some of your customers who have been loyal and continuous with you. His tone quickly changed and said I’m sorry I didn’t mean to offend you however we’re in a downturn and we need to maximize profits blah blah blah. I said ok great go ahead and do what you need too, have a nice day.

He called me couple hours later and apologized again and offered a 5 digit ADM and tried to still convince me he’s doing me a favor. I like to think that once this market turns or slows down some of these dealers will realize the amazing customers they lost. I like to think I’m just one person who is trying to fix this ADM game. No matter how wealthy you are in life paying 415k or 130k adm for a depreciating asset is tough to swallow for me. I have no issue building a relationship with a new porsche center, and if that doesn’t work im totally ok not driving another porsche again.

For those of you who have amazing dealers that are not trying to take you to the cleaners, congrats on the car and enjoy it!
Big props to you for doing that, if more people did this we wouldn't see these crazy ADMs. The GT3RS is barely a $300k car let alone a $400k+ car.
fijibubba (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022 | 01:58 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Gm called and offered me a car. Asked for “only 130k” since I’ve bought plenty of cars, others were being charged more. He’s had my build @290k. Almost like he’s doing me a favor.

Told GM to never call me again, and to no expect the 1m+ of cars me and friends/family have been buying annually. This is not how you treat some of your customers who have been loyal and continuous with you. His tone quickly changed and said I’m sorry I didn’t mean to offend you however we’re in a downturn and we need to maximize profits blah blah blah. I said ok great go ahead and do what you need too, have a nice day.

He called me couple hours later and apologized again and offered a 5 digit ADM and tried to still convince me he’s doing me a favor. I like to think that once this market turns or slows down some of these dealers will realize the amazing customers they lost. I like to think I’m just one person who is trying to fix this ADM game. No matter how wealthy you are in life paying 415k or 130k adm for a depreciating asset is tough to swallow for me. I have no issue building a relationship with a new porsche center, and if that doesn’t work im totally ok not driving another porsche again.

For those of you who have amazing dealers that are not trying to take you to the cleaners, congrats on the car and enjoy it!
that all sounds great on the internet and all …. Your family , friends and yourself will start all over again at a different Porsche dealer for buying /selling and servicing because you have to pay adm ? And you’re going to go to another dealer that wouldn't be able to get you a gt3rs either ?
Old 11-12-2022 | 02:11 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
that all sounds great on the internet and all …. Your family , friends and yourself will start all over again at a different Porsche dealer for buying /selling and servicing because you have to pay adm ? And you’re going to go to another dealer that wouldn't be able to get you a gt3rs either ?
Loyalty = more GOV and predictable stream. With all this windfall of money, sales folks have forgotten and try to grab as much. They are either assuming once things normalize it will be back to loyal folks or they just don’t care and are blinded.

I think you might underestimate the ability for folks to find joy in a different brand. I love Porsche, but shoot I’ll be happy getting a 296 GTB.
Old 11-12-2022 | 02:17 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
The good: allocation arrived, very happy.

The Bad: October build. I do ED on all my cars, so this time it’s not going to happen.
October is fine, actually pretty good. Less crowds and plenty of trackdays, TF and the ring and mountain passes are still open until late in the month or early November. Odd that you have an October build in the US? Most have been Q1.
Old 11-12-2022 | 05:19 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Bravo. Couldn't agree more.
tonup (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022 | 05:34 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

To those of you receiving allocations for msrp, I am sincerely happy for you.
To those of you telling the high ADM dealers to "suck it Trebek", well done.

Radio silence for me :-(
I think my chances are fairly low from the get go, but who knows...

I'm stupid happy with my .2 GT3, so if I'm not RS worthy, I'll be fine.
Old 11-12-2022 | 06:15 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

I've been offered ADM allocation @ 150 as another data point & if anyone wants, no affiliation
Old 11-12-2022 | 06:33 PM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

I’ve heard 150-250 and all dealers I’ve talked to have way fewer 2023 allocations than they were expecting. Since I’m not in that group of super rich people who can basically throw away 150-250k, I’ll just do what a lot of my rich and super rich friends have been doing (you’d be surprised the people who can’t get allocations - and how wealthy/powerful they are in the car world - but because they don’t play the game they lose out for Porsches) - which is to focus on classics and restomods.
C.J. Ichiban (11-15-2022)
Old 11-12-2022 | 07:52 PM
gt3dude
Instructor

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
I already started. Spoke to a friend who referred me to someone at a different dealer. Taycan at msrp for my friend for December delivery. My initial dealer was charging 15-20k markup for a base taycan. They had the cars incoming unsold and we’re fishing to see who would pay, if no one did they were certain someone would pay once in the showroom. These are the nasty things dealers are doing. They gave me a Taycan(will be here next month,ordered in May) for a 7.5k Adm and rubbed it in my face that they were doing me a favor. In retrospect they said oh it’s ok you’ll get a 7.5k fed credit and it’ll be a wash. I told GM on the phone during rs convo that this is the last car we will buy from you. If it wasn’t for the tax savings I need I would cancel this order as well.

The point is not a gt3rs at all, I promise you. It’s the treatment and nasty antics these dealers are running with normal Porsches as well.

I applaud and respect the GMs at my Ferrari and Landrover dealers who from the beginning of Covid told me we believe in longevity and will not price gouge(I know there’s issues with these 2 as well).I recently started a relationship with Ferrari and I’m so grateful at the GM’s transparency with me. I’m not sure how it looks, but I’m not mad at all. Life is beautiful and at the end of the day it’s just a car. I will continue to enjoy my 992 gt3, won’t care if the price drops to 150k. I’ll be happy to put the 200k difference into my ordered Ferrari 296.

Can I afford to pay 400k+ for a RS, yes. Will I? No.

cheers guys

Last edited by gt3dude; 11-12-2022 at 07:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gt3dude:
85Gold (11-12-2022), User 81423 (11-13-2022)
Old 11-12-2022 | 08:19 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

My salesman returned my call today from Circle Porsche in Long Beach about an allocation. He told me all their current allocations are already spoken for by their 918 clients. Hopefully some time next year they will have more and he will reach back out. I want a PTS car so I'm ok with this. That said I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket and will continue to reach out to other dealers. I haven't even been lucky enough to even have the ADM conversation with a dealer yet. Some of you guys just have all the luck.... or is it, have made all your luck! Congratulations to all that have orders and allocations. I'm envoys and hell yes I'm jealous. I'm not afraid to admit it. 😂

Last edited by fijibubba; 11-12-2022 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2022 | 09:14 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

As a data point I was told the very biggest dealers are getting roughly a car per month. All of the dealers are quite surprised at the paucity of allocations.

as other have said, PTS is second half of the year.

This is going to be an incredibly difficult car to secure at MSRP. The ADMs are going to be eye watering.

Old 11-12-2022 | 11:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
As a data point I was told the very biggest dealers are getting roughly a car per month. All of the dealers are quite surprised at the paucity of allocations.

as other have said, PTS is second half of the year.

This is going to be an incredibly difficult car to secure at MSRP. The ADMs are going to be eye watering.
It's only the first round of allocations....everyone needs to take a big breathe and relax.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
daveo4porsche (11-12-2022), richardbf (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022 | 12:11 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

good for you

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread