Sponsored by:

New GTS Niggles

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New GTS Niggles

I had originally posted two of these niggles under the thread "My new GTS has arrived" but I thought I'd start a new thread in case someone had some ideas.

First niggle. The sun roof blind doesn't close tight, it leaves a 2-3 mm gap along the front edge. Porsche techs have looked, agreed it's wrong, but aren't sure how to fix it. They said it may need a strip down. Don't want this on a two day old car!

Second niggle. The car sometimes forgets there is an IPod connected. It just doesn't show up in the source list. Disconnect it a few times, close the iPod down and restart it, and then the car will find it, although that's not guaranteed. Not sure what's causing this. Never had this problem before on two 911's. Same IPod, same lead!! I'm updating the IPod software to see if this helps.

Third Niggle. The car has illuminated carbon door sills. Just been told if you damage one you have to buy a pair (complete), approx. £850.00. The car came with a very minor scratch on one, not the carbon bit, so I have asked for it to be changed.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:45 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

You shouldn't be too surprised if the car sometimes forgets about the iPod. It is after all a 50 year old model.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:29 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian M
I had originally posted two of these niggles under the thread "My new GTS has arrived" but I thought I'd start a new thread in case someone had some ideas.

First niggle. The sun roof blind doesn't close tight, it leaves a 2-3 mm gap along the front edge. Porsche techs have looked, agreed it's wrong, but aren't sure how to fix it. They said it may need a strip down. Don't want this on a two day old car!
Ian,

I assume the Porsche techs have checked to make sure that the end position of the sun blind is set correctly, but in case not, take a look at your owners manual on that. I think you are in GB, so not sure how similar your manual is to ours in US, but it is on Page 69 of the US manual, "Storing End Position of the Sun blind."

Check those instructions to make sure the end position is set correctly before you let them tear it apart.

I have added a screen shot from my manual for you.

Last edited by GSIRM3; 05-18-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I'll certainly give it try. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

I've had my iPod Classic (160gb) lock up a couple times but not any more often than what happened in my previous cars... usually occurs when searching quickly through the huge list of artists.

One time it did however crash the entire PCM system (while I was driving) resulting in reboot... hoping that does not happen again anytime soon.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:29 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 431 Posts

The dealer replaced one of my carbon lighted door seals because it cracked. Now the other one doesn't light up so it needs fixed at some point.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:59 AM
pap2828
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian M

Second niggle. The car sometimes forgets there is an IPod connected. It just doesn't show up in the source list. Disconnect it a few times, close the iPod down and restart it, and then the car will find it, although that's not guaranteed. Not sure what's causing this. Never had this problem before on two 911's. Same IPod, same lead!! I'm updating the IPod software to see if this helps.

Third Niggle. The car has illuminated carbon door sills. Just been told if you damage one you have to buy a pair (complete), approx. £850.00. The car came with a very minor scratch on one, not the carbon bit, so I have asked for it to be changed.
Hi,

I have the same issue with my iPod/iphone connection. I can take several mins/times for it to work. Let me know if you can get it fixed or what Porsche say regards this please...

I shall check my sunroof later today......
Old 04-06-2015, 04:59 AM
findtom
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 88 Posts

There is an issue with iOS and the PCM that results in the bluetooth audio not showing on the source list (even though it shows as connected via bluetooth). Maybe this is the same problem with your iPod?

I have had it intermittently over the years (but less so with iOS8). The only way I get to work again is to turn the car off for a few mins and wait..... Porsche say it's an Apple issue?

Not sure that helps you but at least you now you are not alone.

I think that the 2015 cars onwards have very slightly different software/hardware. You won't find that confirmed anywhere, but having had a couple of 991s I'm sure they are slightly different.

Quick Reply: New GTS Niggles