Sponsored by:

991 S or a 15 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 12:39 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Why is this post still alive?

The "Vette" makes me feel like hurling up my breakfast. Please stop the pain.

The OP just bought a 991 C2S!! Story over already.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:48 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Why is this post still alive?

The "Vette" makes me feel like hurling up my breakfast. Please stop the pain.

The OP just bought a 991 C2S!! Story over already.

Its the Neverending Story! Its the C7th circle of hell! Its a Dune pain amplifier turned up to Spinal Tap 11! Its the Joker torching a billion dollars with race fuel! Its the car Kubrick forced Alex to watch!

Last edited by chuck911; 05-09-2015 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Leverageconsult
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lmao. I did pull the trigger. Still like the Z06 but honestly it's just a vette. This C2S 991 is just amazing. May not be as fast etc but it's one if a kind.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:25 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierramadre
Here you go

Way better looking than a Vette
Old 04-03-2015, 12:36 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

At words poetic I'm so pathetic. But the 991, its the Coliseum. The 991, its the Louvre Museum. Its the Nile, its the tower of Pisa. Its the smile on the Mona Lisa! The C7's a balloon that's fated soon to pop. But corvette baby if you're the bottom, the 991's the top!
Old 04-03-2015, 02:00 AM
Yard Dog
Instructor

Okay, here’s what you do. Go to the mirror and give yourself an appraising look and ask yourself: Why would I ask a bunch of complete strangers whose real names I don’t know how I should spend a large sum of money on one of two cars, one of which is a Chevrolet that I am fairly certain few of them would recommend over a Porsche since I am posing the question on a Porsche forum? Follow that question with a contemplative look mixed in with a little puzzlement. Give yourself time to fully mull the complexities and nuances looking deeply into the far recesses where this quest will doubtlessly take you. In time, if you do it right, a Zen like calm will envelop you and many mysteries of the universe will reveal themselves to you. This moment of enlightenment will likely be accompanied by the revelation that you are but a fortunate though insignificant speck in a vast and unknowable universe full of beauty. You will find this knowledge wondrous. Give that experience some time to wash over you and through you with an appropriate look of awe reflecting back at you in the mirror. You will approach a level of understanding nearing nirvana in which the deepest mystery hidden from you will ultimately show itself and you will see it reflected back at you in the mirror as you say the words: Wow, I am an idiot.
At that moment, take a deep, cleansing breath then compose your face into your best imitation of Charles Bronsan and tell yourself: Today I am going to be a man. Then go out and buy the Porsche.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:33 PM
PDK1965
Instructor

Best advice I've read on this forum
Old 04-05-2015, 11:06 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Yard Dog
Okay, here’s what you do. Go to the mirror and give yourself an appraising look and ask yourself: Why would I ask a bunch of complete strangers whose real names I don’t know how I should spend a large sum of money on one of two cars, one of which is a Chevrolet that I am fairly certain few of them would recommend over a Porsche since I am posing the question on a Porsche forum? Follow that question with a contemplative look mixed in with a little puzzlement. Give yourself time to fully mull the complexities and nuances looking deeply into the far recesses where this quest will doubtlessly take you. In time, if you do it right, a Zen like calm will envelop you and many mysteries of the universe will reveal themselves to you. This moment of enlightenment will likely be accompanied by the revelation that you are but a fortunate though insignificant speck in a vast and unknowable universe full of beauty. You will find this knowledge wondrous. Give that experience some time to wash over you and through you with an appropriate look of awe reflecting back at you in the mirror. You will approach a level of understanding nearing nirvana in which the deepest mystery hidden from you will ultimately show itself and you will see it reflected back at you in the mirror as you say the words: Wow, I am an idiot.
At that moment, take a deep, cleansing breath then compose your face into your best imitation of Charles Bronsan and tell yourself: Today I am going to be a man. Then go out and buy the Porsche.
Or buy the Vette. Both are great cars for the right buyer. After having had the pleasure of tracking a friend's C7 Z06, that would be my choice if I wanted a car primarily for the track. With racing slicks this would be one serious track car in the hands of a capable driver. On the other hand if I wanted a car primarily for the street, I'd opt for the 991S. Just a personal styling preference.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:08 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 328 Likes on 202 Posts

On the subject, just got back from Vegas and of course had to spend a couple hours at Exotics Racing. They just got a C7 Z06 in recently so took it for a spin along with a few other cars. While I'm not remotely questioning my own choice of car there is no doubt the Z06 is just ridiculous. It is INSANELY fast and the handling is next level... no doubt it makes my 991 seem slow by comparison. Plus it sounds fantastic and the interior is really nice. If price to performance is your preferred equation there really is no other choice.

That said even though the Z06 is significantly less expensive than my GTS I still couldn't actually live with one... for someone looking for a very fast second/third fun car it must at least be considered though. However for someone in my shoes looking for a truly usable all around car (including winter/hauling a kid) it's not in the discussion. The styling is subjective of course but I still prefer the classic 911 profile too. The C7 and Z06 in particular just looks too aggressive/angry from some angles.

The auto box was a disappointment too but understand why Exotics Racing passed on the manual... even in paddle shift modes it was not remotely as responsive as the PDK. I did however manage my fastest speed on the straight hitting 200km/h.

The 458 Italia I drove last though was just... wow.

Quick Reply: 991 S or a 15 Z06