Sponsored by:

Allocation + ADM?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 08:12 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I blame them if they play games. If they tell you you get a fan allocation at a certain price and then change the deal- not cool. But if they are upfront- then it’s up to us as consumers to decide if we want to pay the gotta have it now tax.

As far as getting cars at msrp- with a little patience and the willingness to comprise on spec a bit, it’s not difficult. But if you have to spec your Carrera white with sofas exactly like every other that will litter Autotrader in a few months but you want to spec it instead of buying it second hand, likely you will pay a premium. Not my cup of tea and I won’t do it.
what the heck is wrong with Carrara white metallic? sofas though... lmao
Old 03-06-2021, 08:13 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
and I know this is a GT3 board here but go out here and look at the 911 prices- including a 992 TTS which has a MARKUP from MSRP and is used. Gimmie a break. The regular 992s with miles on them have very limited amount off MSRP. I very nearly fell off my chair.

westmontporsche.com
And btw I'm not just putting them in the fryer here. They are decent to me, have been in the past. I was just a little shocked, maybe it's just the supply right now. That said, you better be a negotiator.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:16 PM
John Tianqi Zhu
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

oh thats my friend's turbo thats on sale there
Old 03-06-2021, 08:27 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 1,035 Posts

There are supply shortages effecting the current production run, and a mess of factory shut downs last year that still hasn’t been remedied with increased production this year. Looks like it won’t until next year. In the mean time, the stock market and real estate has been good.

Demand >> supply so prices ^^^

Just business. Stop raging at the weather. Not worth the emotion.
The following users liked this post:
Freddie Two Bs (03-11-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 08:52 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Sharing parts of an email from my SA where I bought my first two Porsches. I am on three dealer's list. This one was my backup as I moved to NOLA. This dealership has been very upfront and transparent with me. For context, I asked where I stood in the allocation process as I had placed a deposit down 22 months ago. His response was this morning.

"I believe we got the info on how many cars we will be getting in the next allocation period. No actual allocations yet. Porsche has also created 2 models. So we need to know if the client wants a “regular” or a “touring” model. Once we have the actual production slot we will review and determine who gets one of the allocations Porsche has given us for that production period. This will be based on whether client is a previous client or not, how many cars bought from us, possible trade cars, and how much of an advocate for the store the client is. We have to do it this way, since we know we won’t get enough cars to satisfy every client on our list. We have about 70 people on that list.

Our dealer principal decided not to take deposits, but have an “interested” list, since a deposit creates too much of an expectation. Once we have an allocation/order for a client, we take a 10% deposit. So to answer your question, I can’t say where you are in the que for a production slot yet. I do know it won’t be in our first batch (July-October production slots). Would you be interested in a touring or a regular model? Knowing that, will help me working on an allocation for you."

Captain, is this the same dealership that told you allocations were coming out last week and you were first on the list? What the hell???!

Obviously, wish you best of luck and I’m sure you’ll get one, we all just have to be patient, it will happen.. The pandemic will lift, production will ramp up and we’ll be off to the races!
Old 03-06-2021, 09:20 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Info Gathered From The UK and German Configurators

FWIW, this might be helpful to prospective GT3 buyers and some on this thread might be able to take this further. I went on the UK and GER configurators to see what options and colors are available. I got the lead on the UK site from someone here (thanks!) and Googled the GER site. Both are essentially the same re: option availability. Clearly some options are EU-only and perhaps we'll see additional options later in the year (e.g., there is only one wheel but it's offered in different colors and rim trims).

The UK site does not have prices. The German site has prices but they include the 19% Value Added Tax. So with some great help from Google Translate plus being able to recognize options using the "i" button for pics, I built a reasonable spec GT3 for 188,527 Euro incl. VAT. To get a ratio of U.S. vs. German costs, I looked at the ratio between Turbo S base prices. Interestingly, the cost in Euro vs. $$ was only 7.2% higher even with the 19% VAT meaning that we're paying proportionally more here in the U.S. but given shipping, certifications, dealer costs, perhaps there are reasons for that. If I simply reduce the price of the German GT3, the price would be unrealistically low. Using the 7.2% factor, The 188,527 Euro car (off a base of 167,518 Euro) would be $175,816.38 using my humble assumptions. My calculation of the base using the 7.2% factor would be $156,267.15. vs. the $143,600 base on my '18 gen 2 GT3.

I spec'd the car with a manual trans, maybe Agate Gray (because my previous 911s and a Boxster (2004 Sp. Ed. S - loved it) have been some shade of silver), blk int w/GT silver stitching, painted rims (satin gray - maybe satin black), CF buckets, 90L fuel tank, PCCBs w/black calipers, front axle lift, LED blk dynamic lights, clear taillights, park assist, homelink, storage pkg, the cheap courtesy lights (why not), painted key+pouch, storage compartment in Race-Tex with crest, Bose,

Will I buy a GT3. Not now. ADMs are crazy, my SA here in VA says there will be more options later. Bought my last three 911s incl. '10 Turbo, '15 Turbo S and 991.2 GT3 from Circle Porsche which claims they have 8 builds. Disappointed to see talk of $40K ADMs, as mine was at MSRP/no deposit. I'm in VA and was going to talk to them (they were aware of my interest and assured me of a slot). My how times change. Disappointing that a very motorsports-oriented dealership with some great personnel is going the route of Porsche dealers 25 miles south with $50K ADMs.

My wife and I are in VA now and where I'm living is pretty urban so I'm 99% going to a Turbo S so I can be driving my 911 a lot more often for routine errands (with ample parking) and take it over frost-heaved roads in central PA on our way to family and friends (and Watkins Glen) in NYS. More on that decision Monday after signing. I watched Mark Donahue in 917 CanAm cars at Watkins Glen when I was volunteering in tech insp and race safety there and I love Porsche motorsports so getting out of a NA, visceral GT3 is not easy, but I'm excited about the 992 Turbo S and its more GT-like capability. All the best to those of you that score a 992 GT3 - it's outstanding. BTW, our e-hybrid Cayenne is really amazing - in its own way of course. (Hey, don't they put a word limit on these posts!)
Old 03-06-2021, 09:32 PM
ChrisGT3
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

and I know this is a GT3 board here but go out here and look at the 911 prices- including a 992 TTS which has a MARKUP from MSRP and is used. Gimmie a break. The regular 992s with miles on them have very limited amount off MSRP. I very nearly fell off my chair.

westmontporsche.com
This is one of the dealerships I’ve been talking to. Do you have any idea if they know number of allocations? I asked one of the SA yesterday (been going back and forth via text) but haven’t heard back.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:50 PM
John Tianqi Zhu
Advanced

they have the largest number of allocations in chicagoland area
Old 03-06-2021, 10:08 PM
ChrisGT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by John Tianqi Zhu
they have the largest number of allocations in chicagoland area
Yea that’s what I’ve been told.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:09 PM
John Tianqi Zhu
Advanced

if u want, just add ur name to the list at every dealer
Old 03-06-2021, 10:13 PM
ChrisGT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by John Tianqi Zhu
if u want, just add ur name to the list at every dealer
Oh I did 😂
Have a deposit with one as well.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:17 PM
porsche526
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

you are correct. i dont know who is getting gt3 at msrp......wishful thinking
Old 03-06-2021, 10:19 PM
porsche526
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

most dealers of which there are a bit over 160 dealers will receive 2-3 allocations
Old 03-06-2021, 10:54 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

what the heck is wrong with Carrara white metallic? sofas though... lmao
Nothing wrong with it at all. Great color. But if you don’t get to spec your car, there will likely be lots of CWM available second hand.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:33 AM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 137 Posts

OK, I need help here. I went in for an oil service at my dealer in August. I ordered a 992C2S. The dealer told me March / April .They convinced me to pre-trade my 2008 MINT 997S they sold me new. After they sold my car, they changed delivery to July-August. At that point, i figured if I’m going to wait that long, I’ll get a GT3. They tried to “ work me” on pricing. I figured after all the hassle, and the fact they have the $ from my trade, I’m not going to get bullied. I called PCNA. They called the dealer. I have signed paperwork that I’m paying MSRP, Less my trade allowance. It states I’m #3 on the list. I contacted the sales manager today about allocations . He is being elusive and tells me he will let me know Monday. I KNOW they are jerking me around again... I haven’t had a vehicle since August. Thank god I live in NYC. Thoughts

Last edited by NYCGT3; 03-07-2021 at 12:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Allocation + ADM?