Sponsored by:

Xpel...Never again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:13 PM
tahiles
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by squid42
Yelp is a 100% corruption-based business as far as their income is concerned. The ratings only mean how much a business is aware of them and how well their extortion worked.
Yelp will call you and ask you to advertise at about $300 a month.

If you refuse they will move all the bad reviews to the front page. The front page reviews affect your "star" rating. They'll move your five star reviews to the back pages where they're not factored in the star rating.

If you agree to pay them they do just the opposite.

In my business the worst they've manged to punish me 4.5/5.0 stars.

Yelp = Extortionist A$$40le$........
Old 08-11-2016, 09:23 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

when I was doing my powdercoating full time and advertising on automotive forums, I just kept it simple and made sure no customer would ever have reason to give me a bad review, no matter what it took.

You know what, the few jobs that didn't go as planned and I took care of them, those people became my biggest online supporters
Old 08-12-2016, 12:56 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have decided to go with Suntek...
Old 08-12-2016, 09:23 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
when I was doing my powdercoating full time and advertising on automotive forums, I just kept it simple and made sure no customer would ever have reason to give me a bad review, no matter what it took.

You know what, the few jobs that didn't go as planned and I took care of them, those people became my biggest online supporters
You never really know what kind of vendor you have until something goes wrong and you get to experience how they handle it. I tell this to each client I visit to put out fires.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Mag7
6th Gear

OP, do you have a recommendation for finding a reputable installer? I am considering film for my car and just read your post and hope to have a good experience if I go ahead.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Mag7
6th Gear

Looking through this thread I see you also had issues. So xpel didn't help you? Sorry to hear that.
Originally Posted by R_Rated
You never really know what kind of vendor you have until something goes wrong and you get to experience how they handle it. I tell this to each client I visit to put out fires.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Sailmorc
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the installer obviously being so critical to a good outcome, I'm looking for a recommendation.
I'm considering getting my new 2017 Carmine Red 991.2 Turbo Cab wrapped...or at least the front end and mirrors. Does anyone have experience with LeeBerbs, LLC as an installer? He has a shop in Hillsborough, NJ and another in Sarasota, FL, which is the one I'd use.
Thanks!
Old 10-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by Sailmorc
With the installer obviously being so critical to a good outcome, I'm looking for a recommendation. I'm considering getting my new 2017 Carmine Red 991.2 Turbo Cab wrapped...or at least the front end and mirrors. Does anyone have experience with LeeBerbs, LLC as an installer? He has a shop in Hillsborough, NJ and another in Sarasota, FL, which is the one I'd use. Thanks!
I used Leeberbs for a hood and mirror wraps about 3 years ago. My fault as it was my first experience with Xpel that I did not ask for wrapped edges etc.
I had it re-wrapped when I added the Cup Aerokit. All edges hood, front fenders, front bumper and high up the rocker panels and under the doors. Much happier.
Lee did a good job just make sure you ask for what you want.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:25 PM
tampaukfan
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.autopaintguard.com/ in Tampa , does excellent work...Ryan is the owner..

Originally Posted by Sailmorc
With the installer obviously being so critical to a good outcome, I'm looking for a recommendation.
I'm considering getting my new 2017 Carmine Red 991.2 Turbo Cab wrapped...or at least the front end and mirrors. Does anyone have experience with LeeBerbs, LLC as an installer? He has a shop in Hillsborough, NJ and another in Sarasota, FL, which is the one I'd use.
Thanks!
Old 10-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Mag7
6th Gear

My buddy that has a tint shop and applies the film heard you were refunded for your install that was not good.He also knows the shop that originally wrapped your car, what a small world that bunch of guys are in.

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Old 10-13-2016, 04:37 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Mag7
My buddy that has a tint shop and applies the film heard you were refunded for your install that was not good.He also knows the shop that originally wrapped your car, what a small world that bunch of guys are in.
It is a small world! And yes - I was eventually refunded; 7 months later, and after the Xpel COO stepped in.

Sadly - he lost far more in referral business with regards to what would have been repeat business for detailing and would have gotten additional business from me for detailing and coating if he would have just done what was right in the beginning He's young and hopefully learned something on his end.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:46 PM
R_Rated
Banned

OP, do you have a recommendation for finding a reputable installer? I am considering film for my car and just read your post and hope to have a good experience if I go ahead.
Why not use your buddy that has a shop?

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9552...l#post13631750
As I understand from a buddy of mine that installs the film in his tint shop, this happens with every film and is due to circumstance more than anything.
He showed me one of his vehicles a 4runner and it had a couple of nicks on the hood piece.
I didn't even know he used the stuff and he uses quite a bit and it looks awesome! He uses both films and likes them both.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:41 PM
Joenyc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I used Leeberbs for a hood and mirror wraps about 3 years ago. My fault as it was my first experience with Xpel that I did not ask for wrapped edges etc.
I had it re-wrapped when I added the Cup Aerokit. All edges hood, front fenders, front bumper and high up the rocker panels and under the doors. Much happier.
Lee did a good job just make sure you ask for what you want.
Honestly, I had my car wrapped and didn't have to ask to tuck the edges. Leeberbs as a professional should know better and even ask you worst case. Quite unprofessional for them to do that IMO.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:12 AM
hypeber
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

i think i am fxxked up too from the installer i went. The told me is normal...i do not believe this is normal though. I sent an email to xpel now, waiting for the response. Installed a month ago...and looks like this now...

Old 11-08-2016, 09:32 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

probably normal for that installer, but not for a great installer. stuff like most of that comes down to attention to detail. Most installers just don't have it, only a few are truly great.

Quick Reply: Xpel...Never again.