Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:39 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad it was in California, if it was closer to Florida I would have been all over the place to buy it myself till I had learnt that it was not possible....
Old 10-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 427 Likes on 306 Posts
Default Another crooked dealer

Yet another crooked stealer throwing chum over the side if the boat to see what surfaces. Yes right it automatically listed itself, how do these guys look in the mirror in the morning.

QUOTE=K-A;14564477]Too good to be true indeed. Id buy that for the deal alone. C2s with more mileage are priced more than that. The lessee was smart to buy it out! Can make like $20K on that flip if he so wants.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-27-2017, 11:12 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino
This car is a lease return and the price you see is the lessee buyout price which I believe the owner has done already.

The day the lease expires on a Pcar it goes up for sale on the Porsche's pre-owned listing.

I’ve never seen listings come up automatically for lease expirations. The owner and dealer both have options to purchase or decline from Porsche financial for $ XXXXX. I can’t imagine the buyout price for either party would automatically be listed. Plus it had a CPO logo too. I think this is a dealer bait to get calls??

On other hand ...

I do see cars.com listings pop up for new car deliveries even though they may be sold because cars.com is tied into their system and picks up the VIN #’s automatically.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:27 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Yet another crooked stealer throwing chum over the side if the boat to see what surfaces. Yes right it automatically listed itself, how do these guys look in the mirror in the morning.
All dealers are scum. I've seen how sales and service managers act behind the scenes.

Besides that, they are only friendly to you when they can gouge your wallet for every penny you've got. When you ask for wiggle room they think of you as a peasant.

Always leaves me scratching my head when I read "Mr xxx at Porsche of xxx is a stand up guy". All the while Mr xxx is laughing his way to the bank on your account
Old 10-27-2017, 11:37 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Nino
All dealers are scum. I've seen how sales and service managers act behind the scenes.

Besides that, they are only friendly to you when they can gouge your wallet for every penny you've got. When you ask for wiggle room they think of you as a peasant.

Always leaves me scratching my head when I read "Mr xxx at Porsche of xxx is a stand up guy". All the while Mr xxx is laughing his way to the bank on your account
Let’s not make blanket statements here. We need dealers and they need us. It’s a voluntary exchange of goods. Both parties benefit.

There are shady people in all walks of life. Many tend to be on the buying end too.

No need to make these sorts of accusations here. It’s not what we do here. For as many shady dealer stories, there are as many shady buyer stories. They just don’t get posted on forums by dealers.

Let’s find nice clean cars for sale at fair prices and do proper posts. That’s all we can do. Help potential buyers find their dream car like we’ve done MANY times over and over. Too many happy 991.1 owners to count

They’ve been able to find their cars because of HFS and/or dealers who have provided that service.

Last edited by STG; 10-28-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:38 AM
surquhar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Let’s not make blanket statements here. We need dealers and they need us. It’s a voluntary exchange of goods. Both parties benefit.

There are shady people in all walks of life. Many tend to be on the buying end too.

No need to make these sorts of accusations here. It’s not what we do here. For as many “shady” dealer stories, there are as many “shady“ buyer stories. They just don’t get posted on forums by dealers.

Let’s find nice clean cars for sale at fair prices and do proper posts. That’s all we can do. Help potential buyers find their dream car like we’ve done MANY times over and over. Too many happy 991.1 owners to count

They’ve been able to find their cars because of HFS and/or dealers who have provided that service.

Dude please stop using " .... " Your app is distorting everything you type.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:51 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by surquhar
Good ole Internet Brands

Everything looks fine on the Garage Talk app. Very annoying though.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:59 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Good ole Internet Brands

Everything looks fine on the Garage Talk app. Very annoying though.
Figured it had the be from posting on an app. What is does with every apostrophe drives me nuts.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:40 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by surquhar

And I thought it was a North Korean hacker with the funky typing.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:54 PM
mariodesmo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smbryan
Nice find... If only it had some 4 or 18 way seats.
This dealer (Burlingame Porsche) is about 20 miles from my house, so I went there to buy it this morning and the story is that it's a lease return. For some reason the car was automatically posted when it wasn't really for sale. The lessor is buying the car at that price (residual value) and has submitted paperwork. So, it's just a pipe dream...
Old 10-28-2017, 08:12 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mariodesmo
This dealer (Burlingame Porsche) is about 20 miles from my house, so I went there to buy it this morning and the story is that it's a lease return. For some reason the car was automatically posted when it wasn't really for sale. The lessor is buying the car at that price (residual value) and has submitted paperwork. So, it's just a pipe dream...
Man is he getting a deal. On the flip side, that means his lease payment must have been massive.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Fnfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

900 pages of HFS!!
100 more and we will be at 1,000!
Amazing!!
Old 10-28-2017, 09:54 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mariodesmo
Dealer games. Let me guess...the salesman used this "accidental posting" to ask for your name, email and number "just in case another great deal comes in."

I've never heard of a lease buyout being accidentally posted to a dealer's website, but I bet they got lots of calls and new customer names -- especially when they said "let me get your name and number and I'll call you right back after I find out if that car is still available..."
Old 10-28-2017, 10:00 PM
KWP1911
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

*Nevermind, Cargurus has taken them down!

If this were real, I'd be there tomorrow. '15 Targa for less than $60K WP0BA2A95FS284995
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=189843969

All of this "dealer's" cars are way below market.

Last edited by KWP1911; 10-29-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:53 PM
mariodesmo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WGJP 993
Dealer games. Let me guess...the salesman used this "accidental posting" to ask for your name, email and number "just in case another great deal comes in."

I've never heard of a lease buyout being accidentally posted to a dealer's website, but I bet they got lots of calls and new customer names -- especially when they said "let me get your name and number and I'll call you right back after I find out if that car is still available..."
No, I called them and there was no sales push, the dealership is very low key, as opposed to the usual shenanigans... The Porsche market is very hot at the moment here in the bay area. Cars are selling with in a few days in many cases, except for bizarre spec'd cars.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991