Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 09:13 PM
SeymourButts
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Along the stupid things like a gas cap, I added carbon fiber rear deck hinges. They save, wait for it, 2lbs!!!!!
They also cost about as much as the factory silver plastic gas cap.
What car do you have? I’m wondering if they’ll fit on a 2017 Base Carrera.
The following users liked this post:
polobai (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 03:22 AM
_BK
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL on the gas cap - I did the aluminum look gas cap this weekend, too. Along with replacing my cabin air filters. Just the easy stuff for me.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:15 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

[QUOTE=SeymourButts;16634484]What car do you have? I’m wondering if they’ll fit on a 2017 Base Carrera.

looks like it’s for the gt3rs...still wonder if it can fit the base. Also it looks like it removes the gas strut and locks in place while up-you have to unlock it with the red lever to lower or else it can break.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...d-hinge-2.html
Old 05-18-2020, 09:42 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven31371
😂😂😂

And I keep teaching my son: “Almost is never enough.”

And yeah...for me that IPE is the best sounding exhaust out there bar none, and the weight savings are great...I was only worried about the fitment but if it fits well then I’m sold...do you have their headers too?
I have FVD headers on both of my sportcars/Porsches. I personally would only consider FVD, Cargraphic, GMG or Dundon for headers. This opinion is not shared with many on here but it mine and that's okay. These are also the most expensive - they are worth it on this part with the heat and abuse they take.

I installed my iPE catback without removing the rear bumper and it was an easy install short of breaking loos a couple of the factory bolts. I got to everything with just taking the rear wheels off.

One thing I wish I would have known is that when I was using the iPE remote (my car was built without PSE) I could have the exhaust always ON or OFF. I wanted the factory button (I even programmed the remote to the garage door opener button for some time) but the factory button and programming will always open the exhaust at ~3500 rpm @ WOT. The iPE; even in quiet mode, is very sweet sounding. The video clips online do not do it justice. Mine has been on for 5 years and I would do it the same way all over again.
Steven31371 (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 10:28 AM
RSBro
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by heroicdeath
Going to take delivery of a 991.2 C4S without PSE, I was wondering if there's any decent way to get burbles and pops on this? I'm looking at getting a Cobb ECU tune, but not sure if there are better choices.
I would get it and drive it for a while first. Consistently drive in Sport mode and see if you really need more HP IMO. Also these sound pretty good on stock exhaust, especially in Sport/Sport+, so give it some time before you rush to change anything factory, IMO.
When I got my .1 C2 about a month ago now, I had a whole list of things to upgrade/change but after actually spending time with it, learning it and driving it almost every day, those itches have become less itchy lol... I'm sure they'll pop up soon but give yourself some time with it as-is and see what you truly do/don't need at first. Force yourself to use the paddles/buttons too by putting PDK in manual mode- that plus Sport is a pretty solid experience, right out of the box.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:55 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by RSBro
I would get it and drive it for a while first. Consistently drive in Sport mode and see if you really need more HP IMO. Also these sound pretty good on stock exhaust, especially in Sport/Sport+, so give it some time before you rush to change anything factory, IMO.
When I got my .1 C2 about a month ago now, I had a whole list of things to upgrade/change but after actually spending time with it, learning it and driving it almost every day, those itches have become less itchy lol... I'm sure they'll pop up soon but give yourself some time with it as-is and see what you truly do/don't need at first. Force yourself to use the paddles/buttons too by putting PDK in manual mode- that plus Sport is a pretty solid experience, right out of the box.
FF1 transmission mount is a great mod if you like to shift manually
Old 05-18-2020, 11:58 AM
heroicdeath
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah the plan is definitely to drive it for a month before I go through with any modifications. I'm planning on definitely getting an aftermarket exhaust though, since mine doesn't come with PSE.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:58 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
could you share the source please?
Factory Porsche part

Originally Posted by SeymourButts
991.1 GT3

[QUOTE=polobai;16635186]
Originally Posted by SeymourButts

looks like it’s for the gt3rs...still wonder if it can fit the base. Also it looks like it removes the gas strut and locks in place while up-you have to unlock it with the red lever to lower or else it can break.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...d-hinge-2.html
Maybe? I have not really looked at a non GT rear deck lid. But they try to use common part when ever they can, and it's just a hinge. Yea, I like loosing the gas strut, never has to be replaced. But I have been told that a lot of people break the latch forgetting to unlock it before shutting the deck lid.

desmotesta (05-28-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 02:03 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 276 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Tdesign9 is new to me. How easy was the install?
We are making Memory Modules and more since 2014, so not exactly new! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Vlad
T-Design9.com
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 05-18-2020, 02:59 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 212 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
Good thing you covered up your plate number...
LOL.....clear as day on my monitor: 7TND115
Old 05-18-2020, 03:22 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,190 Likes on 715 Posts

[QUOTE=Stealth 993;16635644]Factory Porsche part

991.1 GT3

Originally Posted by polobai

Maybe? I have not really looked at a non GT rear deck lid. But they try to use common part when ever they can, and it's just a hinge. Yea, I like loosing the gas strut, never has to be replaced. But I have been told that a lot of people break the latch forgetting to unlock it before shutting the deck lid.

I really like this and wonder if it fits none gt3 models. But like you say, can see it easily being broken by people forgetting to unlock the latch.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:29 PM
RSBro
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
FF1 transmission mount is a great mod if you like to shift manually
Not heard of this, will have to check it out. I truly do love the PDK stalk shifter!
Old 05-18-2020, 04:35 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Not heard of this, will have to check it out. I truly do love the PDK stalk shifter!
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/FF199XTM.html

I felt ZERO additional NVM/vibrations in the cabin....
skru_fase (05-18-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 01:52 PM
Zekiel
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Rear gt lids have a flat mounting surface, regular do not.
SeymourButts (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 02:32 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Swapped out my Gallo 12 for a Gallo 24.
The following 2 users liked this post by garfunkle:
DOG ON (05-19-2020), polobai (05-19-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread