Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:29 AM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in my case, it was both
Old 05-26-2016, 10:56 AM
huahin
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello to all. I'm new to Rennlist and this is my first post so please be gentle!
I'm an English ex-pat living in Thailand and have a 991.2 C4S on order. Deposit paid December 2015, build next week and delivery (wait for it...I have to!) September! 9 months from start to finish (I was told 4-6 months when I paid the deposit. I won't bore you (any more) about the reasons for the delay although the OPC in Bangkok don't consider it a'delay'. Must be shipped from Germany to Thailand on a rowing boat considering the length of time!
I want to ceramic coat the two PSE centre tailpipes (PSE is 'standard' spec with Porsche Thailand) for aesthetic reasons (Agate grey, black high gloss wheels, black glass sunroof, PDLS+ Black).
Struggling to track down a reliable Company in Thailand so thought about shipping the tips to CC Performance in Detroit. I have exchanged emails with Curt, who has been excellent, and it was his suggestion that I could consider buying the two 991.2 PSE tailpipes from an owner based in the U.S whom has already changed their OEM Tailpipes and would be willing to sell them on. This would save me the hassle of shipping my tailpipes from Thailand to Detroit and having my new car off the road for a few weeks after delivery (or longer knowing the Thai postal system.
Apologies for the long message. In a nutshell has anyone got their OEM PSE for the 991.2 for sale?
My email is Craig.miller@live.co.uk
Old 05-26-2016, 10:59 AM
huahin
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, obviously PSE Tailpipes only!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:26 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by huahin
Hello to all. I'm new to Rennlist and this is my first post so please be gentle!
I'm an English ex-pat living in Thailand and have a 991.2 C4S on order. Deposit paid December 2015, build next week and delivery (wait for it...I have to!) September! 9 months from start to finish (I was told 4-6 months when I paid the deposit. I won't bore you (any more) about the reasons for the delay although the OPC in Bangkok don't consider it a'delay'. Must be shipped from Germany to Thailand on a rowing boat considering the length of time!
I want to ceramic coat the two PSE centre tailpipes (PSE is 'standard' spec with Porsche Thailand) for aesthetic reasons (Agate grey, black high gloss wheels, black glass sunroof, PDLS+ Black).
Struggling to track down a reliable Company in Thailand so thought about shipping the tips to CC Performance in Detroit. I have exchanged emails with Curt, who has been excellent, and it was his suggestion that I could consider buying the two 991.2 PSE tailpipes from an owner based in the U.S whom has already changed their OEM Tailpipes and would be willing to sell them on. This would save me the hassle of shipping my tailpipes from Thailand to Detroit and having my new car off the road for a few weeks after delivery (or longer knowing the Thai postal system.
Apologies for the long message. In a nutshell has anyone got their OEM PSE for the 991.2 for sale?
My email is Craig.miller@live.co.uk
Had Curt do my .1 PSE tips. Top notch.

You won't find anyone selling them I'm sure. Why would they change them out?

I'd order new ones, and then try and sell the ones on your newly delivered car later. Who knows, you might want a spare set?

Try Luke @ Sunset in Oregon or Ryan @ Suncoast in FL for pricing. See who has better prices.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:04 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Can't quite believe my car has arrived! Pick it up this afternoon. Order was first placed October 2015. Car took 6 weeks to arrive at dealership after leaving the port in Emden. This site has been very useful for getting informed about P cars. Also invaluable to learn about the financing numbers. Planning to do my first lease so helpful to know about what Porsche does with money factor and residuals. Will post a pic or two when I get the car. Nothing too exotic about my build. Interior is standard except for the premium package plus. C2S with sport package, PDCC, front axle lift system, Bose, and the addition that really ties the car together-the fire extinguisher Rhodium silver. Added lane change assist and the dreaded PDK. So begins the three year experiment to see if a veteran performance motorcycle nut will be happy with adding a high end sports car. Plans are in the works for a drive down to northern California later this month to visit our daughter. I see good driving times ahead!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:21 AM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Finally I have a car I really like! No longer waiting and super happy to have a nice 911 in the garage. Since this is my first Porsche and first sports car, I have no comparison to make with manual vs PDK, C2 vs C4 or base vs S. I have a suspicion that all of them are incredible and pick whichever one you want! Impressions from first drive are how great the handling is, how strong the brakes are, and how strong the engine feels. My first test drive in a 911 was a 991.1 C4 and I was disappointed with the engine power. Not so with this 991.2 C2s. It pushes my happy buttons. My KTM 1290 Superduke R motorcycle still has the more bonkers acceleration, but the 911 seems like it can stop faster and corner as good as or better than the bike. I think this will be my last post in this thread. I have a lot of driving and learning to do....all with a stupid grin on my face.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:52 AM
LCW
Pro

Congrats!! Post pics when you can !!
Old 05-27-2016, 09:03 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dflowerz
Can't quite believe my car has arrived! Pick it up this afternoon. Order was first placed October 2015. Car took 6 weeks to arrive at dealership after leaving the port in Emden. This site has been very useful for getting informed about P cars. Also invaluable to learn about the financing numbers. Planning to do my first lease so helpful to know about what Porsche does with money factor and residuals. Will post a pic or two when I get the car. Nothing too exotic about my build. Interior is standard except for the premium package plus. C2S with sport package, PDCC, front axle lift system, Bose, and the addition that really ties the car together-the fire extinguisher Rhodium silver. Added lane change assist and the dreaded PDK. So begins the three year experiment to see if a veteran performance motorcycle nut will be happy with adding a high end sports car. Plans are in the works for a drive down to northern California later this month to visit our daughter. I see good driving times ahead!
'Nothing too exotic', are you kidding me?!! Your build is awesome. PDCC and Lane Change Assist are not common options people choose for example. I too have Fire Extinguisher and red seat belts over black 14 way leather seats and both stand out screaming attention and I love it. My 991.2 C2S is also my first Porsche and am having a blast. Here's wishing u thousands and thousands of fun and safe miles. Take care. PS: don't stay away from the forum. You'll need help with PCM, trust me 😀.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:08 AM
LCW
Pro

Yes you will. Once you get acclimated with the car I would love to know if your "MyScreen" function of the PCM holds the saved presets for you.... Thank you
Old 05-27-2016, 10:10 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts
Default It's Here!

My new car arrived at the dealer yesterday, and I'm picking it up on Tuesday. Here's a couple of pics.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:02 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by tgcrun
My new car arrived at the dealer yesterday, and I'm picking it up on Tuesday. Here's a couple of pics.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:07 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by LCW
Yes you will. Once you get acclimated with the car I would love to know if your "MyScreen" function of the PCM holds the saved presets for you.... Thank you
LCW and I know a thing or two about this problem . BTW LCW, MyScreen is still not saving the presets for me. I sure hope Porsche will soon have some firmware update to fix the problem.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:28 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Pics.
Name:  IMG_2383_zpsgg7jgicu.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  105.4 KB
Name:  IMG_2384_zpsgevsy35j.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  138.6 KB
Name:  IMG_2381_zpsrmqbqtzd.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  128.3 KB
Name:  IMG_2393_zps6r5wgcft.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  158.7 KB
Name:  IMG_2396_zpsj4k5b091.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  142.1 KB
Old 05-27-2016, 12:45 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Originally Posted by dflowerz
Pics.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:37 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun

Great looking car! My Targa order is the same colour combo, GT silver with black/bordeaux interior and red roof. Please post more pics when you can.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!