Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 10:53 PM
Andy515
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 84 Posts

rear facing car seat fits in the 911 back seat.... depends on the brand you have but it fits. I have a three month old and take her out every weekend with a rear facing car seat hooked into a latch base in the back seat. The front seat is tight but if I use the car seats euro method of connecting (without base using seat belts) the front seat has more room and my wife (5'3") can fit okay ish.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:36 AM
Splitsecond
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^agreed. Don't know why so many folks saying rear-facing doesn't work. just depends on which model you get, and how much leg room the front passenger needs (better no passenger at all).
My son has gone from 2mo old to 18 mo old in a rear facing car seat in the back of the 991.1. I'm about to swap for a larger convertible car seat, so if anyone wants the cybex anton 2 I was using... pics in my earlier post above... feel free to pm me.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:40 PM
Blue997_1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys how did you secure the Pico? Using the seatbelt guides, I found that there was way too much play in the carseat even with the seatbelt ratcheted as tight as possible. I found that wedging a rolled up towel between the back of the Pico and the seat back cushion eliminated almost all of the play, but I don’t love the idea of using a towel.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:10 PM
yoda888
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Just test fit my RodiFix booster as recommended by most people for the 991.

installed with any pad as of now (should arrive today). The headrest can only be adjusted one-click before it’s against the roof / c-pillar. Depending on how fast the kid grows that’s probably only 1-year worth of usage before he’s too big for it.

I suspect at that point we’ll need to switch over to one of those no back booster seats.

Is it dangerous for the booster seat headrest to be touching the roof of the car?

also, not sure if this makes a difference, but I have the moonroof on my 991.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:27 PM
NoSubs
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bassman79
Besides the Wayb, has anyone had success with a forward facing seat that provides maximum room for the passenger sitting in front? My wife is on the taller side (almost 5'10") and the Graco Extend2fit we have now positions our daughter too far forward, which means the front passenger seat has to scoot up too far. We have a 991.1 C4S. My wife isn't thrilled about the Wayb because it looks more like a "travel seat" to her and she's wanting something that looks more like other car seats. I also just removed the seatback in the back seat and it does not help - the car seat has nothing to push against and it tips backward. I can't get the seat to install in a way that it doesn't wiggle around.

Any tips are appreciated!
All, one thing to be keep in mind: there is no headrest in the back of the 911. So backless boosters are pretty dangerous for kids. No head and neck support. The rodifix leaves plenty of room. The britax marathon clicktight also fits great. I have both in my ‘17 gts. Final thought. I just installed 2 diono radian rxt seats in a macan and there is tons of extra room. I think they would work in a 911. There’s room for 3 across in a macan.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:57 PM
OMTarga4S
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NoSubs
All, one thing to be keep in mind: there is no headrest in the back of the 911. So backless boosters are pretty dangerous for kids. No head and neck support. The rodifix leaves plenty of room. The britax marathon clicktight also fits great. I have both in my ‘17 gts. Final thought. I just installed 2 diono radian rxt seats in a macan and there is tons of extra room. I think they would work in a 911. There’s room for 3 across in a macan.
Can you share pictures of any of the seats mentioned install in the 911. My boy is 2 and is eager to ride in the 911.
The following users liked this post:
midwstCostofLivg (08-05-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 10:31 PM
NoSubs
8th Gear

Originally Posted by OMTarga4S
Can you share pictures of any of the seats mentioned install in the 911. My boy is 2 and is eager to ride in the 911.
The britax marathon click tight or the diano radian are the way to go with a little enthusiast, no boosters. Here are a few photos. I’d rather not post with the dudes inside. I have a really sturdy rubber mat underneath each seat made by clek. About $30 each. Well worth it. With the marathon you need to move the passenger seat up a bit. Not an issue if it’s just you and your kid. If you’re three it still works but the passenger seat will need to give up a bit of legroom. With the rodifix my very tall 6 year old rides behind me. And I’m 6’ tall. No issues.

OMTarga4S (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 09:57 AM
Targe19
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The britax marathon click tight or the diano radian are the way to go with a little enthusiast, no boosters. Here are a few photos. I’d rather not post with the dudes inside. I have a really sturdy rubber mat underneath each seat made by clek. About $30 each. Well worth it. With the marathon you need to move the passenger seat up a bit. Not an issue if it’s just you and your kid. If you’re three it still works but the passenger seat will need to give up a bit of legroom. With the rodifix my very tall 6 year old rides behind me. And I’m 6’ tall. No issues.

hi. What seat protector are you using? Looks to be made of rubber?
Old 02-28-2021, 10:01 AM
Dre01SS
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Targe19
hi. What seat protector are you using? Looks to be made of rubber?
Clek seat protector

Amazon Amazon
Targe19 (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 06:31 PM
OMTarga4S
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

This is more than enough !!! The rodifix looks like it fits nicely. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by OMTarga4S; 02-28-2021 at 06:34 PM.
NoSubs (02-28-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 02:15 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

My 8 year old has just about outgrown our Maxi-Cosi Rodiflex. It looks like I need to get the HiFold seat but before I do, are there any other seats to consider that fit the narrow seat base of the backseats and are as low as the MiFold? I prefer the seat connect via latch system to the car like the rodiflex.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:44 PM
Burn Meter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hsmith
My 8 year old has just about outgrown our Maxi-Cosi Rodiflex. It looks like I need to get the HiFold seat but before I do, are there any other seats to consider that fit the narrow seat base of the backseats and are as low as the MiFold? I prefer the seat connect via latch system to the car like the rodiflex.
The maxi Cosi is the only booster that uses LATCH. I'd suggest the ridersafe vest
Old 05-18-2021, 02:58 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

Received 540 Likes on 316 Posts

I have these Peg Perego booster seats. They use LATCH and they're extremely comfortable/well-made. https://ca.pegperego.com/baby/compac...r-viaggio-flex

That said, the head room isn't great. My 7 year old won't go a whole lot longer in the car with this setup, and we're not even big people (I'm 5'7").
Old 07-18-2021, 09:15 PM
Dre01SS
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 65 Posts

Just picked up a 991.2 C2 S and the first 'mod' was the car seat. Just to help other folks, as this thread was helpful to me as well, I can confirm the Diono Radian 3RXT will NOT fit the 991.2.

I pulled the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible off my other vehicle and it did fit. The side frame is 1/4" or so from the C pillar, but it doesn't appear to touch. Bottom frame sits flush on the seat, no movement, solid fit. Downside is while the head support is adjustable, the C pillar limits how high you can lift it so YMMV... but probably in another year (she's 3yrs old) I'll just move her to a booster seat.

Cheers

Last edited by Dre01SS; 07-18-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:49 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,030 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1
Thanks, checked that one out too, problem is that I need the back of the booster seat to extend beyond the back of the car seat (same problem for many of the others I’ve identified). I think it could work for a smaller child, but my son is too tall now...

I find this warming to be a little ambiguous. In the illustration, it shows the Hifold headrest to be COMPLETELY above the back of vehicle seatback cushion (or headrest). It says the back of the Hifold headrest "must contact" the vehicle seatback cushion. In literal terms, if only part of the Hifold headrest makes contact with the front of the seatback cushion, then it ought to be ok. At least it seems that way from the language used.

With that said, I'm now considering the following three options:
1) Hifold
2) Maxi Cosi RodiFix
3) Peg Perego Viaggio Flex

Does anyone know if the Maxi Cosi or Peg Perego models have the same type of headrest warning as the Hifold?

I have two 8 year old boys, around 50" tall and 55 lbs and growing. (They're somewhat slim built). I'm looking for the most comfort, particularly on longer trips in the car.

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat