Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:27 AM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 71 Posts
Talking Sport-Tex Seats in black

Well, I'm officially out of the waiting room after a long wait following an error in the order(!)
Ordered the sport tex seats unseen and am very happy with the feel/grip and additional deviated stitching. Apologies she's a bit dirty!
Attached Images           
Old 01-29-2017, 10:32 AM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they put your seat on the wrong side?

J/K, the first pic showing your key did throw me off as I'm used to seeing these on the left side.

Seats look great, I like the texture. Also, love the carbon fiber key! I ordered the same for my key fob, was nice seeing how this will look.

Beautiful car ---- congratulations, enjoy!
Old 01-29-2017, 10:54 AM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 71 Posts

LOL! Thanks.
Only a few of us drive on the right side of the road!
Seats complement the CF inserts well too.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:21 PM
unkiemotorhead
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually, it IS on the right/correct side. Those who have driven in the UK know just how wonderful it is! UK road trips are among my favorite! unkie
Old 01-29-2017, 10:23 PM
unkiemotorhead
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gyangage
The boat is not the Western Highway, is it?
Yes, car is on the Western Highway....sort of wandering its way here. Got to ENG, then Halifax, not Gorgia. It's killing me.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:24 PM
unkiemotorhead
Intermediate

seems like it'll take a YEAR
Old 01-30-2017, 01:57 AM
ylee911
Intermediate

I love his Youtube posts!
Old 01-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 668 Posts

My order is finally fixed (again). I thought about trying for a Targa GTS, but an allocation wasn't handy at my dealer and I really wanted a PTS car. Luckily, I was able to add the Powerkit Package at the last minute, giving me the increased power and rear axle steering, while keeping both PTS and LTS. For me, "better" than a Targa GTS as I wasn't keen on CL wheels or all the exterior black bits:
Targa 4S
PTS Viper Green (225)
Leather to Sample, Natural Leather in Black.
Roof in black.
"Porsche" logo painted exterior color.
Headlight washer covers painted exterior color.
Powerkit Package (P3Q).
Manual Transmission.
Heated Multifunction GT steering wheel.
Fire extinguisher.
BOSE.
18 way seats.
Premium Package Plus with LED headlights.
Voice Control.
Door sill guards in SS.
Smoking Package/Luggage net.
Steering Column casing in natural black leather.
Instrument surround in natural black leather.
Extended Interior Package, Door panel in natural black leather.
Rear center tunnel in natural black leather.
Porsche crests on headrests.
All stitching deviated to GT Silver.

Original PTS order/request was 10/14/16. Adding LTS request pushed build from February to April/May. Delivery expected in July.
As an aside, I can now confirm that if one orders and is approved for leather to sample, any "standard" deviated stitching can be requested at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE ("saving approximately $4,000.00").
I wasn't told this initially; I discovered it while requesting pricing for deviated stitching. They are charging me extra for the stitching on steering column casing and Instrument surround. Not sure why, but that's OK.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:58 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 187 Posts

Picked up my car this afternoon. Dealer was nice enough to supply and install clear side lights. Can't wait to get some miles on it. Picture was taken prior to the light swap.
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2017, 08:04 PM
StevePlaysHard
AutoX

Originally Posted by ENCT
Picked up my car this afternoon. Dealer was nice enough to supply and install clear side lights. Can't wait to get some miles on it. Picture was taken prior to the light swap.
Very nice!! Got some interior pics?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:28 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Originally Posted by unkiemotorhead
Yes, car is on the Western Highway....sort of wandering its way here. Got to ENG, then Halifax, not Gorgia. It's killing me.
Yep, same boat! Heading to Nor Cal as well... Just a few weeks more!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:44 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

@Keadog, looks like an awesome build, but why LTS if you are going black? Is it a special black leather?

Thx
Old 01-30-2017, 11:32 PM
unkiemotorhead
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gyangage
Yep, same boat! Heading to Nor Cal as well... Just a few weeks more!
Yeah, been a loooooooonngg wait.

This is the first new car I've ordered since, oh, 1987 I think. Same reason....couldn't get what I wanted in the pre-owned market and the new model improvements helped offset the depreciation hit. It's best if I ignore it.

Mine's headed to Fremont. I hope.

I'm sorting out what limits to impose on the dealer ......remove protective materials and any adhesive residue, and no wash/polish/anythingelse...I think. Then get it to one of the three paint/detail/clearbra/etcetc service providers in the Fremont area and decide what their scope is. Paint cleanup and clear bra at least. One offered to slap on temporary film, but this'll be a daily driver so I'm trying to avoid OCD approach to the paint. Mebbe drive it for a bit, get it dirty, and then let them have at it. Volume deal possible - I have two cars for them to address so this new car will goad me into action on paint.

And yours?

You decided on paint treatment yet?

unkie
Old 01-31-2017, 07:55 AM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a quick update on my journey. I ordered with PEC Delivery. My production started on 1/20, with a projected "at dealership" date of mid-March. On the 20th I was contacted by PEC offering a delivery window for late April. I argued that this seems overly conservative on top of an already conservative build schedule.
At this point my only other option was to cancel PEC and redirect to dealer. Unfortunately, that is exactly what I did.
Coming from a long history of BMW's, I originally wanted ED and then PEC, only to gradually learn that it's not as simple with Porsche; and gave up on both of those dreams. I even asked if they could give me a free PEC day at a later date and they said no.
In the meantime, the car has finished production and is currently sitting at the port in Emden, waiting for a ride.
We will do a long road trip down south sometime in the spring, instead of driving it home from Atlanta.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:43 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by jason952
@Keadog, looks like an awesome build, but why LTS if you are going black? Is it a special black leather?

Thx
Yes, special leather in that it's the full thickness hides rather than shaved to remove imperfections and then stamped with a pattern. Like Espresso and Espresso/Cognac. I wanted natural leather but didn't like either of those against the Viper Green sample from PE, so when the LTS window opened and I saw natural black as an option, I went for it.
At $5600, it's a "bargain" if you also want deviated stitching, since that becomes "free" with LTS.
It did add 2 months to my build time, but I felt it was worth it. There's a rumor about LTS hasn't been ordered in black before. If so, I'm either very clever or very foolish. Or maybe both.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!