Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 01:01 PM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by GTS01

The 911 C2 GTS AWS has landed in Davisville, RI. The car should be down in PA by the weekend. After some post-delivery work, I should have the car the following week!
Just hurry and get your car unloaded so they can get to Houston and unload my car. <smile/>
Old 10-23-2018, 05:41 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 167 Posts

My second waiting period has officially ended (first one was before picking up the car this summer at the factory). Feels good to be out of the waiting room for good ;-)

Old 10-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

About time paxton...congrats and nice garage! I'll let you know when I get my car and get ready to ship the front spoiler.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:38 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
About time paxton...congrats and nice garage! I'll let you know when I get my car and get ready to ship the front spoiler.
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:26 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm hoping mine gets on the Miraculous Ace on the 26/27 to arrive in Jax on Nov. 11. Otherwise the next one doesn't get in until the 20th. My credit union is having an interest rate sale that ends on the 31st of this month. Once approved, its good for 30 days. I hope the timing all works out.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJG911
I'm hoping mine gets on the Miraculous Ace on the 26/27 to arrive in Jax on Nov. 11. Otherwise the next one doesn't get in until the 20th. My credit union is having an interest rate sale that ends on the 31st of this month. Once approved, its good for 30 days. I hope the timing all works out.
I am hoping mine makes it on the same ship since it has been completed since Oct. 11th, and I am not that far from Jax either.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I guess we will know in 3 or 4 days!
Old 10-23-2018, 11:19 PM
vitman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Targa GTS is on the Euphrates Highway that is scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville on 10/26. Maybe your cars are along for the ride?
Old 10-23-2018, 11:31 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Lucky dog. On the 12th my SA said the ETA to Tampa was 11/30 so I doubt it, and it is not supposed to be onboard a ship until 11/2 but I am hoping that since was done on the 11th it may get on the one leaving on the 26th since he also said it should arrive early.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:12 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 236 Posts

I believe I'm on the Bishu Highway which departed Emden yesterday. ETA is October 31 in Halifax...
Old 10-24-2018, 01:13 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I believe I'm on the Bishu Highway which departed Emden yesterday. ETA is October 31 in Halifax...
My GTS is on the Fremantle Highway, just left Charleston and heading to the Panama Canal. Then it needs to motor up the Pacific coast to NorCal port of Benicia... not sure if it has a stop off in SoCal?

Anyone else on the Fremantle?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:29 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

My GTS is on the Fremantle Highway, just left Charleston and heading to the Panama Canal. Then it needs to motor up the Pacific coast to NorCal port of Benicia... not sure if it has a stop off in SoCal?

Anyone else on the Fremantle?
As a first time Porsche buyer I would also appreciate any pick up advice. I’ve already booked it in to a shop for PPF and tint. But I’m more looking for advice on the Porsche pickup.

What should I expect? I’ve bought a couple of new Audi’s before and have some experience of the usual finance spiel, warranties, service plans. What is Porsche likely to offer? Is it something that can be reviewed pre pickup? If not are any of the offered plans worth considering?

Last of all what about the car itself? Do buyers typically scrutinize the car prior to leaving the lot? How long do I have and what’s likely to happen when I arrive? If I leave the lot and then notice some body damage or paint imperfection do I have any recourse? Maybe I am over stressing but it’s a lot of money and who knows what can happen in transit.

Right now I am a rational adult but I just know when I arrive at the dealer I’m going to be like a kid who can’t wait to try out the new toy.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2018, 03:47 PM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Just received my V300 with VIN Today..............
Old 10-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

As a first time Porsche buyer I would also appreciate any pick up advice. I’ve already booked it in to a shop for PPF and tint. But I’m more looking for advice on the Porsche pickup.

What should I expect? I’ve bought a couple of new Audi’s before and have some experience of the usual finance spiel, warranties, service plans. What is Porsche likely to offer? Is it something that can be reviewed pre pickup? If not are any of the offered plans worth considering?

Last of all what about the car itself? Do buyers typically scrutinize the car prior to leaving the lot? How long do I have and what’s likely to happen when I arrive? If I leave the lot and then notice some body damage or paint imperfection do I have any recourse? Maybe I am over stressing but it’s a lot of money and who knows what can happen in transit.

Right now I am a rational adult but I just know when I arrive at the dealer I’m going to be like a kid who can’t wait to try out the new toy.

Thanks in advance
It should be no different than buying any other car, at least it was for me in the past. Look it over well though and take as much time as you want, and make sure anything you find is documented before you leave.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks in advance
I would check every option on the order and then check every inch for any damage before I sign anything.

After the car is completed at factory its driven by many many ppl and goes through a lot. It waits at port in the open, gets loaded on a ship gets off, waits at port, gets transported on an open truck, gets to dealer prep warehouse, gets prepared and driven to showroom, driven by many ppl moving it around, left in the open a lot. They don’t care or feel the same as us, for them its like cattle for a rancher. We see it at a dealer and feel like it just came out of factory.

Just yesterday I was at the dealer warehouse where they prep the cars for delivery (Porsche/Mercedes/jaguar/Range Rover), check it out if you get a chance.

We will be like the 10-15th person driving it

i have found stone chips on cars at delivery and even damage to the leather. So worth spending the time before signing the paperwork.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!