Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 06:05 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.two
Hope the rest of you are getting your deliveries on schedule. My T landed yesterday.

That's a very stylish blue mustache!

God bless,
TT
Old 12-13-2018, 08:03 PM
tgale
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine made it to Rhode Island two weeks ago. It's been sitting ever since. My dealership was sold and it was official on Monday. Now they (the new owner of the Porsche Dealership) tell me another week before they will take delivery...its KILLING me!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:42 PM
SH2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tgale
Mine made it to Rhode Island two weeks ago. It's been sitting ever since. My dealership was sold and it was official on Monday. Now they (the new owner of the Porsche Dealership) tell me another week before they will take delivery...its KILLING me!
Was it delayed due to the sale of dealership?
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This pic just to show that my delivery finally happened ... some better shots to be posted this weekend.

Just the few miles so far needed to get home in rush hour traffic ... glad I took tomorrow off from work
Old 12-13-2018, 09:53 PM
SH2
Rennlist Member

Very nice, enjoy!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:08 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Thanks

A few things to note ...
  1. Car came with Pirelli P Zero summer tires - my SBA says its simply the luck of the draw, seeing these a bit more often lately after a brief trend toward the Michelin.
  2. I asked about tire temp considerations up here in Oregon - he said that I shouldn't hesitate to drive the car even in freezing temps as long as I pay attention to a bit of slippage if I press a bit too hard - do note that I garage the car at home.
  3. My SBA says only break-in instructions are no continuous extended (minutes) runs over 4000 RPM - hmm, in 7th gear, that would mean going over 130 MPH continuously - therefore, there really are no break-in instructions as long as you don't track the car.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:21 PM
SH2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by saundebn
Thanks

A few things to note ...
  1. Car came with Pirelli P Zero summer tires - my SBA says its simply the luck of the draw, seeing these a bit more often lately after a brief trend toward the Michelin.
  2. I asked about tire temp considerations up here in Oregon - he said that I shouldn't hesitate to drive the car even in freezing temps as long as I pay attention to a bit of slippage if I press a bit too hard - do note that I garage the car at home.
  3. My SBA says only break-in instructions are no continuous extended (minutes) runs over 4000 RPM - hmm, in 7th gear, that would mean going over 130 MPH continuously - therefore, there really are no break-in instructions as long as you don't track the car.
Do some vehicles come with different tires depending on where they’re being shipped to? I’m located in New England, should I expect my vehicle to come equipped with tires other than P Zeros?
Old 12-13-2018, 10:33 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

This pic just to show that my delivery finally happened ... some better shots to be posted this weekend.

Just the few miles so far needed to get home in rush hour traffic ... glad I took tomorrow off from work
Congratulations, Saundebn!

God bless,
TT
Old 12-13-2018, 11:41 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Thanks, Shap. Will do. In the meantime, enjoy getting your car.

God bless,
TT
I definitely will. My SA sent me pics today of the delivered car and I truly could not be happier. Gonna be picking it up Sunday. Can’t wait. The time spent awaiting delivery was all worth it.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CCDD
Called my SA this morning to check and see if my vehicle might ship early out of Emden as its been sitting there since 11/27, was scheduled to arrive Davisville in mid Jan. He indicated it left the port almost 4 weeks earlier than expected and arrived in Davisville today aboard the Mermaid Ace. Its already showing it cleared PDI and has been released for transport. It's hard to believe that I negotiated my deal, dropped of my completed Porsche Configurator Sheet and left my deposit only 5 short weeks ago. Time to get the garage ready for the newest member of the family..
thats awesome turnaround time. Take it from someone who waited almost 5 months.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:16 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks

A few things to note ...
Nice car!

Did you read what your Owner's Manual has to say about break in? I would go by that.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:48 AM
saundebn
Instructor

Yes, I read the manual and for the most part it is the same instruction over the first 2K miles. Agreed, he didn't mention most of the other points because they are primarily common sense and you should not be doing those even after the break-in period, e.g. lugging the engine, etc.

Got the Homelink programmed and then went out for another 30 minutes of driving around now that the traffic has faded away ... turned up the Burmester audio and simply took in the great vibes on a few back roads ... should sleep well tonight!

For all still awaiting your deliveries, yes, it will be worth it in the end. My wait started in early May and finally it's over.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:49 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Rhea Leader out of the P Canal & headed south!

My SA told me, tonight, that he shows Rhea Leader scheduled to arrive San Diego Port 12-28-2018!
WTF?!
It originally was scheduled 12-19-2018, That is 9 days late. It was only 1 day late arriving @ Cristobol.
If he is correct (I cannot see any San Diego Port Arrival ETA for Rhea Leader) My delivery will be 1st week January 2019, maybe.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:53 AM
saundebn
Instructor

That schedule he is quoting is bogus ... Given a planned stop at Hueneme first, I would expect it to reach San Diego by the 20th.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:03 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Yes, I read the manual and for the most part it is the same instruction over the first 2K miles. Agreed, he didn't mention most of the other points because they are primarily common sense and you should not be doing those even after the break-in period, e.g. lugging the engine, etc.

Got the Homelink programmed and then went out for another 30 minutes of driving around now that the traffic has faded away ... turned up the Burmester audio and simply took in the great vibes on a few back roads ... should sleep well tonight!

For all still awaiting your deliveries, yes, it will be worth it in the end. My wait started in early May and finally it's over.
I just searched for online manual & found this:
"The moving parts of a new vehicle must be run in. The parts require the first 2000 miles (3,000 km) for this purpose. The oil and fuel consumption may be somewhat higher than normal during this period.

During the running-in period, drive as follows:
  • Preferably take long trips. Avoid frequent cold starts with short-distance driving whenever possible.
  • Avoid full throttle starts and abrupt stops.
  • Do not participate in motorsport events, sports driving training or similar events.
  • Avoid high engine speeds of 4,000 rpm or more. Drive at low engine speeds when the engine is cold.
  • Do not let the engine labor, especially when driving uphill. Shift to the next lower gear in time (use the most favorable rpm range).
  • Never lug the engine in high gear at low speeds. This rule applies at all times, not just during the break-in period. .
There may be a slight stiffness in the steering,gear-shifting or other controls during the break-in period which will gradually disappear."
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...iving-pleasure

Seems like avoiding full throttle starts & stops may be tough with an awesome new beast. Maybe 80% full throttle

I'm glad you are so happy with your 911. How many people told you you were essentially stupid for getting a Burmester? I did it too! They didn't use the work "Stupid" of course. But again & again hearing about how the engine & road noise will be too loud to enjoy a better sound system. Or telling me how they just want to listen to the engine (Yeah, how about on a long road trip?)

The Burmester is awesome! Night & Day compared with the Bose option. I did back to back tests using CDs. I also listened to the Burmester in a used 911 Turbo with the engine idling & A/C & seat ventilation on high, in AZ summer & it was wonderful.

I can't wait for mine.

RE break in, I think I will put a sticky note up to remind me for the 1st 2k miles.

It will just say: "DON'T"

LOL

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!