Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 12:32 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Viking Queen is crossing the English Channel and should be at Emden on 23rd. Hoping my car gets on it

anyone else waiting for it?
Old 12-22-2018, 12:49 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian

The unveiling at PEC ATL

With a friend to be driven on track.

A little needed hydration for the trip home.

Sorry to be leaving the waiting room. PEC ATL was very enjoyable and informative. Highly recommended. Wishing all of you who are still awaiting your 911s very speedy deliveries...and a very blessed Christmas!

PS: Car shown with winter tires/wheels.

God bless,
TT
Car is gorgeous, Tom!

Love the simple black with the red interior, which works as well here as it does on a longhood 911, and the 7MT and PCCB make this an understated car with "pop" both visually and mechanically. Quietly screams "enthusiast." Have a great drive home!!

pete
Old 12-22-2018, 08:11 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Rhea Leader should have arrived port Hueneme yesterday.
Now near Tijuana, not even up to San Diego yet, far from L.A!
https://www.portofhueneme.org/vesselschedule/

Still shows RL arriving yesterday, LOL
Surely they had to know more than 24 hours ago it was not going to be there, not even close. But they have not updated their schedule.
San Diego 12-21-18 schedule still shows RL ETA 12-24-18 again, they must have known.
December 24th San Diego? Not happening!
Must be at least another 2 days late.
Whenever if finally gets to port Hueneme, it will be at least 3 days later b4 it arrives at San Diego port.
Maybe by 12-26-18, a full week late.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:47 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Car is gorgeous, Tom!

Love the simple black with the red interior, which works as well here as it does on a longhood 911, and the 7MT and PCCB make this an understated car with "pop" both visually and mechanically. Quietly screams "enthusiast." Have a great drive home!!

pete
Thanks so much, Pete. Drove her about 650 miles home over winding, hilly "Mike Miller roads," including through the Smoky Mountains over US 441. The car was a joy to drive no matter the road or the conditions, including stoplight to stoplight in Pigeon Forge, TN (you get to hear all the wonderful mechanical noises from the engine and transaxle, during acceleration, over and over again) and in pouring rain for the last 400 miles. Speaking of which, unlike the CCBs on my 2016 BMW M5 6MT, the PCCBs seem unaffected by rain. They're just sweet all the time. Thanks so much for the great advice in your articles and RL posts for configuring this car (also to Valvefloat991 for his advice). Oh, and the peeps [;-)] at PEC ATL are terrific (thanks Kathryn, Hayley, Tommy, Ritchie, Melvyn and Ray)--perhaps it should be called PEEC (pronounced "peek"?)...for Porsche Enjoyable Experience Center?

God bless,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 12-22-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:28 PM
One N Done
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

My ordered high spec GTS just came off the truck an hour ago. It will be ready Monday, then off for PPF. Deciding between modified track application (+ full rear fenders) or full car covg. CQuartz after that. Cant wait!

Old 12-22-2018, 08:54 PM
CraigW1
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Love the color and the sport design rear spoiler. Did it come from the factory with Michelins?
Old 12-22-2018, 09:15 PM
One N Done
Instructor

Originally Posted by CraigW1
Love the color and the sport design rear spoiler. Did it come from the factory with Michelins?
Thanks. I struggled between GT Siver and Chalk, but ultimately went with the Chalk to do something different. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the Michelins. I was so excited I didnt even look until I got home and zoomed on the pic. Same tires I have on my 2014 and I like them a lot.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:08 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by One N Done
Thanks. I struggled between GT Siver and Chalk, but ultimately went with the Chalk to do something different. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the Michelins. I was so excited I didnt even look until I got home and zoomed on the pic. Same tires I have on my 2014 and I like them a lot.
I saw Chalk in the real world for the first time this past week at PEC ATL. It's a truly wonderful color. Congratulations!

God bless,
TT
Old 12-22-2018, 11:09 PM
Boisecar
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
That's great news! We both ordered in September and that feels so long ago now. I wonder if my December build TTS is onboard as a traveling companion and keeping yours company on that long voyage... but I don't yet have word that it has even made it to a ship. The schedule doesn't show any ships other than the Oregon Highway and Aphrodite leader hitting California ports in January. I hope I get onboard one of those two.

Once you get the name of the ship the anticipation really starts kicking in!
My TTS was a December build also. Originally 12/14 expected completion. It was completed early 12/5. In Emden on 12/7. Loaded on 12/16. Would not be surprised if your car is on the same ship. Check with you SA. He or she will know.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:37 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by One N Done
My ordered high spec GTS just came off the truck an hour ago. It will be ready Monday, then off for PPF. Deciding between modified track application (+ full rear fenders) or full car covg. CQuartz after that. Cant wait!
Big congrats, mano! My car proceeded yours by a couple days in Houston, but didn't make the same truck. Was told they were waiting on a covered transport... Super psyched for you! May see you Monday of mine makes it that day. Beautiful car!

ß
Old 12-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 760 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by tgale
After sitting for three weeks at the dock it has finally arrived!!

WOW! What color is that? PTS? Very nice!
Old 12-23-2018, 12:02 AM
One N Done
Instructor

Originally Posted by S S

Big congrats, mano! My car proceeded yours by a couple days in Houston, but didn't make the same truck. Was told they were waiting on a covered transport... Super psyched for you! May see you Monday of mine makes it that day. Beautiful car!

ß
Thanks! The guys at the dealer were almost as happy as me that this car got here after almost 9 months.* They told me this morning it made the truck and to come back around 330p.* They said they had some GT cars and maybe a T that were coming in an enclosed truck.* I hope yours gets there Monday.* If I dont see you, then feel free to check it out.* Sunbusters guys pick up Wednesday from the dealer for the films.* They did my Tesla a couple weeks ago.* They were doing an M2, Aston, and GT3 when I picked it up.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:15 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Thanks so much, Pete. Drove her about 650 miles home over winding, hilly "Mike Miller roads," including through the Smoky Mountains over US 441. The car was a joy to drive no matter the road or the conditions, including stoplight to stoplight in Pigeon Forge, TN (you get to hear all the wonderful mechanical noises from the engine and transaxle, during acceleration, over and over again) and in pouring rain for the last 400 miles. Speaking of which, unlike the CCBs on my 2016 BMW M5 6MT, the PCCBs seem unaffected by rain. They're just sweet all the time. Thanks so much for the great advice in your articles and RL posts for configuring this car (also to Valvefloat991 for his advice). Oh, and the peeps [;-)] at PEC ATL are terrific (thanks Kathryn, Hayley, Tommy, Ritchie, Melvyn and Ray)--perhaps it should be called PEEC (pronounced "peek"?)...for Porsche Enjoyable Experience Center?

God bless,
TT
I'm having trouble leaving this thread! Forgot to mention the wonderful folks at D Patrick Porsche in Evansville, IN--Tony, Cody, Ken, Seth, Stephen and Ray--who massively exceeded my expectations.

God bless,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 12-23-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:30 PM
fastforddriver
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats! I love the Targa and that blue looks great.

Originally Posted by Stevelev
Just ordered this (today!). While I enjoyed my C2S this past driving season, I missed a manual and the open air experience that makes my Boxster a joy to drive. Buh Bye C2S, Hello Targa 4 ... Looking forward to a March delivery date !

Here's what its got:
MET - Metallic Paint (NBM)LEA-N - Natural Leather (Expresso)178 - Sports Exhaust System (Tailpipes in Black)487 - Manual Transmission541 - Seat Ventilation (Front)583 - Smoking Package591 - Targa Roll Bar in Satin Black603 - Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) w/ P3D, P3F658 - Power Steering Plus858 - GT Sport Steering Wheel9VL - BOSE Surround Sound SystemXRD - 20inch Carrera Sport WheelsP07 - Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-Way) w/ MemoryPackage w/ 99, AZ, BG, BM, BT, BY, FZ, HZ, LZ, NE, TD, TGP3F - Premium Package w/ Adaptive Sport Seats Plus- Automatically Dimming Mirrors- Seat Heating (Front)- Lighting System: 603, 602, or XEY- Porsche Entry and Drive
Old 12-23-2018, 08:39 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm having trouble leaving this thread! Forgot to mention the wonderful folks at D Patrick Porsche in Evansville, IN--Tony, Cody, Ken, Seth and Ray--who massively exceeded my expectations.

God bless,
TT
I continue to lurk here even though I got mine 2 weeks ago! So happy for everyone!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!