Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 01:47 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 240 Posts

ugh the red does look good though. Ok orange over gt silver, red over orange. You can drive yourself crazy with these things. (“I shall not change my color, I shall not change my color, I shall not change my color”) *rocking back and forth*
Old 05-18-2021, 09:10 PM
logical
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

I was going with Agate but saw a 992 turboS at the dealer in Agate. Was nice but felt there was too much green in it. I changed to guards red. Red belts stitching, white dials which are easiest to see as far as I can see. I actually think having had 2 previous gt3's as well as many on track days that all the colors and that's many look good
Old 05-22-2021, 02:25 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

For a GT3 Touring and most likely my final build.

Porsche code PNB8LYR5

Key options:
Chalk - new favorite color (will be my first non-blue car)
PCCB - getting it mainly for cosmetic reasons (yellow accents) and ease of cleaning
FAL - must have
Full Bucket Seats - it just defines the GT3/T interior (IMO) and the sacrifices just to option this would be worth it I think - no folding seat for rear access for golf bag and rough NYC drive due to rumored stiffer 992 suspension.
LED + PDLS
Bose

Other considerations:
I'm not a manual guy so the manual vs PDK decision will be a last minute thing.
Also would like to option Exclusive Design Taillights to have a cleaner rear but I already have way to many options so I think can leave this out without having any regrets.

Planned mods (and maybe the only mods I'm doing):
Houndstooth seat inserts
Clear side reflectors

The following users liked this post:
911Vintage (05-25-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 03:30 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 491 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by direkallan
For a GT3 Touring and most likely my final build.

Porsche code PNB8LYR5

Key options:
Chalk - new favorite color (will be my first non-blue car)
PCCB - getting it mainly for cosmetic reasons (yellow accents) and ease of cleaning
FAL - must have
Full Bucket Seats - it just defines the GT3/T interior (IMO) and the sacrifices just to option this would be worth it I think - no folding seat for rear access for golf bag and rough NYC drive due to rumored stiffer 992 suspension.
LED + PDLS
Bose

Other considerations:
I'm not a manual guy so the manual vs PDK decision will be a last minute thing.
Also would like to option Exclusive Design Taillights to have a cleaner rear but I already have way to many options so I think can leave this out without having any regrets.

Planned mods (and maybe the only mods I'm doing):
Houndstooth seat inserts
Clear side reflectors

That is a great looking car, with nice specs. I like the dark silver wheels with your build, but you should definitely get what you think looks best.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:39 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkhill
That is a great looking car, with nice specs. I like the dark silver wheels with your build, but you should definitely get what you think looks best.
Thanks! Agreed and dark silver has been on my build for a while but have now decided to go the classic look. I used to love dark wheels but I got tired of the satin black wheels on my 992 C2S really quick. Dark silver should be a good middle ground but I'm unsure of it so I'll just go all the way with the silver wheels.

Last edited by touringGT3; 05-22-2021 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:20 PM
horizons
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

PNAA99K8
Old 05-24-2021, 11:17 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain P
yea I saw tons of photos. Nothing wrong with the color, just did not get me pumped. Used the money towards other things more exciting to me.
ended up getting the yellow. I saw one in person(not 992) and it looked amazing. Pictures don’t do this justice. Made me go back and spec the yellow stitching.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:25 AM
Jred2255
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

This will be my third GT car, but first new/ordered.
Would appreciate any feedback from those who have done it before. Seeing what others have done, maybe I'm going option heavy... but getting everything I want.
Locking the build in later today.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFNFDZ8

Old 05-25-2021, 04:50 PM
seatactony
Racer

Received 280 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by direkallan
Thanks! Agreed and dark silver has been on my build for a while but have now decided to go the classic look. I used to love dark wheels but I got tired of the satin black wheels on my 992 C2S really quick. Dark silver should be a good middle ground but I'm unsure of it so I'll just go all the way with the silver wheels.
I'd go silver wheels on the touring, especially if you are planning on chrome trim to complete the classic look. Will look great together like WernerE's 991.2 touring (his photos, not mine).

Old 05-25-2021, 04:55 PM
KlausFuchs
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the community but am working with my dealer to build my Spec.

What are some 'must-have' options?
I was thinking Manual, Shark Blue, and Carbon buckets but beyond that, I am pretty stuck.

Opinions are greatly appreciated!
Old 05-25-2021, 05:00 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,185 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by KlausFuchs
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the community but am working with my dealer to build my Spec.

What are some 'must-have' options?
I was thinking Manual, Shark Blue, and Carbon buckets but beyond that, I am pretty stuck.

Opinions are greatly appreciated!
I'm not sure if anything is a "must have"....certainly not a color - that's all personal taste anyway. I would add the Front Axle Lift. You will need that option. I'd also get the extended range fuel tank.

Everybody is different but the must have options for me:
Manual
FAL
LWB Seats
Sports Chrono
Extended range fuel tank
Fire extinguisher (which can be added later anyway)

Some will say PCCBs but meh.....

Last edited by subshooter; 05-25-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Fabspeed Motorsport (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 05:54 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 681 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I'm not sure if anything is a "must have"....certainly not a color - that's all personal taste anyway. I would add the Front Axle Lift. You will need that option. I'd also get the extended range fuel tank.

Everybody is different but the must have options for me:
Manual
FAL
LWB Seats
Sports Chrono
Extended range fuel tank
Fire extinguisher (which can be added later anyway)

Some will say PCCBs but meh.....
Completely agree with that!

When we built ours we chose to differentiate from our prior specs and just go with our gut.

@KlausFuchs, I would recommend going with what you personally will be happiest with. After all, It is YOUR new P-Car!

subshooter (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 06:29 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,185 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Completely agree with that!

When we built ours we chose to differentiate from our prior specs and just go with our gut.

@KlausFuchs, I would recommend going with what you personally will be happiest with. After all, It is YOUR new P-Car!
BTW @Fabspeed - Check out this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...e-filters.html

PM me if you are looking for a 992 GT3 to use for R&D. My ED will end on Oct 9th and it is shipping back to Porsche of the Mainline - just down the street from you. It will already be broken in at SPA and the Ring. I'm not committing, but if you are interested, we can chat.

Last edited by subshooter; 05-25-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Fabspeed Motorsport (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 06:41 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 681 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
BTW @Fabspeed - Check out this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...e-filters.html

PM me if you are looking for a 992 GT3 to use for R&D. My ED will end on Oct 9th and it is shipping back to Porsche of the Mainline - just down the street from you. It will already be broken in at SPA and the Ring. I'm not committing, but if you are interested, we can chat.
Thanks, Subshooter. We might take you up on that.

Our GT3 should be delivered fairly early in the production line, but I will absolutely reach out regardless. We never say no to an extra, not to mention we could get some pretty good pictures together.

In regards to your thread, rest assured we are hot on the case and will have something for the community as soon as we have ours in the shop. Between the F8 Tributo, 812 SF, and 992 Turbo we have gotten plenty of experience getting that ripping sports car sound without worrying about the GPF's, I fully expect this will be no different.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:39 PM
Jred2255
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain P
ended up getting the yellow. I saw one in person(not 992) and it looked amazing. Pictures don’t do this justice. Made me go back and spec the yellow stitching.
I believe i saw the video where this screenshot is from, the car had all yellow stitching, no silver which must be CXX???
My salesman suggested removing this to avoid having contrasted stitching with some silver and some yellow. Told me only way to go all yellow stitching was by CXX.

Last edited by Jred2255; 05-25-2021 at 11:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration