Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport is Freaky

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 601 Likes on 307 Posts

After driving the T files for a while I have realized I need less body roll and less front end bounce. I had not driven the car for a bit until a drive this morning. After some time away the car felt dramatically too soft and bouncy, in Carrera T file sport mode. I still don't have a darn PC laptop to change files. I want to try the GT3 tour files. Tom, is it ill advised to send the whole box back to you to change files in house and return? In terms of delicacy of the board and box? I know I referenced in a pervious post having my local shop do this, but they're somewhat far from me and I have not had the chance or need to take the car in for other work.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
After driving the T files for a while I have realized I need less body roll and less front end bounce. I had not driven the car for a bit until a drive this morning. After some time away the car felt dramatically too soft and bouncy, in Carrera T file sport mode. I still don't have a darn PC laptop to change files. I want to try the GT3 tour files. Tom, is it ill advised to send the whole box back to you to change files in house and return? In terms of delicacy of the board and box? I know I referenced in a pervious post having my local shop do this, but they're somewhat far from me and I have not had the chance or need to take the car in for other work.
Do you have a Mac laptop?
Old 06-10-2020, 01:41 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 64 Posts

I have the same problem no PC laptop. Anyone in the Bay Area have experience loading new SW for DSC that can help?!
Old 06-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by .moo.
I have the same problem no PC laptop. Anyone in the Bay Area have experience loading new SW for DSC that can help?!
I can!!! - I can either do it for you, or I can help you setup a Mac laptop to also boot Windows for the purposes of installing the DSC s/w for flashing the DSC...

(this is how I do it - all the way back to the v1 days - I have a MacBook Air with VMWare s/w and Windows which I boot into in order to run the DSC s/w)

lmk...
Old 06-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Do you have a Mac laptop?
I do, but i only run the Mac OS on it. It's kinda old. Somebody needs some new tech I guess.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:47 PM
YetiRojo
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

I was able to do it running Parallels on my MacBook Pro without any problems.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I do, but i only run the Mac OS on it. It's kinda old. Somebody needs some new tech I guess.
No, you can run something like Parallels or VMWare Fusion (as I do) and install a version of windows in order to run the DSC s/w - it requires a little tech savvy and some outlay of cash (to get the VM product and Windows install - although you may be able to find a free developer version of that to use)

I had instructions for this way back when I think in the 997 GT3 forum or somewhere like that...

Originally Posted by YetiRojo
I was able to do it running Parallels on my MacBook Pro without any problems.
exactly!

- install parallels or VMWare Fusion (maybe even virtual box - although support for the USB - CP210x driver bridge can be tricky)
- install a version of Windows onto parallels/fusion
- install DSC s/w
- install USB-CP210x bridge driver
- ensure that USB "connections" are re-directed to Windows (from parallels/fusion)
- connect your DSC and away you go!

Old 06-10-2020, 03:11 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

You're talking to somebody who barely pulled off his OS Catalina update. I'll be lucky to make the file changes once the whole thing is up and connected. I think a simpler bet would be to buy a cheap PC lapper than try to get a dual boot going. Maybe I will do that.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

You're talking to somebody who barely pulled off his OS Catalina update. I'll be lucky to make the file changes once the whole thing is up and connected. I think a simpler bet would be to buy a cheap PC lapper than try to get a dual boot going. Maybe I will do that.
fair enough! - although its not that hard to do this - and probably a little cheaper than buying a PC ... good luck!
Old 06-17-2020, 04:23 PM
Beezztie
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Beezztie
I had the stock setup for my 991.1 4S Cab (with PDCC) DSC V3 so far. Basically had the Sport mode on 98% of the time. Only used normal mode when driving on very bumpy roads with my wife and kids onboard. Sport was nice (much better than with stock controller) but after a while I thought it could be a bit firmer / less body roll. Over the weekend I uploaded the GT2/GT3RS files and love it so far. Normal mode more usable on a daily basis and Sport definitely firmer. Did not have the chance to drive at high speed (100mph +) yet but so far so good. Thanks for the suggestion Tom!
After some more extensive testing I found the Normal mode from the GT3RS tune a bit harsh, too bumpy for my liking. I therefore uploaded the Normal mode of the GT Tour tune to the DSC V3. Now I am a happy man, Normal mode is ideal for the average daily drive and the Sport mode provides the extra "Bite" I missed in the standard setup.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport is Freaky