Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 05:52 PM
kpmd2000
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

would the auction house reveal the price that it was sold for?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by kpmd2000
would the auction house reveal the price that it was sold for?
There is someone on the forum here that posts auction sales prices (can't recall his name). I'm not sure if they're tied to any specific VIN number though. Maybe only year and mileage. I'm not sure?

At the end of the day, all that matters is what they're willing to sell it for. What they bought it for really has no bearing. It does somewhat, but not like you're going to tell them what their margin should be.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Anyone have any buyers experience with Vroom?

I see cars periodically from them. A big operation going into the CarMax arena. Trying to reinvent the used car buying experience and model.

http://www.cnet.com/news/can-54-mill...room-says-yes/

"Vroom also gives customers seven days or 250 miles to drive their new-to-them cars and still return them for a full refund."
Old 12-02-2015, 09:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Optioned like a champ! Priced to sell @ $73K! Pretty unbelievable.

Would be good to investigate.

$57K off sticker and under 10K miles!

https://www.vroom.com/cars_and_truck...rera%20S/64361

Last edited by STG; 12-02-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:11 PM
holgum
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Build Sheet Question

STG991: Is the build sheet ever wrong?

I used your URL to pull up the build sheet for a car I am interested in and it shows 'multifunction steering wheel', but the car clearly has the Sport Design wheel.

So does that mean the steering wheel was changed, or could it be that the build sheet link is not accurate for this car?

Who creates/maintains the build sheet data? The dealer or the factory?
Old 12-02-2015, 10:16 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by holgum
STG991: Is the build sheet ever wrong?

I used your URL to pull up the build sheet for a car I am interested in and it shows 'multifunction steering wheel', but the car clearly has the Sport Design wheel.

So does that mean the steering wheel was changed, or could it be that the build sheet link is not accurate for this car?

Who creates/maintains the build sheet data? The dealer or the factory?
Build sheets are a Porsche database. Nothing to do with a dealer.

Most likely the steering wheel was changed. I swapped mine out. Geez, my car no longer resembles my build sheet for better/worse. Couldn't stop with making it "mine".

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8674...s-journal.html
Old 12-02-2015, 10:17 PM
sracer
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991

I see cars periodically from them. A big operation going into the CarMax arena. Trying to reinvent the used car buying experience and model.

"Vroom also gives customers seven days or 250 miles to drive their new-to-them cars and still return them for a full refund."
I've driven by their location - you can see it from I20. One of these days i am going to drop in, will provide a report. They do have a pretty large Porsche inventory at pretty good numbers.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by sracer
I've driven by their location - you can see it from I20. One of these days i am going to drop in, will provide a report. They do have a pretty large Porsche inventory at pretty good numbers.
Sweet!! How awesome. Let us know. Appreciate it. Look at the yellow C2S I just posted up a few posts.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Cysco
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

So let's talk about Speed Yellow.

I've seen 4-5 deals on Speed Yellow cars over the last couple months that I'd consider "smoking" deals. Several of those cars (including the one listed above) are still for sale. In fact, if you look at the Vroom website, they have three 991s Speed Yellow cars and have for the last month.

So, is speed yellow really that undesirable a color? Are they that hard to sell? I gotta admit I kinda like the color, but I'd be afraid that I'd take a big hit when trying to resell the car someday.

Thoughts?
Old 12-03-2015, 03:00 PM
997xpress
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is someone on the forum here that posts auction sales prices (can't recall his name). I'm not sure if they're tied to any specific VIN number though. Maybe only year and mileage. I'm not sure?

At the end of the day, all that matters is what they're willing to sell it for. What they bought it for really has no bearing. It does somewhat, but not like you're going to tell them what their margin should be.
Manheim auction cars are not tied to VIN #'s after the sale. Upcoming auctions will list the VIN #'s however. Recent Sales (by location) can be searched only about a month back. MMR transactions and prices show recent sales and list Auction location, condition, mileage, color and not much more. If you are lucky you can match the color and mileage in the MMR section and see what the dealer paid.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:03 PM
997xpress
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I talked to Vroom a couple of months ago. Seems like an interesting concept. They told me they can buy cars at auction and a few (or more?) of their listing are indeed auction cars they have not yet purchased. I'm sure this keeps the overhead low. I recall them saying they charge a set amount above auction price and they try to assure cars have no bad Carfax juju - but they can slip thru.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Cysco
So let's talk about Speed Yellow.

I've seen 4-5 deals on Speed Yellow cars over the last couple months that I'd consider "smoking" deals. Several of those cars (including the one listed above) are still for sale. In fact, if you look at the Vroom website, they have three 991s Speed Yellow cars and have for the last month.

So, is speed yellow really that undesirable a color? Are they that hard to sell? I gotta admit I kinda like the color, but I'd be afraid that I'd take a big hit when trying to resell the car someday.

Thoughts?
Speed Yellow? I like!

Cool color, but a more limited audience.

If you like? Who cares. But ... Not easiest to sell either. Toss up. Get what you like?
Old 12-03-2015, 03:10 PM
kpmd2000
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

tried. dealer only so i can't get the info. also, danbury dealer never emailed me back.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:31 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sracer
Thank You and please keep us posted.

My main concern would be if the car had any paint work for some reason.

I have had pretty bad experience in the past with dealers like this where the carfax is clean, they tell you all the paint is original but you show up there in person to find out rear fender has been resprayed. Heck, once I even had the paint measured and they missed the whole quarter panel.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:35 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts

Speed Yellow? I like!

Cool color, but a more limited audience.

If you like? Who cares. But ... Not easiest to sell either. Toss up. Get what you like?
+1

Guards Red
Speed Yellow
Cobalt Blue are some of my fav P car colors in that order.

There are TONS of Black & Silver 911s out there.....

I have been eying this for a while.... if it had a glass roof, it would of been in my garage.

https://bellevue.porschedealer.com/p...48909/info.php

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991