Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 04:04 PM
TD Pcar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.parkplace.com/porsche/dal...he-911-mp11580

Wow...$144,450 MSRP C4S asking $88,900. Stunning Build.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TD Pcar
http://www.parkplace.com/porsche/dal...he-911-mp11580

Wow...$144,450 MSRP C4S asking $88,900. Stunning Build.
Agree, nice car for the $
Old 12-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The Fresno Porsche Dealer has a Lava Orange base 3.4 Carrera black interior sunroof delete with PDK, black 20" wheels, Sport Chrono, Porsche Sport Exhaust, multi-function wheel, Bose and aerocup kit front and rear. Nice options yet still fairly low $109,800 sticker.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:04 PM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Okay, now I know who beat me to it, when it was at the Infiniti dealership for $99,900.

Originally Posted by STG991
Call John Wright at Porsche North Houston!

$112K OBO with CPO. $124K MSRP

5K miles

https://north-houston.porschedealer....72098/info.php
Old 12-13-2015, 08:09 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by dd356
Anybody know if that rear spoiler on the aerokit is one piece or does it come off? Haven't looked at one up close so was wondering if it's a panel in the rear deck or just molded in? Not a big spoiler fan on a street car.
It's a panel in the rear deck. One complete piece. Comes off in like 5min. Why do you ask? Looking at a car with one?
Old 12-13-2015, 08:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Hey guys, nice finds the last two posts! Impressive
Old 12-14-2015, 07:39 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by X2Board
Okay, now I know who beat me to it, when it was at the Infiniti dealership for $99,900.
Assuming it is the same car, and you still want this beauty, contact John and negotiate. His dealership likely paid in the low to mid $90s (dealer to dealer pricing and assuming the same car) so you might find an agreeable price that is a win for both John and you.

Heading into winter, and the Dow starting to show signs of correction, some dealers may be more motivated.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:02 AM
X2Board
Pro

100% the same car, unfortunately, I already purchased a different one, that I will be picking up on Thursday. It's also a Texas car, out of San Antonio.

I'm sure the Speed Yellow one will sell, and I don't begrudge the markup, as it keeps values up for current owners. My wife did not really like the color, and she loves the 20k that she can do "other things" with, and I still get a nice 991 S.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:46 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1atom12
Scam or deal of a lifetime if your looking for a 4S? Something has to be wrong with this car...

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...929/overview/#
I've been emailing this person "Diane" for entertainment. Definitely a scam.

So you guys get an idea of how these scams work. You send them money first as a deposit or paid in full and hope to get a car! By the way, they want a cash deal. No banks. Funny huh??

** From the first email:

Hi ,

I wanted to let you know that the 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S is still available. I recently divorced and moved to Canada and the car is here, too. Sorry for the confusion with the location, I advertised my vehicle nation-wide because it is still titled in the United States so there will be no import taxes or additional fees to pay. I own it free and clear. It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It wasn't involved in any accident and it is a non-smoker.
The asking price is $60,980. I had a buyer offering $63,500 and I've lost about 10 days waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a cash deal so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing this will not work.
Because of the amount involved and the distance, I want to use a dealership for closing this deal. If you are not aware of how they work you should know that they will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before I get the money. You will have 3 to 5 days allowed for inspection, to decide whether you want to keep it or not before they release the funds to me.

I look forward hearing from you.
Diane

** Second email:

Hi

I don't feel comfortable in providing the copy of the title at this time, sorry. Additional photos are attached. I live in Prince George, BC and this is where the vehicle is. I have no problem with you coming here for pick up as long as you manage to arrive sometime in the next 2-3 days. Time is important. If you can not make it to Canada in a timely manner, I am willing to arrange the shipping to your location. If you want it sent to you, with the possibility of test drive and inspection before I am paid, provide me with your zip code or complete shipping address and I will get a quote and see how much it will be to send it over.

If pick up is not possible, I want to use a dealership from United States, I am thinking at the one who shipped the vehicle to me in Canada. They are professional and reliable. They can take care of documents, shipping and escrow the funds into one of their bank accounts. They are from Florida and they will deliver the vehicle to your requested address, it depends where you want it shipped.

I'm going to explain how the process usually works for a person who is not able to come and pick it up. Using a dealership (BeFord) as mediator you will have to secure the funds in a verified non interest escrow bank account, managed by them, until the inspection period ends. After I have the confirmation of funds secured from you and the dealer, the vehicle will be shipped to you. It will come with all the docs, including the title, service book, purchase invoice, keys, etc. The inspection period will start on the arrival date, you will have 5 days to take the vehicle to a garage, test drive it, check out the papers. You will get with it an used vehicle affidavit, a paper you will need to fill in with your decision when the inspection period ends and fax it over to the mediator. Based on the affidavit they will pay me, or refund you. If you find hidden defects, a salvage title, etc, anything else different from what I described you just need to fill in the affidavit and fax it over to the dealership. If you reject the vehicle, they will fully refund you.

Diane.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:52 PM
X2Board
Pro

So you guys get an idea of how these scams work. You send them money first as a deposit or paid in full and hope to get a car! By the way, they want a cash deal. No banks. Funny huh??
Now, I have a headache. I wonder if anyone ever falls for these type of scams?

I'm selling my M3, and the same crap exists, when dealing with fake buyers, that want to PayPal me the funds, after they receive the car.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

And the listing is no longer available...

** From the first email:

Hi ,

I wanted to let you know that the 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S is still available. I recently divorced and moved to Canada and the car is here, too. Sorry for the confusion with the location, I advertised my vehicle nation-wide because it is still titled in the United States so there will be no import taxes or additional fees to pay. I own it free and clear. It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It wasn't involved in any accident and it is a non-smoker.
The asking price is $60,980. I had a buyer offering $63,500 and I've lost about 10 days waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a cash deal so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing this will not work.
Because of the amount involved and the distance, I want to use a dealership for closing this deal. If you are not aware of how they work you should know that they will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before I get the money. You will have 3 to 5 days allowed for inspection, to decide whether you want to keep it or not before they release the funds to me.

I look forward hearing from you.
Diane

** Second email:

Hi

I don't feel comfortable in providing the copy of the title at this time, sorry. Additional photos are attached. I live in Prince George, BC and this is where the vehicle is. I have no problem with you coming here for pick up as long as you manage to arrive sometime in the next 2-3 days. Time is important. If you can not make it to Canada in a timely manner, I am willing to arrange the shipping to your location. If you want it sent to you, with the possibility of test drive and inspection before I am paid, provide me with your zip code or complete shipping address and I will get a quote and see how much it will be to send it over.

If pick up is not possible, I want to use a dealership from United States, I am thinking at the one who shipped the vehicle to me in Canada. They are professional and reliable. They can take care of documents, shipping and escrow the funds into one of their bank accounts. They are from Florida and they will deliver the vehicle to your requested address, it depends where you want it shipped.

I'm going to explain how the process usually works for a person who is not able to come and pick it up. Using a dealership (BeFord) as mediator you will have to secure the funds in a verified non interest escrow bank account, managed by them, until the inspection period ends. After I have the confirmation of funds secured from you and the dealer, the vehicle will be shipped to you. It will come with all the docs, including the title, service book, purchase invoice, keys, etc. The inspection period will start on the arrival date, you will have 5 days to take the vehicle to a garage, test drive it, check out the papers. You will get with it an used vehicle affidavit, a paper you will need to fill in with your decision when the inspection period ends and fax it over to the mediator. Based on the affidavit they will pay me, or refund you. If you find hidden defects, a salvage title, etc, anything else different from what I described you just need to fill in the affidavit and fax it over to the dealership. If you reject the vehicle, they will fully refund you.

Diane.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:47 PM
dd356
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

It's a panel in the rear deck. One complete piece. Comes off in like 5min. Why do you ask? Looking at a car with one?
No, not one in particular. I like the look of the aerokit except for the rear spoiler. I'm not a big spoiler guy on the back of the car. It's kind of a love it or hate it. However, if you take one off as per your comment, do you have to replace it with a stock unit as on the regular 991, or is that underneath and just not operational? The rear spoiler on that yellow gts is fixed wing setup correct?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

No, not one in particular. I like the look of the aerokit except for the rear spoiler. I'm not a big spoiler guy on the back of the car. It's kind of a love it or hate it. However, if you take one off as per your comment, do you have to replace it with a stock unit as on the regular 991, or is that underneath and just not operational? The rear spoiler on that yellow gts is fixed wing setup correct?
You would have to purchase the 'std' (automatic) spoiler (and h/w) and have it (painted and) installed to replace any aerokit components removed - this would
include wiring and re-programming the car, not worth the hassle IMO.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:43 PM
STG
Race Director

Yes, the yellow one is fixed. Can be switched, but costly like Larry mentioned. I don't think they even would have the wiring for the standard spoiler in place. I bet not.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:46 PM
STG
Race Director

Call our forum sponsor, Brett @ Sonnen on this one. Ask him for the RL hookup!

https://sonnen.porschedealer.com/cer...71983/info.php

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991