Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 01:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
While I am not 100% certain, I am fairly certain that, contrary to what our resident Guru STG said, there is a very good chance the CPO warranty does NOT transfer with this particular car because it is being sold by a non-Porsche dealer and not an individual. I had understood that CPO warranties stay with the car if transferred between two individuals or between an individual then Porsche dealer then individual.

As STG suggests, best to confirm with a Porsche dealer and be sure to explain you would be buying from a non-P dealer.

Good luck and enjoy your ride!
I am 110% sure the CPO warranty stays with the car regardless. I've confirmed MANY times.

Porsche does not monitor where and when the car is sold and to who. The CPO is tied to the VIN number and stays with the car if it goes to an indy dealer, private seller, etc.

In this case, if the car was CPO'd a year ago and traded into this dealer recently, the CPO says with the car. I would just confirm it indeed has a CPO and when it expires. I wouldn't trust Autocheck or whoever.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Also, a Porsche dealer can CPO a car that hasn't had more than 2 body panels repainted and no structural damage. In other words, little fender bender stuff, etc. would be eligible for a CPO. Many don't know this.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:21 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Paul007, yes a CPO warranty stays with the car like the original warranty. In this case, nice that it has it. I'd confirm with a Porsche dealer's service dept. They can run the VIN to confirm and see when it expires. Nice way to find one.

Not sure why it says black leather on the build and showing red leather seats in the pics??
It also has red stitching, so somebody had a custom interior. I don't think the build website ever knows about those.

It's too bad the selling dealer doesn't recognize that for what it is. It can be a big selling point. Expensive. Looks cool inside the car.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The CPO is NOT transferable to a non Porsche dealer, only to an individual. Is it possible that there are ways to work around it? Sure. But if they figure out that the car was resold by a non-Porsche dealer, they can deny the claim if they want to.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:33 PM
STG
Race Director

I will stick with my comment that the CPO stays with the car and VIN #. Porsche does not monitor if/when/why/to who/by who the car sells or changes hands. I've confirmed this.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
I will stick with my comment that the CPO stays with the car and VIN #. Porsche does not monitor if/when/why/to who/by who the car sells or changes hands. I've confirmed this.
No sure who you confirmed this with but I just got off the phone with Porsche customer service and they confirmed that if the car is resold through a non Porsche dealership, it voids the CPO. Person to person private sales are OK. Not saying that some dealers might figure out a work around or if Porsche spends any energy monitoring it, but their official position is that it voids the CPO. My guess is that if you dump a 30k engine, they may look a little closer at the vehicles history report.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
No sure who you confirmed this with but I just got off the phone with Porsche customer service and they confirmed that if the car is resold through a non Porsche dealership, it voids the CPO. Person to person private sales are OK. Not saying that some dealers might figure out a work around or if Porsche spends any energy monitoring it, but their official position is that it voids the CPO. My guess is that if you dump a 30k engine, they may look a little closer at the vehicles history report.
Thanks for the healthy back-and-forth on my... "Is a CPO Transferable…?" question. Seems like the jury is still out on this one! As STG says, Always best to confirm with a P dealer.

This really is a very valuable thread - trying to learn as much as I can before dropping $100k!
Old 11-27-2015, 06:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Ok, I stand corrected. Technically if a car is resold by a non-Porsche dealer the CPO could be voided (just talked to a contact I have at a dealer).

However, Porsche doesn't monitor car sales or doesn't track them. It doesn't automatically come off as it's connected with the cars VIN #.

Something I guess would be a bonus of the car had it (CPO), but I wouldn't put all my money on it either I suppose if buying from a non-Porsche dealer.

The reason why I mostly post cars at Porsche dealers with CPO's.

End of story. Time to move on
Old 11-27-2015, 10:25 PM
STG
Race Director

GT Silver! I like!

2012.5 GT Silver C2S PDK coupe with SPASM!

15K miles and CPO Warranty!

Asking $75K

That's $46K+ off MSRP

Looks like PSE wasn't part of the original build. Added later. A bonus $$!

http://www.porschesouthpoint.com/cer...d45fc99e30.htm
Old 11-28-2015, 04:02 AM
Frenzyy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in the market for a 991 S, White w Black int, preferably PDK and just found this thread. Thanks STG for starting and keeping it going! A great resource.

What your thoughts on this S manual, not my preferred PDK but price is right in the sweet spot.

https://roger-beasley.porschedealer....72537/info.php

$ 75,000.00 USD
17,328 mi

176 - Sport Exhaust System
427 - 20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
446 - Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
487 - 7-speed Manual Transmission
640 - Sport Chrono Package
672 - Navigation Module
AG - Black standard interior
P06 - Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P37 - BOSE® Audio Package
P39 - Premium Package Plus

A few things showed up on Carfax:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...AB2A98DS120534

not sure if these are signs of more future problems:
Wheel bearing(s)/hub(s) replaced @ 557mi
Stabilizer bar links replaced @ 9,129mi

thoughts?
Old 11-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenzyy
I'm in the market for a 991 S, White w Black int, preferably PDK and just found this thread. Thanks STG for starting and keeping it going! A great resource.

What your thoughts on this S manual, not my preferred PDK but price is right in the sweet spot.

https://roger-beasley.porschedealer....72537/info.php

$ 75,000.00 USD
17,328 mi

176 - Sport Exhaust System
427 - 20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
446 - Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
487 - 7-speed Manual Transmission
640 - Sport Chrono Package
672 - Navigation Module
AG - Black standard interior
P06 - Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P37 - BOSE® Audio Package
P39 - Premium Package Plus

A few things showed up on Carfax:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...AB2A98DS120534

not sure if these are signs of more future problems:
Wheel bearing(s)/hub(s) replaced @ 557mi
Stabilizer bar links replaced @ 9,129mi

thoughts?
Hey FRENZY - Just throwing in my thoughts. The 2012 GT Silver (posted above by STG) is very similar to your 2013 white, and for me represents a better deal (although 1 year older). GT Silver is a desirable color ($3+k option). Obviously if you only want white then that's a moot point! The GT Silver has a sunroof, SPASM a sport steering wheel and your preferred PDK (guess that is "worth" something on the price).

Re your white 2013 find. I think it is a good price and CPO too, so no worries. I really like white too - never saw mirrors in black. Were they a custom order or after-market? They look cool.

Anyway, I will let others chime in on your find.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:24 AM
c615586
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SAS991
Thanks for the education (and inspiration) this thread provides.

I am getting smarter everyday and now feel confident enough to graduate from my Bimmer to a 991 4S Cab as soon as I spot a winner!
I found my C4S Cab in Chicago, but there's usually a pretty good selection at the Porsche dealers in Colorado and California. Prior to the GTS coming out Rusnak Porsche leased a bunch of C4S's to tech guys who wanted a wide-bodied non-turbo Porsche. These cars are typically heavily optioned and are now coming back as lease returns. I was in contact with a guy named Carl Bell (Belichesky). He's a good guy. His number is (805) 267-5929.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Cajun Martyni
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by c615586
I found my C4S Cab in Chicago, but there's usually a pretty good selection at the Porsche dealers in Colorado and California. Prior to the GTS coming out Rusnak Porsche leased a bunch of C4S's to tech guys who wanted a wide-bodied non-turbo Porsche. These cars are typically heavily optioned and are now coming back as lease returns. I was in contact with a guy named Carl Bell (Belichesky). He's a good guy. His number is (805) 267-5929.
I don't want to get in your way or inadvertently create the appearance to a seller of competition but I would be very interested in hearing about your "culls" and I'll do the same for you if you want. Happy hunting.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:01 PM
SAS991
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c615586
Thx for the input and happy hunting wishes.

I have a silly question though... Are you guys able to create your own build sheets or do you get them from a dealer??

I wish I had the patience that a number of you have demonstrated--I am struggling to hold out for the mega savings. I am close to getting $40K below sticker on this 2014 with 3200 miles! CPO'd til 2020.

http://porscheroslyn.com/index.php/i...ion123showroom

It is a bit more of grand touring color scheme than I had in mind, but boss, aka darling bride, prefers this to the more masculine variety. From where I sit, that is a trivial price to pay in order to do get in the game!
Old 11-28-2015, 04:15 PM
STG
Race Director

SAS991, nice find. It says sale pending I see.

As far as build sheets, use this link:

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...AC2A90FS183515

Replace the VIN # with desired car and out link in browser. Many dealers don't list VIN's, in that case I get it off the CarFax or whatever report they usually have linked. Hope that helps!

I have the link copied to my iPhone notes. Makes it easier to cut and paste. Also, when you hit "done" to changes, you can hit it and it opens in safari.

Last edited by STG; 11-28-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991