Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2023, 02:59 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
agree - I wouldn’t like to be indirectly forced to continuously give up my GT cars. I like to decide when to give them up (not dealer) and will pay what I need to for what I want to get.
I'm not forced to trade in any cars if I don't want the latest and greatest, that is my choice....I like new shiny toys.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
That's pretty rich, especially coming from the guy that constantly calls dealerships .... stealerships.
You cant be this tone-deaf.
Or are you?
Well, there are dealers and then there are stealers....if you don't know the difference then that's on you not me.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:03 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
you’ve done this what ? 10 ? 12 ? Times. 15-20k loss on the gt cars and 5-10 on the vanilla stuff ? And you pay them for PPF and financing ? So … you just gave your dealer an extra 150k give or take over the decade instead of selling at fair market value ?

It’s not any less money. In fact it’s more money than the guy who paid $50k adm one and done.
I only do PPF on my GT cars and it's cheaper than I can get it on the west coast. I also finance my business vehicles because I want liquidity and I get a tax write off on any non depreciated losses as the Macans/Cayennes/Taycans are all business vehicles. If I sell at fair market value, I have to buy at fair market value which means I'd be way more behind as I outlined earlier but I guess you can't do simple math. I'm not the only one that has that kind of relationship with my dealer and other dealers like mine. I do what I do, you do what you do.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:14 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
. I do what I do, you do what you do.
You say that now… but will chastise anyone who ‘does what they do’ whether buying or selling at market price. Very hypocritical and bad for enthusiast forums
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 04:31 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,344 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Comments are getting personal again. If you disagree with someone, instead of going in debate circles indefinitely, how about just agree to disagree and move on? Would be more helpful to discuss price trends and the factors affecting them, rather someone's personal circumstances and decisions.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:36 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by McNamara
I remember walking into a dealer in 2018 and there being 911s for sale everywhere you looked, GT products included. To think that those days won't return doesn't seem logical.
This is not entirely accurate and was not my experience in 2018.. You couldn't just walk into a dealership in 2018 and buy a new GT car for MSRP. I was shopping for one in September / October 2018 and so was my partner. He ended up buying a 2019 GT3 new for $20K over - one he still has and loves. This was not long after he had bought his 2016 Turbo S new - so he was a pretty decent customer. Maybe that was So Cal but i looked all around and new ones were going for over (and this was at the end of the run) unless you had the relationship game going or had waited for 2 years... GT3RS were going for over on the secondary market and those were 2016's as the .2 RS weren't out yet in 2018. I ended up changing my mind last minute and got a Turbo as I wanted to drive it every day and my partner got his black 2019 GT3 for $20K over.
Diablo Dude (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 04:50 PM
Shayan30
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi all - quick question on how your dealers handle ADM.

One of dealers I have spoken to wants the ADM payment up front....

So for example: dealer offering an allocation for July but in order to put you "build order" in the pipeline, they want the full ADM up front via Wire/Cashiers check etc.
Then when the car comes in and during delivery, you can pay cash balance, bring a check from your own lender, or even work with their finance dept to finance the whole amount and they will refund the ADM in the same method of payment.

I am assuming this dealer is buying the allocation from another dealer and wants to protect itself in case the buyer backs out or is this the normal way its done?
Just find it odd not only having to pay these ridiculous ADM's but pretty much giving a large chunk in cash until the vehicle arrives....
Old 03-20-2023, 05:07 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let's hope it's not systematic but we will see less lending, tighter capital requirements, and lower bank profitability. I guess we now know what the Fed broke with their big, fast interest rate hikes.
The Fed "broke" what the banking regulators (and lobbyists) never wanted to address which is duration risk.
This has nothing to do with a "woke" bank run by a bunch of white guys or any other bogus (ESG) political narrative that's being spun by the Ted Cruz' of the world.

More and more banks have shifted the composition of their securities portfolio away from "available for sale" securities (AFS) and toward "held to maturity" (HTM) because the HTM category doesnt factor in losses when totaling regulatory capital. Regionals even have it easier, since they dont have to recognize unrealized losses, even for AFS assets in their capital accounts. Former Fed Governor and current FDIC Director, Thomas Hoenig warned about this years ago given the low interest rate environment and nobody's interest in "normalizing" rates to change the behavior of banks, but nobody cared. That's why we're where we are today.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 03-20-2023 at 05:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (03-20-2023), EMdoc (03-22-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 05:09 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Shayan30
Hi all - quick question on how your dealers handle ADM.

One of dealers I have spoken to wants the ADM payment up front....

So for example: dealer offering an allocation for July but in order to put you "build order" in the pipeline, they want the full ADM up front via Wire/Cashiers check etc.
Then when the car comes in and during delivery, you can pay cash balance, bring a check from your own lender, or even work with their finance dept to finance the whole amount and they will refund the ADM in the same method of payment.

I am assuming this dealer is buying the allocation from another dealer and wants to protect itself in case the buyer backs out or is this the normal way its done?
Just find it odd not only having to pay these ridiculous ADM's but pretty much giving a large chunk in cash until the vehicle arrives....
I dont find it strange at all.

I did the very same thing when it came to paying the ADM up front, which allowed me to "build" the car to my spec.
The ADM was then subtracted from the overall balance and I wrote a check from my brokerage account to pay for it in full when the car was delivered.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 03-20-2023 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:17 PM
Shayan30
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
I dont find it strange at all.
I did the very same thing when it came to paying the ADM up front, which allowed me to "build" the car to my spec.
The ADM was then subtracted from the overall balance and I wrote a check from my brokerage account to pay for it in full when the car was delivered.

Got it - thanks for the insight.
I've been used to making a 5-10K deposit to secure the allocation previously and build the spec but never was asked to pay the full ADM up front which as we know can be nearly 25%+ of the car on avg if not more these days (well never had to deal with ADM's before haha).

If anyone else can chime in, that would be great. Thanks in advance
Old 03-20-2023, 07:05 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,344 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by Shayan30
Got it - thanks for the insight.
I've been used to making a 5-10K deposit to secure the allocation previously and build the spec but never was asked to pay the full ADM up front which as we know can be nearly 25%+ of the car on avg if not more these days (well never had to deal with ADM's before haha).

If anyone else can chime in, that would be great. Thanks in advance
No way I’d pay ADM up front unless it’s fully refundable if I don’t wind up buying the car.
AlexCeres (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 09:24 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Different jurisdictions and different dealers handle the deposits very differently. What goes in the US may not apply to Europe or middle eastern etc customers.

I’ve never been asked to pay adm up front, and California is pretty crazy with the adm. I have been asked to stipulate in writing what I’m offering so there aren’t any misunderstandings (Alex is offering X cash plus Y trade for Z allocation with pts or whatever). My dealer, the deposit is always $5k. Macan. Gt3. TTS. Whatever. I assume the real VIPs don’t pay any deposit at all. But they’re doing 7 figure business annually. Folks in this thread like to think they’re big time because they can afford a $250k car. They’re not. I’m not. There’s always another level.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:11 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,114 Likes on 2,042 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
Different jurisdictions and different dealers handle the deposits very differently. What goes in the US may not apply to Europe or middle eastern etc customers.

I’ve never been asked to pay adm up front, and California is pretty crazy with the adm. I have been asked to stipulate in writing what I’m offering so there aren’t any misunderstandings (Alex is offering X cash plus Y trade for Z allocation with pts or whatever). My dealer, the deposit is always $5k. Macan. Gt3. TTS. Whatever. I assume the real VIPs don’t pay any deposit at all. But they’re doing 7 figure business annually. Folks in this thread like to think they’re big time because they can afford a $250k car. They’re not. I’m not. There’s always another level.

Like all the whales that are going to Vegas for F1. Everyone thinks they’re a big fish, until you go out into the ocean. I’ve read some of the room packages are well over a million.
AlexCeres (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 10:44 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Manifold
No way I’d pay ADM up front unless it’s fully refundable if I don’t wind up buying the car.
Technically by law, in California its fully refundable even though the dealer paperwork says it isnt. Who cares?

You either WANT THE CAR or you dont.

Old 03-20-2023, 10:44 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Like all the whales that are going to Vegas for F1. Everyone thinks they’re a big fish, until you go out into the ocean. I’ve read some of the room packages are well over a million.
I’ve heard similar rumors. The Vegas event is much more expensive than previous events. I was told “if you have to ask, you can’t afford”. True story. I can’t

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM