Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Jim does real nice work...looks great! I had him make me one as well along with matching wheel center caps and steering wheel crest.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:02 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Jim does real nice work...looks great! I had him make me one as well along with matching wheel center caps and steering wheel crest.
I would like non-painted center caps and maybe steering wheel but I don’t get response to emails. I feel lucky to have found this on eBay. I can’t do standard non painted center caps because I have platinum wheels and they all came painted. I’ve thought about finding a standard non painted Silver set and trying to color match but I haven’t gone there yet.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:04 PM
maj75
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Let’s see, a battery, 8 Changeover valves with pigtail harnesses, air filters, spark plugs, pulley assembly, belt, oil, cabin air filters, a Rennline phone mount, floor mats, and a partridge in a pear tree...
The following 2 users liked this post by maj75:
Class5Kayaker (05-08-2020), flgfish (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 10:09 PM
Baba Ghanoush
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Kish
I would like non-painted center caps and maybe steering wheel but I don’t get response to emails. I feel lucky to have found this on eBay. I can’t do standard non painted center caps because I have platinum wheels and they all came painted. I’ve thought about finding a standard non painted Silver set and trying to color match but I haven’t gone there yet.
I reached out as well. Kept hounding him, got one response back, responded immediately and then nothing. Looks good though!
Old 05-07-2020, 10:37 PM
flgfish
Pro

Received 162 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by maj75
Let’s see, a battery, 8 Changeover valves with pigtail harnesses, air filters, spark plugs, pulley assembly, belt, oil, cabin air filters, a Rennline phone mount, floor mats, and a partridge in a pear tree...
Are you doing the COVs yourself? Most are easy to get to. The only one I had an issue with is the one hidden under the driver's side transaxle. It'd be much easier to get to on a lift - tough to work in there on jack stands.

edit: nevermind, just saw your thread.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:48 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Send Jim emails to both of his addresses (see below) and in the subject line say "Porsche Crest Wanted" and cross your fingers (and toes) since it is hit & miss at times. In his defense he makes them with his daughter part-time and he is real busy with his day job; however, I would run the business differently. I think he starts a list of interested people and sooner or later he gets around to everyone!

jyurgealitis@gmail.com
carreraeast@gmail.com
Old 05-08-2020, 12:47 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 276 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by RSBro
I've noticed this too. I assume Porsche has their reasons (as do BMW, etc.) for not letting cars 'default' back to Sport/Sport+ upon turn over. I think we're supposed to let them warm up some before blasting off in Sport/S+, which I used to not do, but certainly do now. Doesn't take that long.
Of course Porsche has their reason to do A/S/S and lame mode instead of sport. And the reason is EPA regulations. Politicians told car manufacturers to do it and car manufacturers obey. Those regulations has nothing to do with driving pleasure or car longevity. Actually, strictly in contrast to both. A/S/S is wearing down engine and other parts under the hood faster than normal to save 3 grams of fuel a year. Lame mode runs engine hotter than Sport. It's up to the owners if they want to help Porsche satisfy green politicians or enjoy the car and make it live longer at the same time.
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

The following users liked this post:
Al.Fresco (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 12:53 AM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Don't feel bad. I reached out to him via the forum messenger and never heard anything either. Found a white and black one on another website.
Yours looks amazing!
Old 05-08-2020, 01:00 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I do have black cerakote emblem on two of my Porsches from this guy in Maryland https://www.ebay.com/usr/interestedparty
Both were delivered promptly, top quality and hold real well, on my 981 for 4 years now, and on my Cayenne since last summer. Is it the same guy?

Nicer than expected. Had a little buyers remorse right after I hit buy. All that was alleviated when I saw the piece and installed it. It’s perfect.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:09 AM
Wizo
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Bought some Blackmill wind deflectors

Washed up the car today and installed some blackmill wind diffusers for the mirror caps.

The following 3 users liked this post by Wizo:
jesm (05-08-2020), skru_fase (05-08-2020), Slantnose! (05-15-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 01:25 AM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
I do have black cerakote emblem on two of my Porsches from this guy in Maryland https://www.ebay.com/usr/interestedparty
Both were delivered promptly, top quality and hold real well, on my 981 for 4 years now, and on my Cayenne since last summer. Is it the same guy?
Yes. One and the same. I agree with Bob, I’d run my business differently but I appreciate the product and finally getting one.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:11 AM
LTP
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

this is good news, i've been trying to reach Jim without luck, I've paid and been waiting for a long time. He mentioned he was sick or something, hope he is ok.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:51 AM
jblr83
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

10mm for front and 15mm for rear

Old 05-08-2020, 11:52 AM
RSBro
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
Of course Porsche has their reason to do A/S/S and lame mode instead of sport. And the reason is EPA regulations. Politicians told car manufacturers to do it and car manufacturers obey. Those regulations has nothing to do with driving pleasure or car longevity. Actually, strictly in contrast to both. A/S/S is wearing down engine and other parts under the hood faster than normal to save 3 grams of fuel a year. Lame mode runs engine hotter than Sport. It's up to the owners if they want to help Porsche satisfy green politicians or enjoy the car and make it live longer at the same time.
I had originally dreaded the fact my 991.1 would include A/S/S, but even when it's 'on', my car never shuts off. I completely agree that this 'feature' puts undue wear and tear burdens on your car, as it has to just by the way it works, so I never use it. However living in SE Texas, maybe the A/C and recirc. and vented seats always being on makes it not switch on that 'feature'. Seems though to stay off when I turn off the button, though. BMWs don't do that. My mother's Buick doesn't even let you turn the damned 'feature' off! She hates it, as would anyone.

What would be your reasoning for Normal being hotter than Sport? I usually always drive w/ the latter anyway, but just curious.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:07 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RSBro
What would be your reasoning for Normal being hotter than Sport? I usually always drive w/ the latter anyway, but just curious.
I would guess, it has to do with EPA. Hotter oil - less resistance, fractions better EPA ratings. Not good for Engine, otherwise why sport would run cooler? Everything in default mode is geared for EPA, and in conflict with spirited driving and long life. Like we buy Porsche to save the planet

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread