Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 02:14 AM
contentmuffin7
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chiming in here since I also have a 911 coupe (and a 16 mo old). I use the Uppa Baby Mesa carseat (rear facing). It's not easy to get in the car, I need to pull the passenger seat all the way forward and tilt it. My wife is 5.4 (pic below).

PS: the car is for sale!
Old 01-09-2023, 11:42 AM
Nash911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ash_schwin
I have referred to this thread several times over the past several weeks and would like to thank everyone's contribution as I have successfully been able to take my wife and 17 month old on her first ride in the 911. The look of her excitement and for being able to sit in a "forward-facing" seat for the first time is a memory that will be engrained in my mind for the rest of my life! I removed the seat bench and the seatbacks as well to maximize space. My wife is only 5'2" so she has no issue with sitting with the seat moved slightly forward. Ended up choosing the "Graco SlimFit3 LX 3 in 1" and the Stowage Compartment to cover the exposed metal when the seat cushions were removed.

Below are some pics of the finished project!

Looks like she's loving it. I went through the same thing as you did and purchased 5 different car seats before I settled for the Diono Radian 3R for my tall almost 5 year old. My 20 month old ended up in the Wayb Pico but she hates my car. She doesn't like how close the seat closes on her or something.
One of the seats I tried was the Graco slimfit but it didn't fit great and I couldn't reach the anchors but I only removed the seats and not the backs like you did. Let me know if you have any tricks to get my little one to ride in my car because it can def improve sentiment with the wife
Old 01-09-2023, 01:36 PM
ash_schwin
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by NF4710
Seat fit looks great and your little one looks happy. Awesome! We were told rear facing as long as possible so my 2 year old (only 25Lbs and 34” tall) has never ridden in the 911 since rear facing seats don’t seem to fit well. Does this seat fit in rear facing orientation?

NF.
Thank you! I did hear that before as well and we decided to give this a try just to have 2 cars available to transport her if needed. Unfortunately, I don't think this one is rear-facing, and I never tried either since it would be almost impossible to have someone sit in the front passenger seat. I also wasn't comfortable using the rear-facing since it would have been difficult to place a mirror for quick visibility. 90% of the time, she will end up riding in my wife's 4Runner.

Originally Posted by Nash911
Looks like she's loving it. I went through the same thing as you did and purchased 5 different car seats before I settled for the Diono Radian 3R for my tall almost 5 year old. My 20 month old ended up in the Wayb Pico but she hates my car. She doesn't like how close the seat closes on her or something.
One of the seats I tried was the Graco slimfit but it didn't fit great and I couldn't reach the anchors but I only removed the seats and not the backs like you did. Let me know if you have any tricks to get my little one to ride in my car because it can def improve sentiment with the wife
I really wanted the Wayb Pico but my wife wasn't comfortable with how thin the car seat looked. I may have gotten lucky with my daughter as she is turning out to be a gearhead like me. One suggestion is to let her play in the driver seat and let her pretend like she is driving the car which gets her even more excited to ride in the car every time she steps in the garage. Picture below shown to showcase excitement and her refusal to get out of the car after 15+ minutes

The following users liked this post:
shyamvenky (01-09-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 10:29 PM
Nash911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ash_schwin
Thank you! I did hear that before as well and we decided to give this a try just to have 2 cars available to transport her if needed. Unfortunately, I don't think this one is rear-facing, and I never tried either since it would be almost impossible to have someone sit in the front passenger seat. I also wasn't comfortable using the rear-facing since it would have been difficult to place a mirror for quick visibility. 90% of the time, she will end up riding in my wife's 4Runner.

I really wanted the Wayb Pico but my wife wasn't comfortable with how thin the car seat looked. I may have gotten lucky with my daughter as she is turning out to be a gearhead like me. One suggestion is to let her play in the driver seat and let her pretend like she is driving the car which gets her even more excited to ride in the car every time she steps in the garage. Picture below shown to showcase excitement and her refusal to get out of the car after 15+ minutes

I agree it is pretty thin but since I don't think my daughter will ride in my car except for during emergencies and very short drives I figured I would rather have a travel one I can use on holidays.

My daughter has the same hairstyle and staying home from day care tomorrow so sounds like a plan!
Old 01-11-2023, 02:34 PM
K C
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

i use wayb for my 3 yo. no rear facing seats fit unless i get crushed in the front
Old 01-29-2023, 02:19 PM
VII7
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts
Default My Contribution

After browsing through the options and knowing how hard it is to get back there I special ordered a Cybex Pallas G from Europe.
Fit is great as with the seat not having a base the child seats lower and further back in the cabin.
Pictures are with the rear seat bench removed, with this setup the front passanger has basically the same space as without a car seat.
The single bucle to secure/release has significantly reduced our back bend time.
Car seat is of the EU standard of 15 months to 12 years.

The following users liked this post:
BOCKTAGON (06-11-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 02:07 PM
BOCKTAGON
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VII7
After browsing through the options and knowing how hard it is to get back there I special ordered a Cybex Pallas G from Europe.
Fit is great as with the seat not having a base the child seats lower and further back in the cabin.
Pictures are with the rear seat bench removed, with this setup the front passanger has basically the same space as without a car seat.
The single bucle to secure/release has significantly reduced our back bend time.
Car seat is of the EU standard of 15 months to 12 years.

how were you able to order this?
Old 06-11-2023, 03:58 PM
VII7
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Talk to your favorite credit card concierge but IIRC it was through a UK based retailer.
Old 09-10-2023, 12:56 PM
mblakec
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

After reading this entire thread, I purchased and tested several car seats to find what was best for my little dude to ride in the back of my new to me 991.1 C2S. Many of the seats mentioned earlier in this thread are from several years ago and have been discontinued. I ended up with the Wayb Pico after deciding my son wasn’t quite ready to be in a booster style seat.

Hopefully this is helpful for the next person looking to outfit their family vehicle 😁

Harness car seat (5point):

-Wayb Pico - Fits perfectly. No need to remove the rear seat back. The only downside is that the crotch strap is a bit shorter than I’m used to seeing on other car seats. Makes it a little more difficult to buckle.

Pico

-Graco Slim Fit 3LX - Fits great. Removing the rear seat back allows it to sit a little further back. Better adjustability than the Pico. The only issue is that the bottom of the Graco is pretty thick/tall which results in my kiddos feet being pretty high above the floor. This means they aren’t really in the footwell and so then the front seat has to be pushed pretty far forward so that he has room for his feet. With the Wayb Pico my sons feet were touching the floor so we could position the front seat almost all the way back if needed.

-Diono Radian - this seat is too tall and contacts with the C pillar. I was able to “make” it work, but the seat was tilted a bit to the side and still was resting against the C pillar. The car seat bottom also extends beyond the bottom of the 911 rear seat bottom. Others note they have made this seat work. Maybe if you removed the 911 rear seats completely this one would work. Not ideal in my opinion though.

Diono

-MaxiCosi Pria 85 - People in this thread say it fits better than Graco slim fit, seems like it’s no longer available, unclear if there is a new version with the same sizing

Booster:

-MaxiCosi Rodifix - This is the most recommended booster in this thread, it’s no longer available

-MaxiCosi Rodisport - Seems like this is the current version of the Rodifix, it fits great in the 991, make sure you remove the cup holder attachments so they don’t mar your seats.

-Ride Safer Travel Vest - This looks interesting, but I didn’t test one out

-Mifold hifold - This looks great, seems like it is no longer available
Old 10-15-2023, 03:24 PM
akki
AutoX

any specific model no.for this ? Looking for my 2012 991 cab.

Originally Posted by Dalema
+1 on this booster - it's like they made it for back there. You can also pick them up on Amazon prime in a bunch of different colors.

One other interesting thing for folks to be aware of - the back seat in the Cab is much more vertical than the Coupe. I thought my kids might protest this when I switched to a Cab, but they love it even more than the Coupe
Old 01-29-2024, 07:23 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,239 Likes on 727 Posts

What’s the 2023 update on this? Just installed seat belt in back of the T. No isofix points. Can add a seat bottom if need be…

The one we have doesn’t really fit too good without seats installed, it was ok in the 991.1 with back and bottom

Needs to fit a 32lb 3 year old

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 01-29-2024 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:54 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

I am hopefully, maybe, eventually, possibly, finally , mercifully , taking delivery of a 991.2 GTS I purchased on BaT next week, maybe? I am going to order two high back boosters and will update as I trial them out. I have two kids, 8 (49-50”, 49lb) and 6 (44”, 42lb). Will trial and error and post my thoughts. This is a daily driver for me and of the ten trips per week to their school (taking and getting) I do anywhere from 4-6 per week depending on my work schedule. I’m also my daughter’s softball coach and assistant coach my son’s baseball team. The car will get pressure tested early and often.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:06 PM
Snyper886
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts

@AdamSanta85 LWBS with rear seat delete models didn't come with ISOfix points. Child seats in the rear at your discretion due to potential complications for extrication due to limited access with LWBS. But I see you have rear belts and buckles so I'm confused.

Last edited by Snyper886; 01-29-2024 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:20 AM
brockbr
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 70 Posts

Just curious - are you sure the lower iso fix points aren't there behind the carpet? They are pretty integral to the chassis, and I would be surprised if they're not there, with the only difference being a small slit in the carpet.

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
What’s the 2023 update on this? Just installed seat belt in back of the T. No isofix points. Can add a seat bottom if need be…

The one we have doesn’t really fit too good without seats installed, it was ok in the 991.1 with back and bottom

Needs to fit a 32lb 3 year old

Old 01-30-2024, 09:35 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,239 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Snyper886
@AdamSanta85 LWBS with rear seat delete models didn't come with ISOfix points. Child seats in the rear at your discretion due to potential complications for extrication due to limited access with LWBS. But I see you have rear belts and buckles so I'm confused.
I added the seat belt and receptacle myself, just bolts in.

Can anyone ID this car seat?

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 01-30-2024 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat