Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 05:10 PM
CraigW1
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
Rhea Leader (as of 4 hours ago) is between Haiti/Dominican Republic & Venezuela!
On the way to Panama Canal.

Cristobal Port website is showing the RL on page 3 of the arrival ETA list but, locked bc over 24 hours. (I'm not registering/paying)

My guess is RL will arrive, as scheduled, 12-12-2018. Which means arrival San Diego also on schedule 12-19-2018.

I was hoping it got ahead of schedule, as some ships do.

Would be nice to have delivery b4 the X-Mas holiday.

I still have not made my final decision as to which shop will do the PPF & Window tint. Have 3 candidates.
The update on the tracking link you posted a while back now shows RL arrival at Christobal Port at 12-13-2018 at 5:00 a.m. Hopefully won't affect the SD arrival.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:53 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

@CraigW1 Once the ship starts through the canal, expect it to take about seven days to reach San Diego.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:49 PM
schunmd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saundebn
My SBA kindly informed me this morning that my car cleared PDI and is just awaiting being loaded on the transport from Benicia up to Portland. He asked for my availability on Thursday and Friday.
That’s great! My car is waiting to clear PDI from Benicia; it only needs to travel 14 miles, but at this rate, you may get yours before me!
It’s hard knowing that my car is sitting less than an hour away, but can’t just go pick it up!

Last edited by schunmd; 12-10-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:10 PM
gdarrah99
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My SBA kindly informed me this morning that my car cleared PDI and is just awaiting being loaded on the transport from Benicia up to Portland. He asked for my availability on Thursday and Friday.
Yes, that's great news. I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm avoiding contacting my SA ... for all of my obsessive vessel tracking, I have been pretty disciplined about not harassing him, only reaching out 2 or 3 times so far. I'll let you know if/when I hear anything! Congrats saundebn!
Old 12-10-2018, 07:20 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by CCDD

What was your original ETA, mine has been at the port since 11/30 with a 1/9/19 expected date in Davisville, I don't need to have it sit longer than needed.
Mine sat at Emden for just under 3 weeks. Original ETA at Jacksonville was 12/21 and actual arrival was 12/8. But remember that it appears the "Planned Dates" in the Porsche tracking reports for your vehicle are all Fridays, apparently indicating the event will happen the week that includes that Friday...if that makes sense.

God bless,
TT
Old 12-10-2018, 07:39 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Exciting times for both of you, TwinTurbo420 and Chris-97C2. TwinTurbo, hoping the RL's speedy schedule overcomes for you, at least to some extent, what I seem to recall as your (well justified) disappointment with not making Goodwood.

God bless,
TT
Thanks, If PEC LA was not so far behind, my car probably would have got on the Goodwood. If I had not elected PEC delivery, I think my car would have got on a ship for SD port, earlier than Goodwood. Moot point now.
Originally Posted by CraigW1
The update on the tracking link you posted a while back now shows RL arrival at Christobal Port at 12-13-2018 at 5:00 a.m. Hopefully won't affect the SD arrival.
I see that on Marine Traffic. Probably correct unless delayed even longer. Not great news. If the original ETA was 12-12-18 Cristobol & 12 -19-18 SD port, delaying Cristobol, likely means delaying the SD port arrival. I doubt the ship can make up time. Unless flexibility is built into these schedules where the ship can go faster to make up lost time & keep a schedule.

Reminds me of a Seinfeld routine where he talks about airlines, when the pilot comes on the intercom & says sorry for the delay at the gate, we are going to make up time so arrival s/b on time. Seinfeld says: "How do they 'make up time?' By going faster! Wait...If they can do that, why not just go as fast as you can all the time! There are no cops up there!"

@CraigW1 Once the ship starts through the canal, expect it to take about seven days to reach San Diego.
Seems correct.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Summer32
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Hey TwinTurbo, I have a car on the Rhea Leader as well. If you check the arrival schedule for Port Hueneme, Rhea Leader is scheduled in port on 12/18 and 12/19 to off load BMW's. Checking the SWA schedule, it appears for some reason, vessels headed to San Diego go to Port Hueneme first. San Diego schedule is out to the 27th and no Rhea Leader? Who knows??
Old 12-11-2018, 11:57 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

If anyone is on the Onyx Arrow, CJ posted in the GT3 subforum that the ship has a mechanical issue and will not hit the west coast until after the new year now.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:58 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by MJG911
If anyone is on the Onyx Arrow, CJ posted in the GT3 subforum that the ship has a mechanical issue and will not hit the west coast until after the new year now.
That is a shame. This waiting thing is hard enough, especially for you folks on the west coast, without mechanical issues on the ships involved. At least you all should have a very happy new year.

God bless,
TT
Old 12-11-2018, 09:57 PM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Well the Truck carrying Porsches from Benica has already dropped off a few 911's in Bend Oregon today. My T is one of them. I would think the truck will be going to Beaverton Oregon tomorrow with some more T's to drop off. Just a heads up.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:38 PM
gdarrah99
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.two
Well the Truck carrying Porsches from Benica has already dropped off a few 911's in Bend Oregon today. My T is one of them. I would think the truck will be going to Beaverton Oregon tomorrow with some more T's to drop off. Just a heads up.
Congrats, Mark! Risotto and Schunmd, have you heard anything from your SAs yet? Once you hear things are on their way, I'm calling!
Old 12-11-2018, 11:38 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found out my car was released to the trucking company today. Hoping everyone else that was on Goodwood and that had cars dropped off in JAX are at least on trucks by now.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:46 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shap96
Found out my car was released to the trucking company today. Hoping everyone else that was on Goodwood and that had cars dropped off in JAX are at least on trucks by now.
Originally Posted by gdarrah99
Congrats, Mark! Risotto and Schunmd, have you heard anything from your SAs yet? Once you hear things are on their way, I'm calling!
Congratulations to all whose cars are being delivered! Mine was on Goodwood to JAX, like Shap's, and is on the way to PEC ATL for delivery next week, our good Lord willing.

God bless,
TT
Old 12-12-2018, 12:57 AM
risotto
4th Gear

My wife called my SA yesterday (she's even more excited about the car than I am and has no qualms about being a squeaky wheel). Unfortunately no news yet about when the car would be released. The SA did mention to her that there were about 700 cars off-loaded in Benicia from Shanghai Highway. No idea if those numbers are correct, but if they are, that would be the reason it takes so long to leave port.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:52 AM
schunmd
Advanced

Picking it up tomorrow Afternoon!
Hope you get yours soon!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!