Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2023 | 03:33 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I was told by someone very high up at Porsche yesterday and very much in the know…

”prices will fall off a cliff next year” Their exact words, not mine and speaking to GT/special Porsche 911’s (even ST) specifically

don’t shoot the messenger, the fact this person told me this surprised even myself…

Take that info as you want or think it’s blasphemy, don’t matter. I’ll enjoy my cars all next year no matter what they’re worth.
the only way prices fall off a cliff is if their relative value (in relation to other cars) fall off a cliff or absolute value falls off a cliff (huge economic recession)… neither seem to be that plausible

did your contact give any context to this statement? Did you ask why?
Old 11-12-2023 | 03:54 AM
WCGhost
Instructor

I was told by someone very high up at Porsche yesterday and very much in the know…

”prices will fall off a cliff next year” Their exact words, not mine and speaking to GT/special Porsche 911’s (even ST) specifically

don’t shoot the messenger, the fact this person told me this surprised even myself…

Take that info as you want or think it’s blasphemy, don’t matter. I’ll enjoy my cars all next year no matter what they’re worth.
If you had a conversation of this nature, you would naturally ask follow up questions as to why. What was the rest of this conversation like? If someone said this to me, there is no way I am letting them get away with just saying this and not asking, why (production or demand related or both), when specifically, what market specifically, what their plan is etc. Because prices have fallen off a cliff already in other markets, but not the US. You've made these claims in the past for years on here, but the timing was never correct. I just do not hear executives say the prices of their product will fall off a cliff, even in private they will never say this about their business they tend to be fairly optimistic especially when they have had so much success. The exception would be if a large contract is rolling off or if a new competitor comes into the fold, not relevant here though. The way an exec would mention the potential for this, would be that they will acknowledge risks in the market and how it pertains to them. Porsche has done this on calls in their forward guidance, mentioning how luxury is not immune to a down turn. You just do not hear execs speculate in definitive terms, they tend to identify a risk and potential impact, but do not really speculate too much, this is mostly what people on the internet do. Anyone who knows their business, knows they can not predict what will happen tomorrow definitively.

Last edited by WCGhost; 11-12-2023 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2023 | 05:22 AM
RICHBGT3
7th Gear

Originally Posted by fueledbymetal
So is $30k ADM for a Euro Delivery GT3 Touring allocation from a dealer I've been a customer of for 6 years reasonable these days?
I think you might be able to talk him down a bit more, Im in the UK and paid £30k over for a Touring with 100miles on it in September. I PX’d my C4S so you could argue about the actual cost but it worked out to around £30k over list.

Last edited by RICHBGT3; 11-12-2023 at 05:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
fueledbymetal (11-13-2023)
Old 11-12-2023 | 06:49 AM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Yes.
Originally Posted by pitt911
yes in particular for a touring which seem to hold better value than winged
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Is this a new allocation that dropped recently? Pretty good deal.
Thanks! My BMW dealer didn't charge me any ADM for my recent G80 M3 since I'm a regular customer, so I thought it would be the same for ordering GT3. I was shocked to learn that I would still be expected to pay ADM despite previously buying & servicing a 911 & Cayman new from them, so I just want to make sure it's truly the market, not my dealer.
Old 11-12-2023 | 10:45 AM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

I love the "very much in the know" comment....Like Jamie Dimon is always in the know. Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see.

The days of high up Porsche folks talking to customers about plummeting values is sad to me (sounds like the Ferrari smeg bleeding over to our great brand) - but, maybe it signifies a great pinnacle for those seemingly so laser focused on targeting the when on Porsche GT value drops. My point being, maybe it is time to just enjoy them and not pass along BS commentary.....I have not stopped enjoying my garage and hope the same for all of you passionate enthusuasts!
Old 11-12-2023 | 10:49 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

If you are so focused on the value of a particular car you should not buy one. You make money when you buy a car not when you sell it.
RUF RS (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023 | 01:09 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by white6speed
If you are so focused on the value of a particular car you should not buy one. You make money when you buy a car not when you sell it.
no you lose money when you buy a car and you lose more money when u own the car lol

cost 3-4% a year minimum to own a car.

Even if you’re lucky like me to have a car that you pay almost 200 for and it goes up 100k in value in 7 years….you still lose. Maint, insurance reg, + almost 10% sales tax. I’ll make close $0 on that car if I sell it, and if I just invested that money it’s a moronic decision.

cars are not Investments for the millionth time
Old 11-12-2023 | 01:16 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

This guy works for Porsche. Not a YouTuber rofl

ADM’s have gone from something like 100 to 30 over on the gt3 in 12-18 months so we’re already sinking fairly quickly. Gt4Rs has gone from 125/150
down to 30 now. You’d have to be in denial to not see it already happening

this was with regards to u.s. specifically.

I see it obvious why values are going to fall off a cliff, so i didn’t pry too much on it as I already think that and see it. Just shocked they told me it themselves without me suggesting or saying anything myself

cars aren’t investments shouldn’t be a controversial statement
Old 11-12-2023 | 01:26 PM
deVeil
Intermediate

This guy works for Porsche. Not a YouTuber rofl
And the guy who cleans the toilets in the White House works for the President.
Old 11-12-2023 | 01:35 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

no you lose money when you buy a car and you lose more money when u own the car lol

cost 3-4% a year minimum to own a car.

Even if you’re lucky like me to have a car that you pay almost 200 for and it goes up 100k in value in 7 years….you still lose. Maint, insurance reg, + almost 10% sales tax. I’ll make close $0 on that car if I sell it, and if I just invested that money it’s a moronic decision.

cars are not Investments for the millionth time
why do you care so much? Didn’t you self-ban yourself from this thread earlier this year?
WCGhost (11-15-2023)
Old 11-12-2023 | 02:24 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
why do you care so much? Didn’t you self-ban yourself from this thread earlier this year?
1) was there anything irrational or wrong in that post you would like to add color to?

2) I have a RL addiction, it’s like a slow motion train crash I can’t look away from.
Orca911 (11-15-2023)
Old 11-12-2023 | 02:53 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Speaking of YouTubers

GG car market lol
Old 11-12-2023 | 03:03 PM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

I really can't listen to certain youtubers regarding values. They have a vested interest in how the market works. Anyone who starts running side or even main car businesses outside of their youtube channel really shouldn't be relied upon for a bias free conversation about the market. Yes the market is cooling. Hard to argue with the peaks that were seen last year. However, prepandemic is getting close to 5 years ago - there are so many variables that change how we see the 911 GT market - increasing desirability, Porsche going public, etc. that it's hard to expect Gt prices to come down to pre pandemic levels. If it does - this would be great for everyone involved. If it doesn't - Porsche would be happy to have their specialty cars keep their values like Ferrari and not like McLaren or Aston etc.
AlexCeres (11-13-2023)
Old 11-12-2023 | 03:06 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Inflation helps keep prices up, but that’s not a good way to keep prices up.

Last edited by Manifold; 11-12-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2023 | 04:03 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
I really can't listen to certain youtubers regarding values. They have a vested interest in how the market works. Anyone who starts running side or even main car businesses outside of their youtube channel really shouldn't be relied upon for a bias free conversation about the market. Yes the market is cooling. Hard to argue with the peaks that were seen last year. However, prepandemic is getting close to 5 years ago - there are so many variables that change how we see the 911 GT market - increasing desirability, Porsche going public, etc. that it's hard to expect Gt prices to come down to pre pandemic levels. If it does - this would be great for everyone involved. If it doesn't - Porsche would be happy to have their specialty cars keep their values like Ferrari and not like McLaren or Aston etc.
I don’t think they’ll go down to pre pandemic levels. I think they’ll go much lower because depreciating assets with high interest rates, a struggling house market, increasing unemployment and low liquidity pretty much is going to annihilate Porsche values and values for all “collector” cars. But Porsche is probably in the biggest bubble of them all, people are treating this cars more like Pokémon cards than track toys

if you need the money probably a good time to sell your Rolexs and GT Porsches
WCGhost (11-15-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM