Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ I looked at the CarMax link provided and don't see the manufacturer's warranty anymore. The original one would have expired January of this year anyway. Keep us posted as to the outcome.

Read somewhere that one of the reasons why extended warranties are no longer transferable when bought from non-manufacturer dealers is because of CarMax. CarMax was making good business buying and selling those kind of cars, specially Land Rovers
Old 11-02-2017, 08:43 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino
Hey guys, I have a little update I'd like to share as this may be of some help to some future Carmax buyers.

The Carmax ad states that the vehicle comes with "Manufacturer Warranty" which in this case is the CPO-Warranty.
Actually, the ad says
"Manufacturer Warranty. Balance of 4 Years or 50,000 Miles may apply. See store for details."
as well as
"CarMax 30-Day Limited Warranty*
Covers all of your vehicle’s important systems, plus hundreds of parts inside and out. Repairs made under warranty cost you nothing — parts and labor are included."
I see NOTHING about a CPO warranty or even claiming that the original warranty is still valid (that pesky 'may apply'...)

But if you can bs them into a discount or throwing in the carmax warranty, awesome.

Personally, i'd get eyes on the car and make sure the condition is to your standards before you start worrying about getting additional warranty coverage.

I think it's this sort of thing that causes them to write ZERO descriptions or comments about the cars... If they make no claims, no one can dispute them. Their business model seems to be "Here is the price. Here are the specs, here are the pictures, here is the auto-check, look at the car, buy it or don't buy it, we don't really care'
Old 11-02-2017, 09:06 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Actually, the ad says
"Manufacturer Warranty. Balance of 4 Years or 50,000 Miles may apply. See store for details."
as well as
"CarMax 30-Day Limited Warranty*
Covers all of your vehicle’s important systems, plus hundreds of parts inside and out. Repairs made under warranty cost you nothing — parts and labor are included."
I see NOTHING about a CPO warranty or even claiming that the original warranty is still valid (that pesky 'may apply'...)

But if you can bs them into a discount or throwing in the carmax warranty, awesome.

Personally, i'd get eyes on the car and make sure the condition is to your standards before you start worrying about getting additional warranty coverage.

I think it's this sort of thing that causes them to write ZERO descriptions or comments about the cars... If they make no claims, no one can dispute them. Their business model seems to be "Here is the price. Here are the specs, here are the pictures, here is the auto-check, look at the car, buy it or don't buy it, we don't really care'
pfbz you are right about that. The only solid evidence I have of them claiming the car has warranty was a verbal over the phone.

Just spoke to somebody at the location and I sent him the link. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Fünfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino
Hey guys, I have a little update I'd like to share as this may be of some help to some future Carmax buyers.

The Carmax ad states that the vehicle comes with "Manufacturer Warranty" which in this case is the CPO-Warranty.

As we all know, the CPO-warranty is not transferable if purchased from any used car lot and only transferable through a private sale/Porsche store~Barring any miscommunication or "luck" that it goes unnoticed.

I decided to call Carmax corporate headquarters and was put through to an "analyst" in customer relations. Spoke with the man about this whole topic and stated what I said above... Car is advertised for sale with warranty when in fact it does not have warranty because the CPO will not transfer. I stated that I already put the transfer through at over $900 and the vehicle is in transit but I still want to buy the car. I then asked if there is any kind of compensation available for this mistake because the advertised warranty was *cough* the biggest selling point to me*cough*. He took note of everything and agreed.

He gave me his direct phone number and told me if I don't hear back from the Carmax store within 24 hours with a compensation offer to give him a call back. I am only hoping for a small discount on their own warranty which is what I was going to purchase anyway.

I hope this helps anyone who is buying a 911 from Carmax thats advertised the same way when in fact the CPO doesn't transfer
I hope this car checks out. Make sure you look for the 15 missing horses. According to their ad this 4S has 385 horsepower.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:51 AM
hal26
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by robertoflay
Im local to this car if anyone wants me to check it out, just an FYI they have a porsche dealer down the same road, not sure why it wouldn't go through the porsche dealer or be considered as a CPO not sure if I'm looking too much into that or if it even matters.
OP here...sent you a Private Message Thanks,Hal

Last edited by hal26; 11-03-2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: sp
Old 11-03-2017, 12:11 PM
hal26
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Fünfer
I like the dealers name!!

Looks like a decent build. Has PSE and SC which is nice. I am not a big fan of the MF Steering wheel, but you can easily swap that. I am not sure that $70k is the best price for a base Carrera. Mileage is very low, which could justify the asking price.
Here is a link to the Carfax. Looks like it had several repeat issues in the first 3K of ownership. Curious as to why the car was traded in at Jack Daniels Audi after having been purchased new at nearby Jack Daniels Porsche.....perhaps a way for the Porsche dealer to get around a Lemon Buyback as well as a method to avoid commensurate drop in value. Would like to speak with the original owner to get the straight info ....Maybe he got sick of it being in the shop and traded it in for an Audi. Dealer probably will not give me the owner's name and phone number. May require a bit of detective work on my part. https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AA2A9XES106476

Last edited by hal26; 11-03-2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: sp
Old 11-03-2017, 04:34 PM
w0ggy
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Last edited by w0ggy; 11-03-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:39 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fünfer
I hope this car checks out. Make sure you look for the 15 missing horses. According to their ad this 4S has 385 horsepower.
I shall demand a discount for the 15 missing ponies!
Old 11-03-2017, 05:48 PM
zx5go
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems in the last couple of pages HFS is turning into another classified section.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:00 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Yeah ... we need to sharpen up a bit. Ive been swamped lately. Digging for cars is pretty time consuming. Will look though.

Where is the HFS listing posse?
Old 11-03-2017, 06:40 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Yeah ... we need to sharpen up a bit. Ive been swamped lately. Digging for cars is pretty time consuming. Will look though.

Where is the HFS listing posse?
We are all driving before Winter shows up
Old 11-03-2017, 07:42 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

If your going to post your own car on HFS, it would be courteous to include at the minimum:
Year
Model
Mileage
Exterior Color
Interior color
VIN
Key options
Asking price
A picture or two, build sheet and a description of condition would be cool as well, but AT LEAST the above info.

Posting nothing other than a link to your classifieds is not cool. If it's a hot deal, let us know it! Otherwise, just keep it in the classifieds?
Old 11-03-2017, 07:46 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
If your going to post your own car on HFS, it would be courteous to include at the minimum:
Year
Model
Mileage
Exterior Color
Interior color
VIN
Key options
Asking price
A picture or two, build sheet and a description of condition would be cool as well, but AT LEAST the above info.

Posting nothing other than a link to your classifieds is not cool. If it's a hot deal, let us know it! Otherwise, just keep it in the classifieds?
don't forget
Address
Mother's Maiden name
Social Security #
Old 11-03-2017, 07:49 PM
zx5go
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was sure we were not to post our own cars in HFS. If it is actually HFS material another member will see it and post here for all to see.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:06 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zx5go
I was sure we were not to post our own cars in HFS. If it is actually HFS material another member will see it and post here for all to see.
That's what I thought as well, but if your going to post up your own car, at least give us some good info and make it a Hot deal!

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991