Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by speedshooter
It will be interesting to see how many get passed the second time around.
If the "take" ratio remains the same as the first round (about 60%), there will be 9 left over for the third round, and possibly 3 for a 4th round. The suspense could go on for another week or more!

Then there is the waiting for the 1st example to be given away next fall (or whenever)...

TT
Old 03-31-2015, 12:05 AM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Tom for the breakdown and odds, at least now I can take a few days off to see if there is going to be a round three and not think about it so much. I was really excited in the beginning but the longer it goes on it takes a lot of the excitement out of it. I still love my 993 it would've been nice to of had a similar car next to it with the modern technology
Old 03-31-2015, 12:43 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim

if there is anyone that doubt the value of club coupe, then let me tell you my story.

I got one of the 50 2006 club coupe, the only one in my province British Columbia. The feeling of driving a unique car that only you have in your province is priceless. Whether or not this car will appreciate or depreciate is totally irrelevant, as nobody should sell their club coupe.
That's the spirit! I bet Dennis Rood, probably the only guy in PNWR with a 2006 Club Coupe, feels the same way! You being the only owner in BC and him being (I think) the only owner in Washington, I wonder if you guys know each other?
Old 03-31-2015, 01:34 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
That's the spirit! I bet Dennis Rood, probably the only guy in PNWR with a 2006 Club Coupe, feels the same way! You being the only owner in BC and him being (I think) the only owner in Washington, I wonder if you guys know each other?
Thanks Chuck.
No, I don't know Dennis. I know of a few other owners through the internet that are rennlisters, but don't know anyone in person, and have not seen another club coupe in person.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:47 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
I do know Dennis and it's clear he appreciates the special nature of his car. He's a guy who doesn't flip cars often so it made even more sense for him. As a PNWR region member I kinda/sorta get that "special" feeling from the car whenever we're part of the same tour or concours event so I'm glad he made the purchase.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:22 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

The "specialness" is interesting about the 50th Club Coupe. I remember vividly being sad that I didn't get the opportunity to buy that model. Then fast forward 9 years to the Monterrey Porsche Parade Concours when I saw it for the first time in person. I didn't meet the owner, but of all the amazing cars there that morning, I vividly remember paying attention to and noticing that car. It looked great in person and, of course I'm in the right demographic, but I was thinking that morning about it being particularly special on a fairway of special cars.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:58 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Okay, just got an email that there are 13 Club Coupes left unclaimed after the second round. The next drawing will be Monday for those of you with interest
Old 04-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Okay, just got an email that there are 13 Club Coupes left unclaimed after the second round. The next drawing will be Monday for those of you with interest
please pray for me.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:15 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Tim, I am praying for myself but will include you in my prayers as long as I come first!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:22 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Tim, I am praying for myself but will include you in my prayers as long as I come first!
Speedshooter; I always thought L3AR was called "Blue Turquoise", not "Turquoise Blue." That's how it's listed in my '97 993 catalog. Interested to hear why you call it the latter?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:32 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

second round acceptance rate was 40% , so in the next few weeks , they won't have to draw more than around 100-125 names total to get the 59 comittments to order , so out of the 1100-1200 who entered, about 10 % will have gotten " the call ", pretty decent odds for any drawing
Old 04-01-2015, 04:04 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the catch on Blue Turquoise NoGabiker joined Rennlist and did the sig late last night, my bad and I agree on the odds, better chances then most, still hope I get a chance on one of the remaining coupes, I hope Tim get's one as well since I see we both love special blues.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Thanks for the catch on Blue Turquoise NoGabiker joined Rennlist and did the sig late last night, my bad...
Okay, then I'm gonna lay a little BT love on ya from my computer's Pictures collection!
Attached Images       
Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
second round acceptance rate was 40% , so in the next few weeks , they won't have to draw more than around 100-125 names total to get the 59 comittments to order , so out of the 1100-1200 who entered, about 10 % will have gotten " the call ", pretty decent odds for any drawing
I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm a little surprised so many are "passing" on this opportunity after initially expressing interest.
So, roughly 12 cars still unaccepted?

Do you think that Porsche plans to build all 59 of these cars in one batch? If so, that means a lot of details are going to have to be finalized before any of us see our cars.

This may be a much longer process than we anticipated...like SEP/OCT.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:06 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Leader
I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm a little surprised so many are "passing" on this opportunity after initially expressing interest.
So, roughly 12 cars still unaccepted?

Do you think that Porsche plans to build all 59 of these cars in one batch? If so, that means a lot of details are going to have to be finalized before any of us see our cars.

This may be a much longer process than we anticipated...like SEP/OCT.

I suspect that the factory will wait until all 59 fully spec'd orders are received , with a deadline of deciding specs by each buyer in early May ,and then the factory will build all of them in one batch over a day or two that month and they will land in the US in late June/ early July in time to be shown off at most summer regional PCA gatherings celebrating this 60 th anniv yr

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...