Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 10:39 AM
Furrry
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Ready to dump the walmart cosco booster for the rodifix but it looks discontinued?! Does anyone know where it’s still being sold?
Old 03-09-2022, 11:07 AM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 163 Posts

WAYB Pico

Last edited by mic_crispy; 03-09-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:53 PM
BaltimoreHokie
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Furrry
Ready to dump the walmart cosco booster for the rodifix but it looks discontinued?! Does anyone know where it’s still being sold?
I don't think they are being sold anymore. Where are you located, I have one. I was considering switching it to a regular booster.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:50 PM
Furrry
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BaltimoreHokie
I don't think they are being sold anymore. Where are you located, I have one. I was considering switching it to a regular booster.
I’m in NJ, do you have the light grey color?
Old 07-14-2022, 08:21 PM
simso5ce
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1
The Diono seat that is linked looks very promising - dimensions seem to be feasible. Has anyone tried it here yet?
I'm in the same boat and stumbled on this one (after several attempts at many others suggested on this thread).

Has anyone tried the Diono Monterey 5iST?
Old 07-14-2022, 08:28 PM
brockbr
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by mic_crispy
WAYB Pico

You might want to do like I did and remove your rear seats. Takes about 5 minutes, and gives the child seat WAAAAY more space to move back, plus you won't mar the seat itself (since it'll be removed).
Old 07-15-2022, 04:32 AM
KaizerWilhelm
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got the WAYB Pico and it's great. Haven't removed the rear seats yet, and don't need to. I'll likely move the kid to a booster soon enough as well.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:52 AM
simso5ce
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KaizerWilhelm
I've got the WAYB Pico and it's great. Haven't removed the rear seats yet, and don't need to. I'll likely move the kid to a booster soon enough as well.
Looks great, but I think that’s rated up to 50 pounds? I should’ve mentioned earlier but my kid is almost seven, over 50 pounds, and around 50”. I’ve tried several high-back brands, and his head or the top of the booster seat hit the c-pillar. And on a backless booster, like the Cosco Rise, his head rises over the seat back. There are only two brands mentioned here I haven’t tried; the Mifold Hifold (back ordered) or the Diono 5ist.
I also had him sit without a booster and the shoulder belt sits on his neck and the lap belt on his chest, so not an option. Aside from removing the back seats, I’m up for any other suggestions!
Old 07-24-2022, 11:08 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by simso5ce
Looks great, but I think that’s rated up to 50 pounds? I should’ve mentioned earlier but my kid is almost seven, over 50 pounds, and around 50”. I’ve tried several high-back brands, and his head or the top of the booster seat hit the c-pillar. And on a backless booster, like the Cosco Rise, his head rises over the seat back. There are only two brands mentioned here I haven’t tried; the Mifold Hifold (back ordered) or the Diono 5ist.
I also had him sit without a booster and the shoulder belt sits on his neck and the lap belt on his chest, so not an option. Aside from removing the back seats, I’m up for any other suggestions!

This is the same situation I'm in, and seems to be the Great Unknown of kids riding in 911's. My boy is almost 7, almost 50 lbs, and approaching 50". The Peg Perego Flex 120, which I had been considering, seems to max out around this height, as the adjustable headrest hits the roof. He's too big for the WAYB he used to have, as he would complain that the crotch strap was too tight. Mifold Hifold looks interesting, but as mentioned above, has remained back ordered for months. I haven't read much about the Diono 5iST but will look into it.

Meanwhile, the average backless booster, like the Cosco Rise, leaves the child's head above the rear edge of the seat and thus with no head rest protection.

Any options I'm missing?

Edit and addendum. The Mifold Hifold is available on Amazon, albeit in red only. I ordered it and will report back on how it fits a 6 year old in the 992.

Last edited by rouxeny; 07-25-2022 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:46 AM
simso5ce
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rouxeny
Edit and addendum. The Mifold Hifold is available on Amazon, albeit in red only. I ordered it and will report back on how it fits a 6 year old in the 992.
I found this out after emailing Mifold’s customer service team. But the next day, they emailed me again and said a few came in their warehouse so I ordered one in grey. If you’re not sold on red, maybe reach out to Mifold to see when they’ll get more in stock. Good luck. Ours gets delivered later this week.

Old 07-26-2022, 04:19 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

I found this out after emailing Mifold’s customer service team. But the next day, they emailed me again and said a few came in their warehouse so I ordered one in grey. If you’re not sold on red, maybe reach out to Mifold to see when they’ll get more in stock. Good luck. Ours gets delivered later this week.

Thanks for the info. I had sent them an email yesterday and they responded that they had nothing in stock and to try back in early August.

I don’t love red, as it will add to the Ronald McDonald aesthetic of my RY car, but it’s fine in the end. It isn’t coming until late September, but then again, the car isn’t either.
Old 07-31-2022, 09:07 PM
simso5ce
Intermediate

Update: Mifold Hifold arrived and fits perfect; plenty of room for our son to grow into as well. Thanks to everyone on this thread for the advice!
Old 08-03-2022, 05:55 PM
eonflux
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

Volvo makes a high back booster that works well for our child.

And Porsche makes a seat protector that fits perfectly.

Name:  z437ekc.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  52.1 KB
Old 08-03-2022, 07:56 PM
GTS99ONE
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 34 Posts

Maxi Cosi booster seat fits perfectly in my 991.2
Old 08-03-2022, 09:38 PM
Hammbone50
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by eonflux
Volvo makes a high back booster that works well for our child.

And Porsche makes a seat protector that fits perfectly.

How tall are your kids and how much room does this seat give them to grow?

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat